8 ;

Fighting with the Coran

This can't be true , his mind was probably playing tricks with him. It's not possible for a dead to come back to life right ? Then how come his dad whom he believed to be dead was right before his eyes ? But certainly he couldn't deny what he was seeing on the other side of fence.

All these years he has had been fed with lies and brainwashed to believe what they wanted him to believe and he did , he trusted them with his life only to discover later that he had been betrayed and betrayal is what hurts the most specially when it comes from the people who you treasure the most. He felt his world crumbling down and he was the victim witnessing every hope die , every belief crushed and every laughter fleed away. Sharp pain flared somewhere inside him ,  droplets of anger  dripped from his eyes , trailing down his cheeks and down his chin. The person whom he used to see as a hero , whom he believed would chase away his fears had now turned out to be the worst nightmare he feared the most. 

"Bastard ! Why ? ! Why ? ! " Mark didn't care anymore that he was unequipped , he came out of hiding place. His eyes became darker than Corans , teeth bared and nostrils flared as he fisted border of the fence shaking it almost violently but the only thing that greeted him back was silence . The human was gone already along with the humanoid creatures as if nothing was there just a minute ago. His eyes searched for any trace any clue to where they might be gone . Was he really imagining things then ? Just as he was about to leave he saw something that confirmed his fear- footprints. Sure it might be of soldiers but they don't fight barefoot that's for certain. He scanned them with keen eyes. Another thing surprised him- the footprints disappeared after short distance. His brain couldn't register what was going . 

Jackson untied his horse from the stable , he had searched every nook and corner of the building . However his efforts had been useless as there was no sign of the older so, he decided to go and search for Mark outside near the fence. 

The horse galloped on the empty pathway, strong wind hit his face nearly throwing him off but he held on. They passed the jungle , the worn path and finally arrived to their destination. Jackson didn't waste a second before looking for Mark and there he was much to the younger's relief. Jackson made a run to that direction. He stopped in front of the other boy who looked like he had just seen a ghost. 

" Mark " 

He called out softly. 

" Mark " 

He shake the older gently. Mark jumped in surprise , glanced at him then sighted. 

" Are you alright ? " 

" Why are you here ? " 

Mark's voice was cold and distant. It seemed like Jackson was facing a completely different person , not the boy with the most beautiful smile , not the Mark he knew and loved . His heart clenched painfully inside his chest.

" I want to apologize for what happened earlier " 

" It wasn't your fault so not need  " 

" Mark , about that ki___" 

" I don't want to talk about it ! Didn't you say it was a mistake ? That you regret it ? Then why are you saying sorry when you don't mean it ? Do you find pleasure in my pain then congratulations you have succeeded "

Burden of guilt burns Jackson's heart. He hates himself for causing so much pain to his love but what can he do. If the price of protecting Mark is pain then so it be. He just wished that the pain would torture him and him only.

Jackson can see the unshead tears b Mark's brown eyes. He can see the sadness , longing and pain of betrayal dancing in them. 

" Mark I_" 

" Enough ! " 

Mark hid his face behind his hands . Jackson could tell that he was crying. His heart dropped to the stomach when soft sobs escaped from the older's mouth. 

Mark's frame was shaking, tears oozed out of his eyes as if they would never end. Pain stabbed his heart , edges blut with sole intention to inflict him as much pain as possible .  Jackson couldn't see this state of his beloved boy anymore . He squatted down next to Mark and pulled the boy for tight hug. 

Mark struggled to free himself from the warm hands. He hit Jackson's chest mustering up all the energy he had but the younger didn't let go. He continued hitting Jackson's chest with his fist until no more energy was left. His body fell limp on the other's embrace  Mark clutched the fabric of Jackson's shirt and bawled his eyes out. 

Jackson slowly rocked him back and forth , still holding the older in his arms. He drew soothing circles on the crying boys back whispering sweet words on his ear. They stayed like that until Mark calmed down. His usual doe eyes were red and puffy, hair messed up ,tip of nose and cheeks rosy red. Jackson wiped away the stray tears with his thumb very gently. 

" Let's get you back okay ? " 

Mark nodded his head , biting down on his lips. He was mentally exhausted. All he wanted to do was go back to the trainees room and rest. 

The ride back to building was unusually silent with both party refusing to speak. As Jackson stopped the horse outside the gate Mark hurriedly hoped down and made his way to his  room without sparing a single glance at anyone.

Yugyeom was still worried for his brother. He could not find the older male anywhere not even in their special hiding palce where he usually goes when his mood went off. 

He was about to go outside the gate when he saw Jackson standing alone with his horse. The male looked lost. Yugyeom jogged to his direction and lightly patted his cheek. 

" What happened ? Did you find him ? " 

" Yes " 

" Where is he ? " 

Yugyeom yanked him by the collar of his shirt demanding answer from the other. 

" Where is he ? " He repeated.

" In trainees room I think " 

Yugyeom sprinted off to the building. He knocked on the closed door two or three times before it was opened by non other than Mark.

