7 ;

Fighting with the Coran

Jackson has been avoiding Mark ever since the kiss incident. Whenever Mark was near he would turn his attention to something or someone else pretending to be busy. His actions made Mark beyond confused. Why was Jackson acting like Mark didn't even exist ?  Had he done something wrong ? Mark was determined to find out the answers. 

As usual Jackson was on training field with leader JB. The leader was teaching some techniques of moving swords to him. Jackson's face was blank , eyes cold and solely focused on movements of leader's shiny sword.Occasionally he nodded his head gesturing that he had understood what leader had told. Mark had to wait until both the men were satisfied with their training. He quietly stood there  studying their moves.

Jackson had improved a lot. The fire of determination in his eyes was what Mark admired a lot. Jackson's hand movements were swift , his strike was clean. The positive thing about Jackson was he didn't easily give up and negative thing was, he was too reckless. Doing things first and then thinking later.

After lot of clash and strikes both men were exhausted. Mark could see them bowing at each other before keeping their swords in respective place. JB went to the opposite direction mumbling something to Jackson. After making sure Jackson was all alone Mark made his presence known.

" Jackson " 

Silence 

" Jackson " 

Mark grabbed his shoulders turning the boy to his direction .

" Why are you doing this ? " 

" Doing what ? " 

" Avoiding me. " 

" I am not avoiding you." 

" Don't even try to lie. Was it because of that kiss ? " 

" I don't want to talk about it " 

Jackson tried to walk off only to be stopped by Mark again.

" I need answer Jackson. Why did you kiss me ? " 

" It was on accident okay. I didn't mean to kiss you. It was a mistake , a reckless instinct I am regretting right now " 

That answer was enough to break his heart. His eyes brimmed with tears . He was nothing to Jackson , the hope that other boy will return his feelings crumbled into pieces. Mark ran away broken hearted.

******

Jackson didn't mean to hurt Mark. Truthfully he didn't regret kissing the boy. He loved Mark and he was afraid to loose him. It was too damn risky to stay aroun him and he won't take that risk specially with Mark.

He returned to trainee's room and layed down on bed. Just as he was about to close his eyes , someone poked his arm. He opened his one eye , other half closed .

" What is it Youngjae ? " 

" Did something happen earlier ? " 

" Why ? " 

" Yugyeom was here. He threatened to bury you alive. " 

Jackson propped his body up with his elbows , eyeing his friend tiredly.

" It's nothing important. Anyway did you finish your writing ? " 

" No, I am still working on it " 

Though Youngjae didn't buy the excuse , he decided to zip up his mouth . He didn't want to upset his friend further.

" You'll finish it soon. " 

Jackson patted his friend's shoulder and layed back down on the bed. 

*********

" Mark , what are you hiding from me ? " 

Yugyeom had been nagging him for nth time now .

" Nothing " 

" You know very well you can't lie on my face. Now spill the beans " 

" It's nothing Yugi. You are getting on my nerves now " 

Mark avoided looking at his brother , his hands busy arranging the swords in place.

" Something's definitely bothering you. Did that Jackson boy do something ? " 

The older boy froze upon hearing the name he least wanted to hear at the moment. His grip on the base of sword tightened.

" No " 

That's all Yugyeom needed to see for his suspicion to come true. His brother's body language screamed it all that Jackson was certainly the reason behind his problems.

" Fine be that way. I'll find it on my own " 

Yugyeom left the room , his heels made clicking noise with the floor. After the clicking sounded farther , Mark turned around.

" I'm sorry Yugyeom but it's better if you don't know the truth. " 

 

" WHAT THE ! " 

Jackson screamed as he fell on the hard floor. Someone thought it was funny to kick him out of bed . He glared at Yugyeom who was looking down at him.

" What the hell brat ! " 

Jackson stood up on his two feet. The younger was still looking down at him. Damn the height difference. 

Yugyeom gripped the front of Jackson's uniform and seethed at his face 

" You crossed your limits alien boy " 

" Hey I don't look like alien. I am wild and y______"

Before his sentence was completed , a solid punch landed on side of his jaw. You could only imagine the pain he was bearing now. A punch on jaw ! and in addition to that, with soldier's hand. Jackson was sure his jaw was displaced from it's original place.

" What was that for ! " He hissed out , hand covering the recently abused area. His eyes brimmed with unshed tears.

Yugyeom targeted Jackson's throat next. His unforgiving hands tightened around older's neck, cutting off the supply of oxygen.

Jackson coughed , trying hard to break free from the grasp. His lungs burned with lack of air. He clawed at younger's hand but it did nothing useful.

' This kid is going to kill me and no one is here to witness '  Jackson thought.

