2 ;

Fighting with the Coran

The people surrounding him looked at his panicked self suspiciously.  Jackson was now slapping himself to check if this was his dream but the slight sting on his cheek and the people that were still around was enough to prove that he was infact in  primitive era. 

" Yahoo!!!! " Jackson cheered scaring the crowd . He no longer had to go to the college and listen  to his father's bickering. He didn't even have to worry about failing exams or detention.

Jackson fished out his phone from front pocket of his jeans which was surprisingly still there. 

" Do you have a wifi connection here ?" he asked confusing the already confused mass.

Unlocking his phone he found out there was no network . The common sense finally kicked him. He was in primitive era means no network , no wifi. 

" How would I survive without wifi ?" Jackson had a mental breakdown. He was wallowing in his misery inside when the mobile was suddenly snatched away and something cold touched his throat.

Jackson looked up ready to fight the one who dared to touch his baby but stopped when he saw a beautiful pair of eyes staring at him hard. He was so hypnotised by the eyes that he didn't notice the sword place across his neck, he moved forward cutting his skin little in the process.

" Ow, ow ow it hurts " his hands instinctively touched the broken skin. Hissing in pain he drew back his hand, crimson blood on the tip of his fingers. Jackson glared at the pretty eyed boy whose face was hiding behind the piece of black cloth and who was still pointing his sword at Jackson.

" Who are you " the boy asked voice deep and cold , sending shivers down Jackson's spine.

" The wild and y Jackson Wang " 

The boy looked at him puzzled for a second before lowering his sword. He focused on the box like device instead. 

" What is this ?" he asked.

" It's called mobile phone. You can make calls, play games, surf the internet and do many more things in it " Jackson explained.

" Mark throw that device away. It may be some sort of weapon against us ."  a very tall boy with a baby face came into view snatching the device away from Mark's hand.

Jackson snorted in response earning a glare from both the boys.

" Don't worry Yugyeom. I was just asking him questions about this thing " Mark ruffled the gaint baby's hair.

' So they are lovers huh ? That means I  don't have any chance with pretty eyes' Jackson thought somehow disappointed.

Yugyeom placed the mobile on the rock and went to search for something . After a while he returned with another stone on his hand.

Gesturing the crowd to move back , he slammed the rock into the device , shattering the screen in process. Jackson's mobile looked like body crushed by a bus.

" Noooooo my baby " Jackson cried picking up the pieces of now broken device.

" You uneducated brat what did you do ? " Jackson pointed an accusing finger at Yugyeom.

" What's going on in here ?"  A voice came out of nowhere. Just like earlier the crowd cleared giving way for the newcomer.

Jackson was too busy crying at his broken set to notice anyone. 

" And why are you crying boy ?" 

Jackson lifted his head and gazed at the boy  with glassy eyes.

" J__Jr  they broke my baby " Jackson sniffiled.

" How do you know my name ? " 

" I suspect that he is a spy sent by our enemies sir " Mark stated.

" What proof do you have , Tuan ? " Jinyoung watched Mark.

" Well first of all he knows both yours and captain's name, he appeared suddenly out of nowhere and he had this strange device he kept calling baby which I suspect was a weapon against us "

The crowd nodded supporting Mark's statement. 

Jr. glanced at the wailing boy sure he was strange and the way he was dressed up was not normal.

" Everyone return back to training fields except for you Mark " Jr. ordered.

" Yes sir !" the crowd saluted him and scattered to their respective training field leaving Mark, Jackson and Jinyoung alone.

" What do you think we should do with this boy ?"

" I don't know. Maybe put him in prison and get him tested ." Mark suggested.

Jackson jaw slacked " You can't do that. I didn't commit any crime " he screamed.

" No one asked for your opinion boy " Jr. seethed at Jackson.

He decided to go with Mark's idea and ordered the two soldiers to lock Jackson in jail.

Jackson protested , screamed and cried saying that it was against human rights but the men threw him inside a room with iron bars and locked the door .

Trying to bend the bars Jackson screamed to let him go but noone listened except for one person inside the cage with him. Finally exhausted and tired he sat on the floor puffing out angry breath. Hot tears of anger falling from his eyes. 

Calming himself down he shifted his eyes to the boy who was watching his every actions silently.

" Why did they locked you here ?" Jackson asked.

Blinking at him the boy replied " I tried to steal a piece of bread and they found out."

" You were locked  here just because you tried to steal a piece of bread ? They are inhuman animals " Jackson raised his voice.

" They are not what they seem to be. They fight with Corans to save humanity , while we sleep they are awake training to keep us safe. They have seen their loved ones die in front of them , they have lost their freedom but still they are fighting for ours. If they don't become cruel and cold they won't be able to fight ." the boy protested Jackson's words.

Jackson eyed the boy surprised. 

" What do you mean ? What is Coran ?"

" You don't know ???"

Jackson shook his head .

" Well Corans are the creature with strength of an animal .  Their eyes are as black as night with razor sharp canine teeths , the blood flowing on the right side of their body is as warm as fire and on the left side as cold as ice. They feed on human heart. If their blood or saliva enters your body you will transform into Coran. The transformation doesn't take long , within a week you will be completly changed. They are ruthless creatures, they don't show mercy on anyone be it children or old. Most of them are mute but  some abnormals  let out incoherent sentences. The only way of killing them is make a fatal wound in their heart which is a very difficult task to do as their heart is protected by layers of skin and bones. "

" Have you seen one ?" Jackson asked.

