Red - is love

my blind dream is YOU

Kim Taehyung

 

 

“He fell asleep?” Jin hyung asked when I entered the living room.

“Yes, he was dead tired.” I threw my body on the couch next to him “We all are after cleaning the entire house by ourselves.”

“Aren’t you happy that I made the rule that the second floor is out of access during your parties?” He smirked while looking me over his pink reading glasses.

“I could lie and say no, but I’m too tired.” A depressed sigh left my mouth “Where are the rest of the guys?”

“They left, busy life you know.” He hide his entire face behind the magazine he was reading.

“What did you do hyung?!”

“Nothing.” He smirked and that was the confirmation I needed.

“Let me guess – you kicked Suga hyung out, nothing new there; probably scared Hoseok hyung and Jimin… what happen to           Jimin? You love him to death.”

“Believe it or not I didn’t do anything to your friends. Yoongi got a call from someone and rushed out, Jimin had previous plans with his parents, and your friend Hoseok… well that one I have to confess that I did scare him out.”

“How?” He was obviously trying to hold a stupid laugh “Hyung~”

“He was curious to know a little bit more about you, so I told him a couple things, nothing much.” Oh boy, I don’t like this.

“What exactly? Hyung you didn’t involve Kookie…”

“Of course I did.” “I can’t say a single word about you without involving your precious love.” I hate my hyung “He was sitting right in front of me, looking like a stupid teenager in love wanting to know more about his crush, so I had to crush his dream, it was kind of fun.” He laughed out loud.

“What exactly did you told him?”

“I will quote – ‘Dear mister blind as a bat, my little brother is a freak that loves to spend his time pretending to be a happy fool that in reality is as miserable as one can be. Don’t waste your time trying to develop any kind of relationship with him because friendship will only make you turn into a frustrated human been that will get sick and tired to see him drool over his eternal love, and don’t even try to develop a romantic relationship with him because he like Jungkook since the kid was born and loves him sense… probably since he was born as well’ the end.”

“You said all that and you still remember?”

“No.” He rolled his eyes “I just said that you are dating Jungkook so he shouldn’t even start annoying me with stupid questions about you.” My hyung is unbelievable.

“And why would you say that?!” I growled “Kookie and I are not even…”

“First of all: every single person in your life knows that you are in love with that kid, except him, what an idiot right? Secondly: I’m free to say whatever I want; and third: if you stop being a little you two would be renewing your wedding vows by right now.” He chuckled and I blushed “Oh please don’t blush, it’s disgusting.”

“That will never happen.” I whispered “Kookie doesn’t love me like that.” Just saying those words my heart broke a little bit more.

“Oh, my God you are pathetic.” Hitting my head with his magazine.

“Hyung that hurt.” Caressing the pained spot.

“And do you know how I know you are pathetic?” I keep silent “Because I’m looking at you and thinking that you are really pathetic.”

“Thanks, you always know how to cheer me up.”

“You’re welcome.” He turned his body towards me and leaned forward, making me lift my fists up, ready to fight back “Let me tell you something Little Tae Tae” From everybody in my life that calls me Tae Tae, Jin hyung is the one that gives me the chills whenever he does it “I live my life exactly the way I want it, I get what I want, take what I want, love whoever I want and make a living hell out of your life whenever I’m bored.” He smirks and I shiver “Mom and dad are like that too, so don’t put our family name into shame and live like the rest of us – man up brother.”

“Please don’t try to comfort me, it’s quite scary.”

“Good.” He straitened up his back and took a deep breath, caressed his heart “My chest was almost exploding with the amount of effort I did to control my annoyed face expression.” Smiling brifely “Anyway, go confess to the kid and stop irritating me with that depress attitude.” He returned to his previous position after picking up his magazine so he could finish his reading.

“I already confessed to him last year, and you know how that ended up.” I sighed with a heavy heart.

“Really?” Hyung frowned “You call that a ing confession?”

