CHAPTER 6: In Pain

30 Days of Us [NOT GOING TO CONTINUE. SORRY]

 

She ignored my cries of pain and kept on whacking me with her umbrella until unconsciously my feet was already out at the front door. “GO AWAY BEFORE I CALL THE POLICE!” With that she slammed the door shut.

“She’s being ridiculous. Didn’t she know that I was the one who brought her home last night? Wait a minute! Of course she didn’t know! She was DRUNK for God’s sake. Man! No wonder she turned crazy.” I tried to open the door but it was locked.

Then I remembered there’s another door at the back of her house. “Maybe I should try the back door.”

“Uh-huh! It’s unlocked.” I laughed in delight. I tiptoed into the house, afraid of making any sound or else she might hit me again.

A sudden shout startled me and I jumped in fright. I looked into her room and it was Jiyeon alright. She was quarrelling with someone on the phone.

“Yah! You unlucky bastard! Why the heck did you let a stranger sent me back home last night? What if I got huh? Can’t you even think about me for even a second?” Then there was silent for a few minutes.

“Junhyung..Don’t do this to me..No! I refused to..Please!!” A muffled cry was heard and Jiyeon practically slumped onto the floor. Her stifled cry turned into a loud sob and she was rocking back and forth just like the time when she cried after her mom died.

Her breakdown stung my heart a little and with that I slowly approached her. I tap her shoulder and asked “Are you okay?”

My question only made her cry even louder. I wrapped my arms around her and caressed her back in my effort in soothing her. We were in that position for almost an hour until she fell into a deep slumber. I carried her bridal style and put her gently on her soft bed. I gazed at her sleeping face. Her nose was red and her eyes were all puffy after her breakdown. “Poor Jiyeon..” I muttered to myself.

   

Thank you for reading. Subscribe and comment..^^