" Yes I have. I still remember that day , a grim remainder of my loved ones and death of humanity. I was just 12 years old when I saw the creature that was feeding on heart of a young boy. It's black eyes locked with mine and I had really thought that would be my last day on this earth. Slowly it approached me and when it was about to attack , someone stood between us and stabbed the creature in chest   It let out painful scream and but the stranger ignored it stabbing it repeatedly until it was dead. Do you know who that man was ? He was father of captain JB. I found out that my family was killed and being an orphan I was taken to Seven with other children like me. I met Mark there with his two brothers Yugyeom and Bambam and befriended him. He was a really silent kid . We separated ways and several years later I found that he and  his brothers have become  soldiers here."

" Wait Mark and Yugyeom are brothers ?? Aren't they boyfriends or lovers ?" 

The boy let out a hearty laugh. 

" No , they aren't boyfriends.  Yugyeom is overprotective towards Mark though Mark is older than him. Do you fell in love with Yugyeom or what ?"

" No no no not that brat. " Jackson shook his head furious dismissing the idea.

" Ah it's Mark then " the boy continued on teasing Jackson.

" No I don't love that boy who put me here ,I don't know him , I even haven't seen his face yet "

" Oh. Mark sometimes hides his face while fighting. He is very beautiful boy both externally and internally. He loves and is loved by everyone here. "

" Well except for me" Jackson retorted.

The boy shook his head and smiled slightly .

" By the way what's your name? Mine is Jackson Wang ."

" Choi Youngjae "

" It's nice to meet you Youngjae " 

They shook their hands. Someone cleared their throat and they glanced outside the bars. Standing there was Mark.

Jackson and Mark glared at each other.

" Here's your food " 

Mark placed two bowls outside the bar and opened the door taking their food in and placing it in front of the prisoners.

Jackson glanced at the piece of loaf and thin soup.

" Is this what you call food ?" 

Mark threw lasers with his eyes piercing Jackson's skull ( not literally). " Eat this or starve to death. Be grateful that I sneaked food for you or prisoners like you are starved to death."  

Jackson was going to give snarky remark but Youngjae interjected him.

" Thank you Mark. Why are you still hiding your face ?"

" Oh I was too busy to take it off " Mark faced Youngjae and untied the cloth revealing his face. He smiled at his friend.

Jackson muttered under his breath , he wasn't used to being ignored.

" Yah at least give me a glass of wa____"  his mind went blank as Mark turned towards him. Standing infront of him wasn't a cold cruel boy but an angel with hypnotizing beauty. Slightly tanned flawless skin , brown soft hair , full pink lips , brown eyes that was sending draggers at his direction, Mark was truly very  beautiful. Jackson shook his head this is not the time to appreciate the beauty of his phone's murderer. 

" Give me a glass of water " Jackson coughed painfully.

" P__please"

They didn't have water nearby and Mark can't risk going back and bringing water for Jackson . The soldiers wouldn't allow him to meet his friend if he get caught so he did the only rational thing that came to his mind. 

Sitting beside Jackson , Mark rubbed soothing circles on the coughing boy's back. He continued on doing it until Jackson stopped coughing.

" Eat slowly the food isn't going to dissapear" 

Jackson rolled his eyes , unable to speak as the his throat was still burning.

They ate silently. After the food was finished Mark collected the dishes and gave two of them a satisfied smile. 

' His smile is even more beautiful ' Jackson's heart rate increased. Scolding his heart and brain internally he averted his eyes to the floor.

Mark cautiously locked the door and sneaked once again back to where he came from.

" I bet you two are going to be great friends someday " Youngjae said.

" In your dreams only "

********

Later that day captain JB decided to visit the new prisoner. He asked Jr. to watch after the trainees and went to meet Jackson. Approaching the cell he saw Youngjae and the boy laughing with one another. It was very rare sight to see someone smiling as they were living in fear of the Corans , unknown when one will pop out and kill them. The sound of Jackson's laugh provided little warmth to his cold heart. JB could see the reflection of his own brother in those two prisoners. 

The laughter came to halt as Youngjae saw the captain looking at them. Jackson followed his gaze and his smile dissapeared. He still can fill the intensity of JB's kick on his stomach. Slight sadness flashed through the captain's eyes but it disappeared as soon as it came. The coldness returned back in his dark brown eyes.

" I am giving you two options " he continued " Either rot in jail for lifetime or join the active squad and fight with Corans "

" Give us some time to think ____ sir " Jackson replied selecting his words carefully.

" Okay " 

" So what have you decided ?" 

After two minutes JB asked them.

" ........."

" I can't waste my precious time talking with criminals . Speak fast "

" We will join the active squad sir " Jackson said fire of excitement burning in his eyes and Youngjae nodded in agreement.

" Very well then . Youngjae you'll be trained by captain Jinyoung , Rita and Bambam will help you" Youngjae nodded in agreement.

" And you " JB turned his attention to Jackson " I will train you , Mark and Alex will help you if you need any information. I will send them here for introduction."

" Yes sir " 

JB left them alone going back to his work . He ordered one of the trainees to send Mark and Alex to the new prisoner.

*********

Jackson saw Mark and a boy enter inside. He couldn't see the face of the boy clearly as he was hiding behind Mark.

" Mark Tuan " Mark introduced himself. 

" Jackson Wang " Rolling his eyes Jackson introduced himself too.

The boy hiding behind Mark came into view and Jackson's eyes widen in surprise.

" F__frog eye ??" 

________________________************_____________________________

I saw Markson getting married in my dreams !!!! and I was there witnessing it. Oh my god the feels 😭 😍 😍 

How was this chapter ?? Feel  free to leave your precious comments and keep loving Markson!!!!