" Oh my god. What happened to you ? Are you hurt ? Is it because of me you are crying isn't it ? Please forgive me Mark . Please. I didn't mean a single word.  I am reckless , I am an idiot. Please forgive me. " 

" Yugyeom " 

Mark tone was gentle as he attempted to smile at his brother. " I know you didn't mean a single word. I have already forgiven you okay. But promise me you won't harm anyone again. " 

" I promise. You promise me something too " 

" Hmm " Mark hummed in acknowledgement that e was still listening " What is it ? " 

" Promise me that you'll let me protect you " 

" Fine. I promise " 

The younger boy engulfed his brother in bone crushing hug. " I am sorry Mark. I really am " 

" It's okay Yugi " 

Mark ruffeled his hair affectionately. He knew his brother well. No matter what his little baby said at the end they still loved each other , they still cared about each other.

" I am an idiot aren't I ? " 

" Yes you are. But you are my idiot " 

Yugyeom smiled really large smile and kissed his brother's both cheeks. " I love you " 

" I love you too . Now go you need to train right ? " 

Yugyeom gave quick hug to him and walked out of the room leaving him alone in silence. Mark needed to share what he had seen earlier with someone. Maybe the leader would understand him. With that thought in mind he stepped out of the room. 

 He was passing the study hall where young trainees were learning about Corans when suddenly someone collided with him from behind. He was quick to balance his feet otherwise he would have face planted the dirty floor. 

" Are you okay boy ? " 

A rough gruffly voice greeted him. He glanced his head and his eyes fell upon a familiar face but he couldn't pinpoint exactly where he had seen that man. Mark blinked his eyes innocently in seemingly lost manner. 

" Hey boy , I asked you if you are okay or not ? " 

" Uh__uh yes sir " 

He timidly saluted the man , in turn earning a heart warming laugh. The man eyed him for a moment and then smiled at him.

 " You don't have to be formal with me " 

Mark nodded his head and excused himself from the conversation. Just as he was about to walk away the man caught his wrist in firm hold and quickly let go as if his hand was on fire.

" Wait. I need to ask you something " 

" Yes sir , what is it ? " 

" What do you know about Corans ? " 

Mark was puzzled. Why was this man asking werid questions out of nowhere ? His brain was screaming for him to run away , this man could be a manic but his heart wanted to stay. And he listened to his heart . Anyway he needed a person talk to.

" What everyone knows. Why are you asking sir ? " 

The man groaned a little at the young boy's formality. His intense eyes boring hole at Mark's soul as he held eye contact with the boy.

" You know something more about the creatures. I can see it in your eyes " 

Wait what the hell ! How was this man able to read his mind. The situation was getting more werid as the time passed. Mark stood silent, he wasn't in the position to lie or speak the truth. 

" I knew it " 

The man clapped his hands suddenly scaring the young boy. Mark scratched his head in confusion.

" Now spill the beans  ,beautiful boy

" Uh , ummm " 

" If you are going to stay silent . I'll have to do it in my own way " 

Mark gulped as the man came very close to his face with ear splitting smile. He could feel the warm breath against his skin. The weirdo pulled back his face and chuckled.

" I'll share my food with you " 

" Huh ? " 

" I said I'll share my food with you if you share your little secret with me " 

Mark blinked again and nodded slowly. Suddenly he was yanked forward by the the man and was dragged down the hall and to the laboratories building. 

The trainees on the way gave werid look to the them. Mark felt his cheeks heat from embarrassment while the man paid no heed to the attention he was receiving. 

" Ta dah ! we are here " 

He took Mark inside one of the lab which was slightly messy with the liquids spilled on the table and floor.

" Oh I forgot to clean that mess " 

The man whose name was still unknown to Mark stared at the floor as if it was the most beautiful thing in the world.

" Do you know what this liquid is ? " 

Mark shook his head no. How was he supposed to know anyway? 

" This is antidote I'm working on against Coran . I actually think that Corans are created by human not by nature. But no one believes me. They think I am mad. And I know you think that too " 

" I believe you" 

" What did you say ? ! " 

" I believe you " 

The mans eyes sparkled like thousands of lightbulb lit at once. He grinned his signature grin and handed a mysterious looking box to Mark.

" Open this ! " 

Mark looked at the man then at box then at the man and slowly lifted the lid. He yelped and dropped the box as something popped out it when he had least expected it.  The man laughed at his expression.

" What was that for ?! " Mark exclaimed , his hand on the top of his chest.

" That was my little surprise for you. Didn't you like it ? " 

" No ! " 

" Oh where is your formality gone now pretty boy ? " 

" Don't call me pretty and is this how adultsare supposed to be ? " 

" Haha haha " The man laughed again " You look like a red tomato. Actually I was thinking of using you as my experiment subject " 

" What !  I am leaving " Mark stood up to leave.

" I was just kidding. I was just kidding " 

" You better be " 

Rolling his eyes Mark sat back in initial position. 

" By the way "  the man began again " I am famous as MMS " 

" What's MMS ? " 

" Mr. Mad Scientist "

Mark groaned. Despite his efforts, a smile smile cracked on his lips. " My name is Mark " 

" Okay Mark. Jokes aside. Now , let's get into the serious topic, shall we ? "

________________***********________________________

Hi everyone. Sorry for very very very late update. And thank you for keeping up with this story ❤❤❤❤ 

MARKSON OR NEVER

MARKSON FOREVER !!!!!!!