Take Care of the Babies

Take Care of the Baby

I wasn't planning on writing another chapter, but it was stronger than me. Anyway, enjoy! 



"I can't believe Joonmyeon has his kids for us to take care of," Chanyeol complained while holding Kyungsoo's little hand. Baekhyun himself was struggling with a little baby Sehun not wanting to be carried, but had to since he couldn't walk yet.

 

"Why are you complaining? You know you love being with them," Baekhyun sat on the sand after Chanyeol settled a beach umbrella for them.

 

"Well, yeah, but my plan was to spend the day only with you," Chanyeol murmured while a five years old Kyungsoo was looking at the beach in front of him.

 

It was a beautiful day. The sun was bright and it wasn't crowed, only random kids running and playing together. Kyungsoo looked at them and then sat beside Chanyeol, preferring to be with them than having to socialize.

 

Baekhyun was holding a baby Sehun on his small feet and he was extremely happy for being able to stand, his chubby arms waving in excitement each time he made a step with Baekhyun's help.

 

"So, what you wanna do?" Baekhyun asked Kyungsoo and he opened his mouth to tell him his idea, but got interrupted by a distracted Chanyeol before he could say something.

 

"I think we could play and run and then eat, I particularly want some ice cream and–" Baekhyun cleaned his throat and Chanyeol looked at him.

 

"Actually I was talking to the mature one. So, Kyungsoo, what's your plan?" the taller seemed offended but didn't say anything, just pouted like Sehun usually did when someone took a toy from his hand.

 

"I want to learn how to swim," Kyungsoo said and the taller's face brightened up.

 

"Lucky you, you're next to the best swimmer in this country," Kyungsoo stared at him and looked around, searching for that amazing swimmer Chanyeol mentioned. The taller grabbed his head and turned to look at him. "I'm talking about me."

 

"No, thanks. I fear for my life," Baekhyun wondered how he was only five and was already smarter than Chanyeol.

 

"I do too but you still see me walking around with you," Chanyeol replied and Baekhyun rolled his eyes, realizing he'll have to take care of three kids, his boyfriend included.

 

Kyungsoo only ignored him and took his sand pail, walking a few meters away from them and sitting on the sand to play alone. Sehun who didn't want to be far from his older brother started to cry, trying to reach the other with his short arms.

 

Baekhyun got worried, still not knowing what to do when he cried since Sehun was new to him. He knew how to deal with Kyungsoo when he was a baby and the chocolate ice cream still worked, but they didn't know yet what could make Sehun calm down.

 

"Don't worry, I got this," Chanyeol said confident and took the baby from Baekhyun's arms. "I got an A- in that assignment where we had to take care of an electronic baby."

 

He started to look into the baby's thin clothes trying to find something.

 

"But where the hell are the batteries," Baekhyun laughed out loud at his struggling boyfriend.

 

The moment he looked at Kyungsoo to check on him, he heard Chanyeol screaming beside him. He turned his head to them and saw Sehun on top of the giant's head pulling his hair, both of them screaming. Some people walked by, looking in judgement and Kyungsoo acted like he didn't know them.

 

Baekhyun saved Chanyeol from Sehun and gave the baby a toy, making him stay calm for a while. Baekhyun was still giggling while the taller fixed his hair not very amused.

 

"Remember that time when Kyungsoo did the same to you and you screamed thinking you were going to die?" Baekhyun asked in a nostalgic mood.

 

"Which time?" Baekhyun laughed again and Sehun glared at them but didn't pay attention.

 

"The first time. It seems like only yesterday," Chanyeol watched the shorter in his nostalgic moment.

 

"Probably because he really did try to kill me yesterday. Maybe you had a Deja Vu," Baekhyun rolled his eyes and Chanyeol giggled, making Baekhyun smile too. He couldn't help the feeling of warmth in his chest every time Chanyeol smiled at him like that.

 

He was admiring his handsome boyfriend when Kyungsoo came back, considering it safe to be around them since they weren't making a scene anymore.

 

"I'll accept your offer, let's swim," he said to the taller and Baekhyun didn't even had time to process what Kyungsoo said when Chanyeol was already up, putting water wings on the kid.

 

Baekhyun watched as Chanyeol guided Kyungsoo by his hand and excitedly talked about how he won the first place in a swimming competition when he was in elementary school.