 

~~~ 14 mouth ago ~~~

 

“You call that having a crush.”

“It’s not a crush Jimin hyung, I just admire her, like really admire her.”

“That is definitely a crush.”

“Shut up Jimin, if he says is not a crush then it’s not a freaking crush.”

“And how do you know Kim Taehyung?” He teased “Do you know what the symptoms of a crushing heart?” Jerk, of course I know, and you are well aware of it.

“Tae hyung has all the beautiful girls and boys at school drooling for him, I’m sure he crushed on, at least, half of them.”

“Really Kookie?” My annoyance was growing, and growing, and growing…

After school, we got together at my place to eat some snacks and came outside to enjoy the spring evening sun. Everything was going great until Park Jimin remembered to ask Kookie about his new substitute P.E teacher, why? Because every kid at school is drooling over her, and Jimin thought that Kookie might suffer from the same condition especially because she is teaching his class.

“But tell me, why do you ‘admire’ her?”

“Because she absolutely breaks all those stereotypes about women being weaker than men.” Are his eyes ing shining right now? “She is very strong and can play any sport!” Yes, they are definitely shining “Everybody was surprised by her skills because she is so slim and looks so fragile, but, BAM! She is like wonder woman!” Kill me now.

“That certainly sounds like a crush.” Jimin insisted, before lying is body on the grass.

“He doesn’t want to get involve with her or anything so it can’t be a crush.”

“Tae hyung is right.” Kookie affirmed and I relaxed for the first time since this stupid conversation started “Beside, I want to get involve with someone older than me, but not that older.” Great answer Kookie “She would probably be too experience, and I would hate that.”

“You don’t want to date someone with dating experience?” Jimin sit back up, asking the question that I was about to ask.

“It’s not that.” He struggled with his own words “I want to date someone that is not too experienced in dating, so we can kind of figure it out together as we go.” He whispered, a cute shade of pink playing on his cheeks. God, why does he have to be so adorable?

“So, let’s imagine that Taehyung here ask you to date him” Jimin caught me off guard, making my eyes almost fall off my face. What hell? “You would say yes? Since he doesn’t have any dating experience.”

“I can’t date Tae hyung!” The sound of his laughter crushed my heart into a million pieces.

“Why not?” I asked, holding my breath, not really sure if I want to hear the answer “If I told you that I love you with all my heart and that I want to be with you forever… would you say no?”

“Come on hyung, you can’t even put that as a hypothesis, can you?” His laughter was quitter but it was still there, breaking my heart.

“I can.”

“Me too.” Jimin supported “You guys would be perfect together since you know each other so well.”

“Exactly because of that we could never date – we know each other too well, where is the fun of dating someone that you know inside out, from head to toe and with closed eyes?” He shrugged “Beside, if you exclude our taste in music, Tae Tae hyung and I have absolutely nothing in common, imagine how sad it would be to date someone completely opposite to you?”

“What you just said makes no since Jungkook.” Jimin “But it only proves that you never been in love and that you never had a crush towards someone.” He smiled “Once that happen you will see that even without having anything in common with your other half, things can be very interesting an exciting.”

“Maybe.” He shrugged before smirking at me “But it would never be with Tae hyung, the weirdness would kill me.” And laughed again, not noticing how painful those words were.

 

~~~ Present day ~~~

 

“It’s was really hard for me to tell him that I love him, and he just…” I want to cry right now “I’m not gonna do it again. I need to burry my feelings and…”

“I will tell you again – you can’t call that a confession.” Rolling his eyes in annoyance “When you told me that day that you would move out of the country to cure your broken heart, I really thought you confessed properly to the kid and got a humiliating rejection, but then Jimin told me exactly what happen and I really wanted to sent you away, but also wanted to keep you near me so I could laugh at you dumb brain.” He sighed “Thinking about it now, I deeply regret it not supporting your wish to leave the country.”

“Great way to comfort people hyung.” I growled.

“Well, you don’t need comfort, you made the decision to suffer in silence while waiting for someone to take the kid away from you. Someone like Jimin.”

“Why would Jimin date him?” I almost cursed at hyung, almost.

“I don’t mind them dating each other. I don’t like your kid and Jimin is too perfect for him, but I know auntie and uncle would be so much relieved if Jimin…”

“No, no, no, you can stop there, hyung.” I stood up, the conversation was starting to annoy me to the bones.

