Changmin and Yoona - Winning You Over (Part 1)

A Collection of Beginnings

Yoona stares at the invitation in her hands. The pastel pearl-like paper hold words of love and marriage. It is a marriage she does not want to attend, her own wedding to a man she does not love. Her lover is a man known to be Lee Seunggi, the famous actor. However, even his popularity cannot save her from getting married to Shim Changmin, the heir to Shim Media Corporation, one of the most influential companies in the world.

Yoona, the heiress of Purity Products, a cosmetic company founded by her parents, was definitely to marry the son of a grand corporation. Who would suggest otherwise? She is a lady of good upbringing, polite, compassionate and a favourite of the public eye. He is a man from a well-respected family, courteous, considerate and well known for his management of the company from an early age. From public opinion, they suit each other in every way, however, in Yoona’s opinion, this marriage is only to bind her to a man so she may not cause shame to her family. That shame in the form of her dating Seunggi. Yoona cannot wrap her mind around the idea of dating Seunggi as a shame or scandal. To her, Lee Seunggi is the perfect man, he is famous, he has a good reputation and most importantly, he loves her dearly. What more can a girl ask for?

“Do you like it?” her mother asks her. She stares at it a little longer and replies politely that it is very elegant and perfect for a wedding while in her mind she adds, “Just not my wedding,” Her mother smiles, pleased with the answer, moves on to other topics while Yoona’s mind drifts in and out of conversation giving nods and sounds of approval. Her mind settles on the idea that in 2 hours, she will be able to see Seunggi.

She feels giddy with the idea of spending time with Seunggi, the man she would rather marry than Changmin. Guilt settles into her mind, making her stomach churn, her mother and father who believes that she has already broken up with Seunggi, knows nothing of her escapades and secret meetings with him. She gives excuses that she is meeting with some friends and going to visit her fiancé.

Yoona glances at the clock almost every 5 minutes willing the time to go faster. Her mother shows her another venue where the wedding may be held, her eyes scans over the words and stares at the picture. It is pretty, elegant and most likely expensive. She didn’t really care where the wedding will take place but if it pleases her mother to the extent that her eyes glow expectantly at her daughter, then she won’t disappoint her mother.

“Why don’t we have the wedding there, mother?” she said with a smile which her mother returns enthusiastically, “I was thinking the same thing, my dear. This will be the wedding of the century. Even Prince William and Princess Catherine will be jealous of this wedding.”

Her mother looks at the venue fondly while Yoona imagines herself in a wedding dress, walking up the aisle to her love. She can’t help the blush that appears on her cheeks. Her fantasies dissipates when she hears the door bell ringing.

“Ohhh gosh, Changmin must be here to pick you up to get your dress fitted and his suit tailored. And he’s early. Such a perfect young man,” her mother states. Yoona wouldn’t agree with the perfection of Changmin but the perfection of Seunggi is another matter that she’ll pledge to for the rest of her life.

Changmin soon comes into the room led by Ms Song, the housekeeper, who ushers a maid to serve some tea to the visitor but is soon stopped by Changmin who says he is only going to pick Yoona up and won’t be staying long enough to enjoy tea.

It is then that Yoona realises that Changmin has ruined her chances of seeing Seunggi, she throws glares at him which he ignores. Yoona’s mother swoons at his polite behaviour which further convinces her that Changmin was the right man for Yoona. Yoona decides that perhaps going to her bedroom is a smarter choice than to be stuck with Changmin.

“Where are you going, dear?” her mother, who has snapped out of her dreams, questions Yoona as she heads towards the exit.

“I’m not feeling too well. I think I’ll go lie down for a while,”

“Are you sure? Maybe we should take you to the doctor. Ahhh yes. Changmin, you must take her to see the family doctor. We must not allow her to fall sick before the wedding,”

“I’m fine. I’ll just sleep it off,” Yoona pleads through her eyes hoping her mother would see that she doesn’t want to go with Changmin anywhere but obviously her mother who is in love with the idea of her daughter marrying the perfect son-in-law could not read the desperate messages.

“Ridiculous. Nonsense. You are going and I am not taking no for an answer,”

“You know what? I think I can go through the fitting. I feel a bit better now,” Yoona believes that going dress shopping was better than going to the hospital especially since she is actually fine and she does not need Changmin and her mother to know that she’s desperate not to go. Changmin, who looks at the exchange between the mother and daughter amusedly, knows that Yoona is not fond of the idea of marrying him.

Unlike Yoona, Changmin is willing to marry. He knew at the age of 19 that his parents will arrange a marriage for him and he scoped out all the ladies that his parents will likely choose. When his eye caught the sight of Yoona, he knew in that instant his parents will choose Yoona and he did not mind one bit. He is willing to learn to love this girl who is independent, fierce and witty. Her qualities is presented with flourishes of elegance and style, Changmin cannot resist falling in love with her and the image she has built since she was a young girl.

“Are you sure?” her mother continues to fuss over her only daughter while Yoona persists with assuring her mother that she is fine until the three finds themselves at the front door. Changmin goes out first to unlock the car and open the door for Yoona. Her mother looks on pleasingly while Yoona walks hesitantly towards the car.

“Miss Im, we will be late for our appointment if we do not hurry,” Changmin urges her amusedly. Yoona who does not want to seem obvious shoots glares at him while he smiles back and she grudgingly walks faster towards the car and seats herself neatly in the car seat. Changmin soon joins her in the car and waves back to Mrs Im and drives off while Yoona pouts.


This story is quite old as well and is dedicated to taecyoon_gem who is my best friend in real life and her OTP, Changyoon. She tells me that the Changyoon fics are all angsty and so I wanted to write something fluffy for her even though she prefers angst.