CHAPTER 1 : The Wicked Witch of the West VS Me The Munchkin

30 Days of Us [NOT GOING TO CONTINUE. SORRY]

 

 

“Come here boy! Come here!”
I look up to see a 16 year old girl wearing a pink blouse and a short calling me with a big smile on her face. You see I'm not so good with people and whenever I see people smiling I always thought that they have a bad intention behind the sweet smile of theirs.

 “Okay… that looks creepy” I start to back away. Who knows what on earth she will do if she catch me with that two hands of hers. She might chop me into pieces and boil me to be eaten for dinner. Just thinking about it makes me shudders. My heart beats faster and faster as I notice she begins to approach me bit by bit.

“Oh no! This is not good” 

Suddenly she lunge forward. Seeing this I run away as fast as I could. But damn my short legs! I can’t even run a few feet away from her. This is what I hate about myself. Having short legs is my weakness. I’ve asked my mum once “Why aren’t my legs as long as my friends’ legs?” She just laughed at my question and answered “Cause we’re the Munchkins. And that’s what makes us special”.

Yeah right! And because of these short legs this wicked witch of the west caught me.

“HELP!!!” I scream and tries to wriggle away from her tight grip. “Oh God help me!! I promise I will be good. I swear I will not steal my sister’s food anymore!!”

While I was trying my best to escape from her I felt her soft hand started to my back softly. “Hmm..That feels soo good. Wait!!What the hell am I thinking!! Seriously I cannot stop myself from that feeling. I’m a cat for God’s sake. It’s natural for me to feel that way”. She slowly steps into her house still my back. The way she my back makes me feel calm. By the time we enter her house I already fell asleep. She gently put me into a small basket that is fill with a soft cottony cloth. Before I fell into a deep slumber she whispers “You’re soo cute!!”.

~’~’~

I wake up after smelling something good. The smell is so intoxicating, I don't even notice my feet involuntarily move towards the source of smell. I walk like a drunk man who just had a dinner party with his friends. However, I abruptly stop when I see it is actually the wicked witch of the west pouring a can of food into a small bowl. Then I realised I was still in the wicked witch’s house specifically her kitchen.

“Ahh!!!” I immediately bolt out of the kitchen and run towards any direction that my feet can take me. I hide under the couch, trembling with fear.

“ Here kitty! Where are you kitty?” The witch call. I can see her feet from under the couch. Slowly it bent downwards and her head poke under the couch.

“There you are!” she says with a cheerful voice.

People says that Munchkins are generally sociable and outgoing. Yeah I am like that but don’t forget we Munchkins are also clever. I will never fall into this witch’s trap. She reach her hand out for me but my instincts cause me to scratch her hand. She immediately pull back. I thought she was going to hit me like what humans usually do to us when we hurt them but she’s different..Instead of hitting me she just smile and walk away. She comes back with a bowl of food and  put it down near me. After that, she sits at the nearest couch, open a book and starts reading it. Hours pass by she still doesn’t budge from the couch. My patience is getting thinner as I cannot withstand the temptation of the food in front of me. Carefully I pace forward little by little to the bowl of food. I it a bit and continue eating hungrily like a pig. Out of the blue a hand pats my brown furry head. It's the witch but then again I don’t mind. Maybe she’s not a bad person after all.

~’~’~

Day by day the witch and I got closer. I learned that the witch’s name is Jiyeon. I even got a name while staying with her, J.J short for her favourite singer Lee Jae Jin from Sechs Kies. Don’t even know who he is and don’t care. Her favourite colour is sky blue; the reason her room was painted in blue. She likes to whine a lot and stick her tongue out especially when I ignore her. She’s been living alone for quite some time now apart from me being her company. The reason for that is because her mom died not long after she adopted me as her pet. How do I know about this..Well..

Flashback

I heard a faint sound of cries coming out of the witch’s room. She always cries especially at night but she never told me the reason why. All she did was cry and hug me tightly until I felt like my whole bones were about to get crushed. That night being a kind cat that I am I entered the room and meowed to reveal my present. Instantaneously she pulled me into a bone crushing hug.

“Should have seen this one coming” I muttered in discomfort. Anyway she did feed me. This is the only way for me to thank her. Her tears lasted quite long than usual and she sounded utterly sad.

“J.J!! Now I don’t have anyone in this world except for you!! My mother just died and..” She started sobbing again.

Her words gave me absolute shock. Who knew a sweet 16 year old girl in front of me had to go through a lot at a young age. Tears kept on streaming down her cheeks and at last fatigue caught over her and she fell asleep. I ended up sleeping next to her because she did not let go of me the whole night.

-End of flashback-