“Then do you want him to get together with some stranger that we don’t know about? Well nothing against it, after going out with 50 erts, he will probably find someone…”

“Seriously hyung? erts?” I growled.

“He is not my type, but the kid is cute, a lot of erts will find him juicy and…”

“Oh my God. I’m done listening to you.” And started to walk away from my crazy brother.

“Just confess to him, I’m 100% sure you will get a different reply.” I started to climb the stairs “And if not, just leave the house and become a monk, at least one of us will be happy, right?” And his crazy laughter started.

“He is the worse hyung on earth.” I growled walking to my bedroom “Always so… arghhh” I entered my bedroom and found the most beautiful view right in front of me “Jesus, how can someone be so freaking perfect?" I whispered to myself as I walked closer to the bed and knelt in front of him “You look even more perfect when you’re asleep.”

And he actually does. His facial muscles are completely relaxed so his expression softens and he looks even more beautiful. However I will have to admit that I love it more when he is awake because of his eyes, those big, dark pair of eyes are the most fascinating thing, I could actually spend half of my life staring back at him and I wouldn’t be bored at all. The other half of my life I would spend it hugging him, his body is the best pillow in the whole entire world and I love it.

“Tae Tae~~” He murmured in his sleep and that puts a smile on my face. Sometimes he does that, sleep talk, and 99% of the time is cute, so I always encourage him.

“Do you want something Kookie?” I gently whisper back.

“Kiss.”

“W-what?”

“Kiss… me.” Ok, so I did heard it right.

“Why?” I cleared my very dry throat and tried to supress the urge to just kiss him senseless. For God’s sake, he doesn’t remember the kiss, BUT his freaking subconscience does? What the hell?!

“I like it~” And he pouted his lips. Jesus I’m ruined “Tae Tae~~”

It’s hot. In two weeks we will reach Summer, Spring is still here but the temperatures are already too high, so it’s hot, really hot. For that reason we sleep with the minimum clothing possible, I’m all in favour of that, I hate waking up all sweaty and sticky, especially because I always sleep holding Kookie so I always go to bed with only my underwear, but, fortunately, Kookie doesn’t sleep without a t-shirt and shorts, and right now, looking at the tent forming at his short blue shorts I really appreciate his moral standards.

“How can you make him while he is sleeping?” Jin hyung asked, scaring the out of me.

“HYUNG?!”  I shouted and he started to laugh darkly from his spot in front of the door.

“Hyung~~” Kookie complained, opening one of his sleepy eyes.

“Sorry, sorry.” I’m gonna kill my brother “I’m sorry, go back to sleep.” I caressed his hair while glaring at a happy Jin hyung that walked away after waving at me.

“What happened?” Kookie asked, opening his sleepy eyes.

“Nothing, Jin hyung was being annoying as usual but he is gone now, you can go back to sleep.”

“Are you staying with me?” He reached my left hand and held it in a gentle grip.

“Well…” I quickly glanced at his half tent and gulped loudly as I stared back at his eyes. , this is not gonna work “I will be downstairs…”

“Why? Aren’t you tired too?” He pouted. ! I want to kiss him so bad.

“Your… tent…” He gave me a confused look so I pointed at his shorts with my free hand.

“What? Are you disgusted? I always wake up with yours pressed against my lower back or belly, so why are you acting so….”

“Oh please, this is completely different!” I love you to death and you just whispered my name while asking me to freaking kiss you, how can I lay down and hold you against my body when you are making me want to….

“Why?” Now he is glaring, and before I can answer his question, I’m freaking saved by my phone that starts ringing form my jeans pocket.

“Sorry, got to answer this.” I quickly ran out of the room, not leaving space for arguments “My hero~” I breathed out as soon as I answered the phone and heard Hoseok hyung laugh with amusement.