" Leave him alone Yugyeom " 

A chilling voice greeted them from behind. Mark took angry strides towards his brother " Leave him"

Yugyeom gave one last squeeze and tossed Jackson aside who coughed violently, gasping for air like fish out of water.

" What do you think you were doing huh ? " 

Mark looked at younger with unbelieving eyes. The thought of Yugyeom doing such thing never crossed his mind.

" I was teaching him lesson " 

" By choking him ? ! Are you in your right mind ? " 

" Why are you taking this stranger's side ? " 

" I amnot taking anyone's side. I am just pointing out what you did was wrong " 

" Who are you to point out my mistakes ? ! " 

" Your brother ! " 

" Ya , adopted brother " 

Slap 

Mark was shaking with anger and Yugyeom realized what he said hurt the older really deep. 

" Mark , I am s_____" 

The older had already left the room. 

Mark ran and ran until the building was out of his sight. His legs hurt , lungs burned for the desperate need of oxygen and heart thumped almost violently against his rib cage. But he didn't stop , he kept running as if that would let him escape form the cruel reality. 

His exhausted body gave up and he fell down on the hard ground , panting. Tears dripped from the corner of his eyes , not from the physical pain but from the words Yugyeom had said earlier that scraped his fragile emotions.

' You are adopted ' 

Mark squeezed his eyes shut and memories of past came flooding back in his mind.

" Momma where are we going ? " 

 " To my friends house baby ? "

" Why ? " 

Mark asks his mother blinking his eyes in confusion. His dad had warned them not to leave their home as it was dangerous outside.

His mom smiles sweetly at the child " Mama has some work to take care of baby. Be a good child and stay with Mrs. Kim okay " 

" Okay " 

Shortly after they stop in front of wooden door and his mom knocks on it. A lady younger than his mom by two or three years welcomes them with big smile.

They exchange their greetings and the lady's eyes falls on the small child hiding behind his mother.

" Oh my god. Such a cute child you have. What's your name baby ? " 

" Mark " 

" Such a sweet name. " She smiles at child.

" Let's get inside " 

The mother and child are led inside by the lady , Mrs. Kim. A toddler comes running towards Mark and hugs his legs tightly .

" Broothher " 

Stray tears escaped his eyes and he frantically wiped them. That memory had been engraved in his mind forever. After his parents died , Mrs. Kim took him in their family,  cared and loved him like her own son. Yugyeom also treated him like his older brother. But hearing those words from the younger now rewounded the healed wound.

The sudden sound nearby distracted him from his thoughts. He lifted his head up and realized he was struck outside the area of Corans.

 

" Mark "  " Mark " 

" He isn't here either " Jackson eyed the whole room , distressed. 

" He is not in the training ground either " 

Yugyeom added voice laced with guilt and regret. " I shouldn't have said those words to brother " 

" Ya. Now you realize it " Jackson rolled his eyes at the younger boy.

" You shut your mouth. All bad things has  happened after you came in our life. You are magnet of misfortune " 

" Think before you speak child " 

" Who are you calling child ?  Look at yourself first dwarf " 

" The hell you ________" 

" Look as much as I want to fight you I have to find my brother first " Yugyeom was about to leave when Jackson stopped him.

" Let me come with you " 

" No . I don't need your help. I can find my brother alone " 

Yugyeom harsly freed his wrist from older's hold and hurried out of the room.

 

Mark hid his body beside the tree and cautiously scanned the other side of the fence. The harsh wind nearly threw him off but he held on the branch as tight as he could. The weather was unpredictable around that area , one moment it would be sunny and next moment the temperature will fall to 0 degree.

The noise become louder and louder and Mark could trace the shape of creature within  his vision. A chill ran down his spine and his skin formed goosebumps as he got the full and clear view of Coran. But something else distracted his eyes from the creature. A human , inside the fence. 

He watched with horror as the creatures approached the human being whose face had been hidden by black piece of clothing the whole time. A surprised gasp escaped his lips ; instead of attacking the man the humanoids creatures were bowing to him ? 

The man petted the Corans like he was their master. . In that moment Mark realized that the Corans didn't appeared out of nowhere , they were created for a purpose , to wipe humanity. But why ? Why would anyone want that ? His heart filled with burning hatred for the human. 

The man stopped petting the Corans and untied the cloth hiding his face. Mark strained his neck further to see the face of human. His breath hitched , his heart stopped beating for a moment when he saw who was on the other side of the fence.

" D____dad " 

___________________***********_____________________

Hey everyone ! How have you been ? 

I am really really sorry for the very very late update. 

Don't forget to leave comments. 

And ______

KEEP LOVING MARKSON !!!!!!!