 

He watched amused how Kyungsoo touched the water with his small foot and Chanyeol encouraged him to get in. That was the moment he smelled something weird and looked at Sehun, who was looking away pretending he wasn't guilty.

 

"I can't believe it," Sehun only glared at him and giggled.

 

 

***

 

 

When he finished changing the baby's diaper he returned to their place on the sand, watching as Chanyeol walked towards them with an upseted face. He sat beside Baekhyun like an annoyed child and Kyungsoo, who was walking right after him, sat in front of Chanyeol slightly amused.

 

"I'm sorry, it wasn't my intention," he was trying to look serious but was clearly holding back a laugh.

 

"I can't believe you tried to drown me! I might have guessed," Chanyeol looked away and crossed his arms.

 

"I didn't, it was an accident! A funny accident, but still!" Chanyeol turned his whole body to look the other way like a spoiled child. Baekhyun didn't even bother asking what happened because it was obvious, but he knew what would cheer them up.

 

"Here, take care of him for a moment," Baekhyun handed Sehun to his tall boyfriend, who held him and the baby automatically got comfortable in his arms. "I just changed his diaper but if he poops again, you'll have to do it."

 

Chanyeol stared at him in shock.

 

"I just had a near-death experience and you want me to have another one?!" Baekhyun rolled his eyes and said he'd be back soon, leaving the babies and Kyungsoo alone.

 

 

***

 

 

Baekhyun made sure to buy chocolate ice cream for everybody and went back as fast as he could before it melted. When he got close to them, he heard Chanyeol trying to make Sehun say "Bacon".

 

"I can't believe you're teaching him that nickname. I'll eat your ice cream, you don't deserve it," Chanyeol made a puppy face and Baekhyun sighed. 

 

 

***

 

 

When they finished eating Kyungsoo and Chanyeol were already getting along well again. They were trying to teach Sehun Chanyeol's name and Baekhyun was just watching.

 

"Chanyeol."

"Sha... nol," the poor baby tried to spell and Kyungsoo giggled every time he did.

 

"Cha – nye – ol," the taller tried again, holding Sehun in his arms and facing him.

 

"Sha... ma... mama?" that moment Kyungsoo fell flat on his back and couldn't stop laughing anymore. Baekhyun himself was laughing out loud at Chanyeol's face.

 

"Mama!" Sehun repeated.

 

"No! Chanyeol! Where did you get 'mama' from?" the taller seemed frustrated and Kyungsoo tried to help.

 

"Sehunnie, he's not the mama," Chanyeol nodded and Baekhyun giggled. "He is the mama," he pointed at Baekhyun who suddenly stopped laughing and his face got serious. Now was Chanyeol's turn to laugh at him.

 

"Why am I the mama?!" Baekhyun was dissatisfied.

 

"Because you're the one who gets emotional too easily," the little Kyungsoo was talking about a few hours ago when Baekhyun got emotional and hugged the kid, remembering how he used to be a cute and aggressive baby.

 

"What are you even talking about?!" baby Sehun watched them in curiosity as Baekhyun pointed at Chanyeol. "You should see him watching Disney movies, he cries every single time!"

 

Chanyeol felt betrayed.

 

"Thank you very much for exposing me to our children," he said as Sehun tried to grab his hair again.

 

 

***

 

 

When they were driving back home in the end of the day, the two kids were sleeping in the back sit and Chanyeol was holding Baekhyun's smaller hand with his free one.

 

"I'm telling you, we should live in a beach house with our kids," Baekhyun smiled at Chanyeol's words like he did every time they talked about their future family.

 

"And a dog?" Baekhyun asked.

 

"And a dog," Chanyeol smiled at him before looking back at the road in front of them.


 
"I bet you'll panic with our first kid," the shorter provoked.

 

"I won't! I told you, I got an A- on that–"

 

"You tried to find batteries in Sehun!"

"Are you going to bring that up every time?! It was only once, gosh!" Chanyeol snitched and Baekhyun laughed, the taller laughing with him.

 

They stayed in a comfortable silence hearing the soft snores of the kids behind them. Baekhyun caressed Chanyeol's hand with his thumb and the taller raised it close to his lips to kiss the delicate hand in his.

 

The moment was perfect until they smelled something weird coming from Sehun. Then Chanyeol panicked.