 

~~~ // ~~~

 

“Thanks hyung, you really saved my life.” I smiled at Hoseok hyung as we ride our bikes along the road.

“What? Your brother was still nagging you about the house?” Hyung teased.

“Jin hyung nag about everything, he is a real pain in the .”

“I find it cute.”

“No way, he is too much.”

“No him in specific but your relationship with him, is very cute.” Hyung laughed and I frowned “You two obviously love each other but for some reason you act like you can’t stand one another.”

“I swear you have a very blind way to see reality.” I chuckled.

“See – you are completely in sync, both of you called me blind today.”

“But I bet I said it in a cuter way.” I winked as we turned to our right and kept on pedalling.

“Yeah, your brother kind of hurt my feelings when he called me blind.” He sighed, a little depressed.

“I apologize on his behalf.” I really mean it “Jin hyung doesn’t have a filter and he is very inconsiderate, but deep down – like end of the world deep – he didn’t meant to hurt you, I promise.”

“Probably not.” He gave me a small smile “Is it true though?”

“What?”

“What he said about you and Jungkook? You guys are together? You love him?”

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOW!!! I almost fell off the bike, luckily I stopped just in time.

“Are you alright?” Hyung stopped next to me and helped me park the bike next to Mr. Choi’s convenience shop.

“Yeah, thanks.”

“Did I surprised you that much?“ He laughed, but it was a very empty sound “I guess it means that it is true.” Coming out of his bike, he rested it against the wall and crunched in front of it.

“Hyung… well… you see… I don’t know what Jin hyung told you, but… but… well…” God, this is beyond awkward.

“I kind of suspected, you are always so sweet and adorable towards him, and he was very hostile to me, stabbing daggers with his eyes in every occasion…”

“You are talking like Kookie and I are dating or something.” I laughed and leaned my bike against his before sitting next to him, people walking back and forward, passing us, some glancing others completely ignoring us.

“And you are not?” His question made me turn my attention to him and ignore the rest of the world. Surprise, for some reason he looked very surprised with the fact that I was not dating Kookie.

“No.” I wish.

“Your brother said ‘Are you blind? Can you see that he is dating Jungkook?’ he was so firm saying so.” I’m gonna kill my brother “But you are not?”

“No, we are not dating.” I sighed “It’s just me loving him.”

“How come when he looks at you with so much… love?”

“It’s a brotherly love, don’t get misunderstood.” I forced a smile and stood up “I should head back now, my parents are coming back today and I should help prepare some food for them.”

“Wait.” He grabbed my hand and forced me to look back at him “If you two are not dating, and if you say that he doesn’t love you back, does that mean that I can try to win you over?”

“I’m very happy to have someone like you interested in me, hyung, I really am.”

“But?”

“But, I tried it before.” I sighed “I tried for almost a year to turn my heart the other way and fall for someone else, but that kid is a permanent tattoo made inside of my entire body. Nothing works against Jeon Jungkook.” I bite down my lip “And I did try to focus my attention on you hyung, flirt back and get close to you, but in the end there is always something that reminds me or makes me think about him – a certain word in the middle of a sentence because he is always playing with words for the songs he writes; a joke that someone tells because Kookie never finds any joke truly funny; the summer weather that he loves so much because he can play basketball outside; the sound of a cracking door because he used to be afraid of that sound when he was still in diapers; even Kookie himself makes me think even more about him. There is always something that makes me crawl back to him.” I released a deep breath and stared at the clean blue sky above us “He is my blind dream.”

“Your blind dream?”

“If a person is born blind” I stare back at his curious and confused eyes “How do you think that person dreams?”

“I… I don’t know.” He made a strange face while seriously thinking about that question “I guess I never thought about it.”

“I don’t know either, but they still dream because they can still feel, right?” I slowly took a look at the world around us “They can still smell; they can touch what is near and be touched; they can hear the voices and the sound around them… they can still dream because they can use their other senses.” I smiled and faced him “Kookie is my blind dream, I could be born blind and I would still be dreaming about him all the time.” I closed my eyes and Kookie’s face filled my mind completely, like it always does “I would still hear his strong/steady voice; smell his sweet scent; feel his soft touch and touch him back; I would still distinguish him from head to toe and inside out, I have no doubt, since he is everything I truly know.” I chuckled “I must be crazy, I’m sure I’m crazy, completely crazy about him.”

“You are one of a kind.”

“Yeah, I’m a freak, Jin hyung says that all the time.” I laughed and Hoseok hyung chuckled.

“But if he is that especial to you, shouldn’t you try to turn that dream into reality?”

“A dream is a dream hyung.” I shook my head “Reality is something else, whenever you turn a dream into something real it never turns out the way you want it to be.” Memories of my stupid confession tries to come out but I block it in “There are certain dreams that are not mean to be.” I sighed. God I sound pathetic “Sorry, I’m boring you with my stupid way of thinking. It makes me look like a lunatic stalker.”

“No, it makes you even more genuine and beautiful.” He gently smiled at me.

“You must be crazy too.” I nervously scratched my neck. The way he is looking at me make me uncomfortable.

 “It makes me want you more.” Yeah, it definitely makes me uncomfortable.

“Then you are crazier than me.” I shook my head and got on my bike.

“I’m serious Taehyung.” He stared deep into my eyes “The way I feel about you is serious, and if you really think that you don’t have a chance with Jungkook, I would like you to give me a chance with you.” Yes, he is serious, I can tell by the way he is staring at me with those determined eyes.

“Are you going back with me?” I’m not prepared to face those kind of feelings right now, I better runaway now “Because I really need to go right now, I forgot my phone at home and Jin hyung must be going nuts waiting for his personal slave.” Hyung gently laughed.

“I would love to, but I have to catch the train back home.” He pouted “But I will visit again, and call you often.”

“Have a safe trip hyung.” I nodded and started to pedal back home, fast.

“I will call you Taehyung.” He shouted from afar.

 

