CHAPTER 2: Munchkin Mistake

30 Days of Us [NOT GOING TO CONTINUE. SORRY]

 

A year has pass since I become Jiyeon’s pet. Life with her is exciting and there are always fun stuff that we would do together. Not to mention silly things like celebrating my birthday. Celebrating her birthday is fine with me but who on their right mind would celebrate the day they adopted their pet. Maybe I should add super silly to her pet name. That would make her super silly wicked witch of the west.

Jiyeon has a small rose garden at the back of her house. In the middle of the garden there is a huge tree with a swing attach to it. Almost every day we would play in the garden; Jiyeon sitting on the swing while I am chasing the butterflies all around the garden. Jiyeon always laugh while watching me. What’s so funny about me chasing butterflies? Maybe she was just being silly as always.

There was one time when I failed to catch a purple coloured butterfly. She laughed out loud at me so I decided to ignore her and I just sat at the nearest rose plant. Seeing me putting on that ignorance act towards her she sighed and got up from the swing. With her right hand she scratched my neck. She knows me well because I could not stand if she did that. I rolled on my back and just enjoyed feeling her hands scratching me. She smiled; a smile that she never fail to give.

“You know what out of all these roses my favourite are the yellow one” she suddenly says with her eyes looking at the far distance. “Because… it symbolises joy. Something that I hope both of us can achieve together”.

~’~’~

“I’m so bored…Might as well go out and enjoy the fresh air”

With that I gracefully move my four paws towards the garden. As soon as I step out of the house my eyes immediately catch the most captivating butterfly that I have ever seen in my entire life. A black colour butterfly with a few white spots on it. The black butterfly fly close to me and land directly on my nose. Its wing flap in a slow motion making me feel intrigued by it.

 “Hah!” I snap at it but it manage to fly away. “Yah! You good for nothing butterfly. Get back here!”  

I chase it until the end of the garden. “You can run but you can’t hide..Haha!”

In a swift movement I dive towards the black insect but to no avail. It flutters up above the sky until it reaches the garden’s wall. Without wasting any time I climb the huge tree; higher and higher I go till the sky feels like it is only an inch above me. I am on the highest branch and the butterfly is next to me sitting calmly on top of the garden’s wall as if there is nothing to be worried about. Little does it know a predator is about to burst its blissful bubble of dreams into a nightmare.   

“I’ve got you now you little..” before I could finish the sentence I already leap from the branch heading towards the black butterfly. The feeling of excitement is overwhelming me that I do not take in the situation that is about to befallen me. The leap that I made is actually reeling me into a bigger trouble; falling outside the garden’s wall.

“Ahh!!” I shriek. Luckily my cat instinct takes over my body and I land with a soft thud on my four paws. “That was lucky.” I sigh in gratefulness.

A screeching sound erupts my train of thoughts that is trying to figure out where my prey had fled to. Involuntarily, my head turns right where the sound comes from and all of a sudden there is a loud bang. My body fly up high and drop in a high-speed. Everything is a blur after that. All I remember ws the sound of Jiyeon crying her heart out saying that I will be okay.