DH: Coyotes

The City of Gods (sequel to The Treasure Island)

 

 

6.DH Coyotes

 

Eunhyuk woke us up really early, it was still night to be honest. But because he looked very energetic and excited, it made me come to my senses quickly. Kyuhyun was much less awake than me and was swearing quietly on Eunhyuk´s account, I was sure the sensitive morpheles knew but I didn´t know if he would react. Since the night at Shindong´s place he became more timid, it was killing me. I´ve never intended to treat him like a dog, never. It was a misunderstanding, all I wanted was to take a load from his shoulders, forcing him to submit wasn´t my intention. Last night I did my best to convey that to him, even though I ended up making a kid out of myself instead.

“Now the harness,” Eunhyuk sighed aloud and I saw him tightening the straps around his stomach. I haven´t seen the deer form for so long, I would have never believe it I would miss it. But-

“This isn´t a deer, what´s that?” I widened my eyes, seeing something I´ve never seen.

“Oh. My. God.” Kyuhyun only exclaimed before slouching on the ground in spasms, he was laughing that hard. “Llama?! Like really? Was Rudolph not enough for you?” Kyuhyun had tears in his eyes.

Eunhyuk didn´t say anything, the white fluffy animal to my shock only slowly walked to the man lying on the ground. I was still in awe of this new form, perhaps more suitable for south than the deer. I was trying to take in the view as I watched Hyuk´s head lower. Kyuhyun curiously looked up but then the painful revenge came. Eunhyuk effortlessly spat into his face before walking away, cutely tapping with those slim ankles. Amazing.

“So cute,” I breathed out and then covered my mouth when Eunhyuk glared at me with his doe eyes.

“Come on, let´s go,” he told us and began walking. Kyuhyun was wiping his face irritated but I was smiling widely. He was back, the great wolf was back. Only much cuter. The cutest form so far, actually.

When we stepped into the desert, it was still very cold, the sun was soon to rise. I knew that it was the best to travel fast during the coolest times of the day, therefore I followed after Eunhyuk. That llama form of his was really charming and surprisingly dangerous too with the spitting and all. I was loving it; the journey was finally fun again. I was overjoyed and had the urge to inform everyone about that.

“I can´t understand how you have so much energy to talk this early in the morning,” Kyuhyun yawned when I had to take a breath from constant talking.

“Let him be, it´s better than listening to your whining,” Eunhyuk snorted and let out air through his wide nostrils. Cute.

“Where was I?” I rubbed my neck. “Ah, right. Talking about Siwon. I learned to ride really well, I wouldn´t fall off easily now!”

“That´s good,” Eunhyuk nodded his head, “I will take you up when you start feeling tired.”

“No way, I can walk by myself,” I told him confidently. The truth was, I was pretty exhausted yesterday. My short legs can´t counter those long ones of the constantly hiking hunter or Eunhyuk´s beastly thighs. But I couldn´t say that.

And soon this was going to become obvious. When the sun rose, even the temperature raised rapidly. Before I knew it, we were under the scorching sun. Eunhyuk insisted that we had to keep our skin covered no matter what but that we should wear as less covers as possible. I wasn´t the only one fighting with the temperature, Kyuhyun seemed very unused to the weather as well. It was before noon that Eunhyuk ordered a break.

“I will tell you how to set up the tent,” he announced, crouching on the dusty desert. I guessed he didn´t want to change out of the more comfortable form and into his black leather coat. He had it thought through.

With the help of Kyuhyun we set up something like a half tent, the white canvas made quite a big shade for us. It wasn´t cool, but it was bearable with the wind blowing through. We ate and drank from the supplies. Eunhyuk was watching us carefully, asking questions about our health. When he was sure we were alright, he put his head down to take a nap. I still couldn´t get over the cuteness.

Eunhyuk woke up when the time flew past the noon and the sun began slowly descending. We continued walking in a slow pace that wasn´t as exhausting. It was still incredibly hot but the worst was over. Or so I thought. There were dangers I wasn´t aware of but thankfully we had Eunhyuk.

When the moon appeared on the sky, we built a firm tent. Eunhyuk warned us that he carried only three briquets for exactly three nights and that the fire was going to be made only to warm the food or boil the water. I didn´t think any of that at first, we didn´t really need the fire on the desert, did we? Apparently, we did. With the night, the temperature began dropping. At some point it possibly even went below zero, I was confused. I remembered hearing about this strange occurrence but I didn´t believe it, not even writing it down into my book. The desert was freezing at night.

But that wasn´t really a problem, Eunhyuk was aware and I put on some of his clothes and even covered myself with the canvas. Kyuhyun initially brought enough clothing and Eunhyuk slept in his silver wolf form that could take even the wildest northern weather. I closed my eyes when the briquet finally died down.

“Auuuu!”

“What was that?”

“Hyuk?”

“Coyotes,” Eunhyuk answered calmly, “they are closing to us. Small group, a family pack I think.”

“What should we do?” I asked worried. I didn´t really know what coyotes were but the howling was blood freezing.

“Nothing, they are just dogs, once they sniff me, they should disappear,” Eunhyuk yawned. The howling stopped but even I heard that they were still around.

“Attacking?” Eunhyuk suddenly rose from his spot and jumped up on his legs. He howled from the back of his throat but instead of running away the coyotes rushed forward.

“Hyukkie!” I cried when I didn´t know what would happen next. Bam! A shot deafened me and I covered my ears.

Kyuhyun was kneeling next to me and shooting. At first I was horrified that he would hit Eunhyuk but to my surprise the wolf appeared behind me, getting into the tent from behind. Five minutes later it was over. Kyuhyun´s gun was still hot, the night cold. The silver wolf crawled under the canvas in order to calm my shaking self. Strong, be strong Donghae. But this was different, I wasn´t afraid of coyotes, I was afraid to lose him. Losing him to hungry dogs or a gunshot was scaring me more than anything else. I closed my eyes tight and couldn´t believe my senses when instead of fur, I fisted a leather coat.

“It´s me,” Eunhyuk´s deep voice whispered. “Sleep, Hae.” He gently put his forehead against mine.

“Is the llama in the tent too?” Kyuhyun then asked and I had to hold the coat really tight or else Kyuhyun might have not survived the night.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Hello! The first new form uncovered! Eunhyuk has the best pick for animal forms, doesn´t he? Thank you for reading and commenting! Take care and check out my new one shot collection too, please. - PandaHero