~~~ // ~~~

 

“I’m home!” I entered my house and took off my shoes “Jin hyung?”

“What?” I heard hyung’s voice coming from the kitchen and I walked there. Great, he have some explanations to give me about the conversations he is having with Hoseok hyung behind my back.

“Kookie?!” I came to a stop when I saw him sitting on one of the kitchen stool with tear stains on his cheeks “What happened? Are you still sick? Are you hurt? Did Jin hyung do something to you? Did he kick you again?” Kookie was quickly cleaning the tear away and I glared at my brother “What did you do to him?” And the bastard dared to smile and shrug his shoulders.

“No, no, I’m ok.” He shook his head “I was just a little shocked with something.”

“With what?” I stared back at him and coddled his face with both my hands “What happened?”

“Jin hyung told me… he told me that you are dating Hoseok hyung.”

“Why are you telling everybody that I dating someone?” I growled at my hyung.

“So you are really dating him?!” Kookie asked almost in panic, what the hell did hyung do to him?

“Kookie…”

“He is dating him, can’t you see his guilty expression? It’s probably from hiding the news from you.” Hyung smiled while leaning his body against the counter and crossing his legs and arms.

KILL, KILL, KILL, KILL, KILL, KILL, KILL, KILL, KILL, KILL, KILL, KILL… my brain was begging me to kill him.

“NO!”

“You are dating him…” Kookie whispered with the saddest eyes on earth.

“No, I’m not!”

“You are not dating him but he is in love with you and you are hanging out with him a lot, which means that you are feeding his hopes, loving the attention, wanting to have him next to you, and that can only mean that you are interested and if you are interested you will end up dating him.” Please Jin hyung, shut the up before I take my anger into actions.

“What kind of logic is that?” I barked.

“It makes perfect sense, right Jungkook?”

“It does.” He whispered, his eyes glues to the floor.

“It will happen eventually.” Jin hyung smirked “Unless…” He exchanged an odd look with Kookie “Unless someone else confesses his feelings for Taehyung.”

“Jin hyung I think you should make yourself busy with something…”

“We should date Tae hyung?” Kookie interrupted me.

...

My heart stopped.

“W-what?”

“Because I think I like you.” He shyly smiled at me.

“What?”

“My work here is done!” I heard Jin hyung say before walking away from the kitchen and leaving me alone with a blushing Kookie sitting in front of me.

 

 

 

 


So, I’m sure that some of you are curious about Jungkook sudden confession… are you? Are you? Maybe, but you will have to wait until next chapter to find out, but I can say that it all started when a certain Jin hyung lost his temper and got annoyed, again. Ahaahahah, deep down he is not so bad, he is a caring hyung.

ANYWAY...

 

HAPPY 2017 EVERYBODYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY… LOVE, HAPYNESS, HEALTH FOR YOU ALL, and hope that this New Year brings of good memories and great moments in our lives!