Joshua - Like a Dream (Intro)

A Collection of Beginnings

It was the beginning of summer but it felt like it was already midsummer with the peak of heat permeating throughout the day. Waves of heat rising from the pavement could be felt through the soles of shoes and even the bravest would not dare to walk barefoot. Most people taking shelter in air-conditioned homes and offices, the adventurous slapping bottles of sunscreen lotion with the protection of their hats and sunglasses ventured to beaches and pools.

For Chaeryung, summer should be spent relaxing in whatever way she saw fit. These range from sunbathing near the pool, reading under the shade of a beach umbrella, watching a movie on the large flat screen tv, baking cupcakes and trying new recipes and if she gets a call from a dear friend, she may go out for a day of shopping. Despite being the daughter of a rich businessman, Chaeryung leads a rather ordinary life with an occasional splash of glamour. If anything, she would be familiar with the wealthy life or how some would refer to as 'living the dream' but she always felt like her life was dull and continuous like riding a carousel on a dreary day. The same constant scenery making her slowly dizzy and nauseous which may also be due to the heat getting to her. That was until the appearance of a fresh breeze cleared away her limbo dream state. This fresh breeze is otherwise known as Joshua, the boy next door.

Joshua's family recently moved from the states because his father had recently gotten a promotion. For him to leave his friends and a home he has known for his whole life to go to an almost foreign country where he knew nobody was more than just a bit daunting. The new house they moved into was quite an upgrade to which he was used to with relatively large houses in the neighbourhood and a family-friendly park within a 5 minute walking distance. His younger sister was excited about the whole thing to say the least but it might have been due to the fact she hasn't exactly come to terms that the move was permanent. With the new environment, he had taken up the slightly creepy behaviour of watching his neighbours and in particular, the girl next door.


This is pretty short but it is only the intro for the story and I'm not entirely sure where I want to go with this. I'm also thinking of updating at night from now on since I have an internship coming up which will take up most of my daytime and I would like to be a bit more consistent. Since this is also quite short, I will be updating a new chapter very shortly. So far, I'm not writing as much as I would like but I'm slightly distracted with watching Haikyuu!!, an anime about boys playing volleyball. Usually my holidays are taken up by animes and dramas because I don't have much time in semester to binge watch and so this holiday is an entirely new experience for me with an internship and writing/updating a fic. I hope you're enjoying these unfinished oneshots/chaptered fics and I hope to improve for a more enjoyable read.