5 ;

Fighting with the Coran

Once an image is captured by your mind it can't be erased easily especially if it is a terrifying thing that is saved in your memory. Your peaceful dream will turn into nightmare, the darkness will scare you . You will fear that the monster will pop out of no where and torture you to death. It will destroy your peace, your sanity and that's what happened to Jackson . He couldn't erase those charcoal black eyes and evil , scary smile out of his mind. That day after he had returned back with Mark to headquarters, he was silent . He didn't even picked fight with Alex who was calling him names and had headed to the hall directly. That night was even more frightful , his eyes couldn't just shut down , his heart couldn't stop beating so loud. For the first time he was thankful to sleep in a room full of trainees. 

Mark was aware of the change in Jackson's behavior . How the younger seemed zoned out most of the time , how he flinched when someone approached him and how he stopped talking. He was sure something was bothering Jackson. Right now he was observing Jackson who had been staring at the space for too long time.

" Jackson " Mark poked him gently.

He flinched from the touch , jolting out of his trance.

" Oh it's just you "

" Tell me honestly what's bothering you ?"

" Nothing haha , why are you asking ?" Jackson tried to laugh it off.

" Jackson " Mark was stubborn .

" It's nothing really ." Sighing under his breath Jackson tried to convince Mark.

" Don't you consider me as a friend ? Why are you hiding things ?"

" Mark "

" Please tell me Jackson , is it my fault ? Did I hurt you ?"

" NO, it's not like that."

" Then what is it ?"

" Let's go to peaceful place and I will tell you "

Jackson and Mark walked to the pool and sat on the grass. 

" Now tell me "

" I saw it Mark. That day when we were returning back I saw it ."

" Saw what ?" Mark asked confused.

" C_Coran "

Mark's breath hitched, his blood ran cold and forehead felt sweaty. He didn't wanted Jackson to see the creature , the boy in front of him was fragile , he can't let Jackson fight with those creatures as he was too reckless. But the damage was already done , Jackson's curiosity could  lead him to mouth of death and there was no escape. Mark can't afford to loose his friend.

" J_Jackson are you sure ?"

" Yes Mark.  The creature had black hole like eyes with terrifying smile but what scared me the most was it was looking at me like it recognizes me "

" That's not possible  Coran don't have memory power." 

" Maybe I was just imagining things " Jackson said.

" Yes you are . Forget that you ever saw that thing "

" I am trying to really but I just can't forget it "

" I will help you fade that image out of your head ."

" And how will you do that ?" Jackson tilted his head curiously.

" Like this "

Mark pushed Jackson on the grass softly and climbed on top of Jackson  evil smile forming in his lips.

Eyes widen, mouth slightly parted Jackson shook his head no.

Mark ignored him and started tickling Jackson's side , making the boy underneath him laugh at the feeling . He continued his actions occasionally poking his sides.

" S__Staha ha ha hahaha " 

Suddenly Jackson flipped Mark off and now he was underneath Jackson whose face was red from  laughing too much.

" My turn "

Jackson repeated Mark's earlier action , running his finger over soft milky skin he made the fighter let out fits of laughter. Mark's stomach and mouth hurt, eyes filled with tears . He gasped for air still laughing . Jackson was going to let Mark breath when Mark suddenly caught his uniform . Jackson's arm gave in and he fell forwards , lips nearly touching with Mark's. Both of them froze in a place , none of them dared to close the distance or move back. It remainded Jackson of his dream and he inched a little closer, their lips slightly brushed against each other. Mark closed his eyes blushing and tilting his head to side while Jackson's heart was beating loudly , butterflies flew everywhere inside his stomach and a huge grin plastered permanently on his lips.

" Oh my god , what are you two doing ?? My innocent eyes !!! I didn't saw anything , I didn't saw anything at all "

Hearing Bambam's voice Mark pushed Jackson off of him , not so gently. Jackson groaned in pain and Mark therw him an apologetic look.

" It's not what it looks like Bami. Uh, why must my brothers be so suspicious ?" Mark faceplamed.

' Why must this kid arrive in mean time. ' Jackson thought boiling inside.

" I trust you Mark and I trust him too " Bambam pointed at Jackson.

" You trust me ?" Jackson's eyes sprakled like thousands of lightbulbs flicking on at same time.

" Yes. You don't seem like a bad person. And besides Mark is a trained fighter if you were trying something against his will he would have kicked your already. Don't break my trust though. Promise me to protect my brother and your boyfriend. "

" Yah , he isn't my boyfriend " Mark turned red.

" I promise " Jackson smiled at the boy.

Nodding his Bambam turned to walk away ." And yeah next time you decide to be lovey dovey don't display it in front of everyone."

" BAMBAM" Mark screamed. Jackson and Bambam both laughed at his reaction.

Mark glared at his brother, then Jackson and took angry strides to the training field. Jackson smiled and layed on the grass closing his eyes, the image of Coran erased from his mind instead replaced by Mark's blushing face. 

Getting bored he also dragged his feet inside the building. 

" What's with that smile ?" Youngjae asked putting down the feather with which he was writing.

" It's just that I am so so so happy today " 

" And why is that ? "

" Mar___"

They were interrupted by someone knocking on the already open door. " You two, go to the study hall . Class is starting five minutes later."

Youngjae nodded at the gaurd .

" What does he mean by study hall ?" Jackson asked very very confused.

" Oh the trainess here have to study  about the Corans and ways to kill them "

Jackson groaned inside . He had thought he had escaped this study thing but it seemed like it was glued to Jackson and followed him everywhere he went.

