CHAPTER 3: I'm Dead!?!?

30 Days of Us [NOT GOING TO CONTINUE. SORRY]

 

“Dude! Wake up! Yo! Are you deaf! Wake up!”

“Hmm” I murmured to myself.

 Then there’s a shooting pain in my stomach. That kick sure did a thing cause I sprung right on my feet after the blow.

“Yo! What you did that for?” I shouted in anger. That’s when I noticed the hustle and bustle around me.

“Where am I?” I muttered more towards myself.

“Welcome to Munchkin Cross Train Station. Here you will get a ticket to your final destination of life. I am Kwon Jiyong your Watcher for today” The man who kicked me said in a cheerful voice.

Am I already dead? This cannot be! This must be a dream. Maybe..maybe if I pinch myself I’ll wake up. Pang! An unexpected slap broke my strings of thought and it sure did hurt.

“You must be thinking that this is all a dream right? I don’t wanna waste any more time so I figured might as well slap you and bring you back to reality.” Jiyong said calmly as if it’s a normal thing to do.

He continued by blabbering about the whole situation I was in. I didn’t protest and just listened to whatever his explanations about this place. I came to know that this place is a bridge for us Munchkins to cross to the other side. Each of the dead Munchkins or as they called here The Munchies (plural) will be escorted by a guide which is The Watcher. Every Watcher will have one Munchy (singular) to take care of. Therefore, right now I am stuck with Kwon Jiyong as my Watcher. He will have to ensure that I boarded the train right on time. There’s also one tiny bit information about this place. Every 10 minutes that are spent here equals to a month on earth. That’s kind of cool though. Right now, 30 minutes had passed after a long explanation from Jiyong so that means 3 months on earth are over.

“Here! Your ticket to Munchkin Paradise! The train’s gonna come in about 15 minutes time.” Jiyong said as he handed me my ticket.

I waited patiently for the train to come when my sharp eyes spotted a bunch of Munchies walked through a wall with a sign Platform 9 ¾. The odd occurrence roused my curiosity so I asked Jiyong what is actually Platform 9 3/4?

“Oh! That platform is a gate to return back to earth. It’s for the Munchies whose time is not up yet.” Hearing his answer made my eyes gleamed mischievously. Instantaneously I darted to Platform 9 ¾ and there I was standing on Seoul’s street. I was about to dash for freedom when a pair of strong arms caught me.

“Yo! What do you think you’re doing? You want me to lose my job!” Jiyong spurted in anger.

“Come on man! Let me stay here for a while. I haven’t enjoyed my life to the fullest yet!” I struggled to break free from his strong grip. “Plus! There’s still 10 minutes left so that means I still have a month to enjoy myself on earth!”

“Yeah right! If anything happens I’m the one who’s going to be blamed! Not you! Do you know how hard I worked my butts off just to get this position?” He barked. “.. and this job is my only ticket to get close to Sandara.”

I didn’t really get the last part that he said but I kept on begging him with my cute kitten’s eyes and finally he gave in to me.

“Don’t be too happy. I will still be here to watch over you and I will only be visible to your eyes got it!” Jiyong paused for a while before he continued. “Now that you’ve got my permission to wander on earth might as well change you to become a human.”

With a snap from his hand I transformed into a lean 177 cm high 17 year old boy with long dark brown hair almost reaching my shoulder. I was wearing a white shirt and a blue hooded jacket. To make my appearance complete I wore a faded blue jeans with a chain attached to it. I felt a bit weird now that I am standing on two feet. My surrounding that used to be gigantic now looked small but who cares as long as I got to inhale the earth’s air again. I whistled a happy tune and walked once more on Seoul’s street along with Jiyong. The night’s air in Seoul really gave out the smell of relaxation. We stopped once in a while eating free food sample.

 Time flies and midnight came. My legs were stiffed after the long walk so we decided that today’s adventure was more than enough and we need to take a break. Due to the fact that we don’t have a place to stay our options were either the small alleys or the park’s bench (Jiyong could have gave me a house using his magic but he didn’t want to because he planned to make me sick and tired of all these nonsense ideas of mine. He thought maybe when I’m sick of all these stuff I will plead to him to return back to Munchkins Cross Train Station.) The park was too far so we just had to settle down in a small alley. I took a cardboard box and laid down on it.

Just as I was about to fall into the land of dreams the sound of broken glass startled me making my eyes turned wide open. I looked at my left and it was..Jiyeon!!!