They walked to the supposed to be study hall. Trainees were already there sitting on the floor , a quilt and piece of paper in front of them. Jackson sat down with Youngjae by his side and waited for the teacher to enter inside.

A middle aged man entered the hall with pieces of coal and rag on his hand. All the trainees saluted him. He started his lessons , drawing with the coal on smooth stone . Jackson paid no attention , instead he studied the faces of the trainees. They all looked too young, some were even younger than him. 

" And the lesson today is finished " the teacher announced collecting his materials.

Jackson didn't even notice how fast one hour had already passed.

" Hey you young boy "

Jackson pointed at himself " Me ?"

" Yes you. I want to talk with you privately "

Jackson knew he was screwed. He hadn't paid attention to the teacher . What if he's receiving punishment from the old man.

He glanced at his friend who gestured him to follow the teacher . Swallowing the lump in his throat he followed the man.

They walked silently until they reached a peaceful ground. 

" Sit down " the teacher pointed to the flat stone.

Jackson sat down and the teacher followed.

" Where are you from young boy ?"

" H__hongkong sir "

" Oh I see " the teacher his chin.

He studied Jackson from head to toe and smiled.

" So, you are the choosen one huh ? I must say they have choosen the right person this time ."

" What do you mean sir ?" Jackson asked confused what the old man was babbling about.

" You will know eventually " 

The teacher stood up and leaving Jackson alone he went to do his other duties.

" Captain , the fence is underattack ." 

Suddenly there was chaos on the headquarter.

" Active squad 1 we are going outside the fence and the  wall . Grab your swords and horses. " the captain ordered.

Jackson watched as the men armed with sword with nervousness and uncertainty in their eyes rode their horses ready to head out and fight .

Jr and JB were in the front with Mark by their side. Unlike others the three of them had determination and anger on their features.

" What's happening ?" Jackson asked with one of the trainees.

" They are going to fight with the Corans " 

' So they are going to fight with the creature I  had seen earlier huh ?' Jackson thought. He wanted to go with them but he had no skills to fight.

Mark glanced at Jackson and gave him a little smile. 

" Stay safe " Jackson mouthed to him.

The squad left the ground and headed out of the gate.

********

" All of you stay safe " the captain warned his team.

The fence were opened , letting them enter the area of Corans. As soon as the smell of human reached their nostrils, the hungry Corans came out of hiding place. The fighters clunched their swords tighter ready to strike the creature. JB eyed whole surrounding , there were too many of those creatures.

Suddenly the Corans started attacking, horses jumped in fear throwing riders off their body, running away for their own saftey. The fight broke out. One of those creatures grabbed one of  the fighters disarming him in the process. It's murderous gaze fixed with the human. The fighter's palm was sweaty , heart beating fast , he cried for help but none was near. The Coran plunged it's one hand in the crying fighter's chest and ripped out his heart. Taking the bloody heart in it's hand , the creature threw the dead body away and started feeding on the heart.

JB and Jr. were fighting far away from the fence. Currently JB was stabbing the creature with his sword while Jr. was dodging the attacks. His attention shifted to the fighting captain who was panting hard but still fighting .

" Jr. watch out " 

JB plunged his sword in the Coran's with so much force that the tip of the sword drew out of the creature's back , throwing Jr. out of the way.

' Why did he save me ?  ' Jr. thought.

" Focus on the fight Jinyoung " JB shouted at him.

Shaking his head Jr. stood with new determination and energy to fight.

More and more creatures were coming to their direction. 

" we can't fight all of them ,  inform the team we are retreating back " 

Jinyoung nodded his head and stabbed the Coran that was blocking his way. Glancing at the captain he ran from there to the other fighters. The sight that greeted him made him want to puke. Dead bodies covered in blood lay still , Coran's were feeding on the hearts while few alive fighters were injured. 

The only fighter who was still fighting and uninjured was Mark. His blood was boiling with so much hatred towards the creature, eyes turned into slits , jaw clenched.

" We are retreating back " Jinyoung announced.

The alive fighters dragged themselves together and JB joined later. Grabbing their swords they left the creatures behind.

Jackson was bored out of his mind. Youngjae was busy with writing again and there was no one around to talk with him. So, he decided to wait for others to return back and kept glancing at the gate. Hours passed and still there was no sign of anyone. Jackson stood up ready to head back but stooped when he saw the gate open. 

JB, Jr and Mark came in view head low with sadness. Jackson looked beside them. Some of the fighters were with out limbs, some were without eyes and others covered with scratches all over their body. Less fighters had returned back then the original number. Jackson knew they will never return back , death took them far away. 

The trainees gathered around and looked at the downcasted face of their superior. Fear, confusion and sadness painted on their face. They were searching for their friends who had went to fight with earlier unknown to the fact that they were never going to return back. A boy broke down in front of Jackson. Painful sobs escaping out of his quivering lips.

" Wh__where's my brother ?" he asked panicked as his eyes scanned the fighters.

" Where is he ?"  tears fell from his eyes and dripped down his chin.

Mark climbed down his horse and approached the crying boy.

" I am sorry I couldn't protect him." 

" He is going to come back right ?" the boy asked.

" N_No " Mark engulfed the little boy into hug.

He sobbed hiding his face on Mark's chest and Mark rubbed soothing circles on boy's back.

Jackson kept on watching the scene , heart clenching painfully inside his chest. He could feel the pain of the boy. And he decided he will go out of the fence and fight with the Coran , alone.

___________________***********************________________________

Oh my god, what will happen now ?? 

Don't forget to leave comments . Can you guys please give me some ideas for next chapter ?? I would be more than happy to receive them.

MARKSON POWER !!!!!