Characters Required - Untitled (Part 2)

A Collection of Beginnings

This story will begin like any other day. The weather was still quite chilly for a normal February day. The sun had appeared bringing more warmth into this cold morning and its rays shone on the girl’s dark brown hair casting a glow of angelic quality around her.

She waits for her bus. The bus arrives. She boards the bus. She pays her fare. She sits down near the end at a window seat. The bus continues to travel. The bus stops. He boards the bus. He smiles at her and greets her. He sits down. They banter.

When the comfortable silence has slipped between the two, both think of the other with a smile. She watches the scenery outside the window; he pulls out his phone and plays some games to kill his boredom.

“Valentine’s Day is just around the corner. Is the shop getting busier?” the boy asked her randomly while he continues to fiddle with his phone. She hummed in response.

“Are you giving any?” she asked him quite curiously. He shook his head which she caught in the reflection of the window. “Why not? Not wooing any girls?”

“No one uses the word wooing anymore. And I’m not interested in the celebration anyway,” he replied nonchalantly.

“Not interested? Well, you certainly enjoy receiving gifts on Valentine’s Day. I saw you last year, full of smiles with your gifts in your bag. Don’t think I didn’t notice,”

“Presents are to be appreciated. Me and my stomach appreciated it. Thank you very much,” he defended.

“Of course. If your stomach is involved, then all that matters is thrown out the window. Don’t you think it’s giving false hope to those poor girls?”

“Hey, it’s not like you rejected those roses either,” he retorted back.

“It’s rude and impolite to reject gifts,” she spoke calmly. He coughed out hypocrite in response which earned him a punch to which he whined that he lost his game because of her. She rolled her eyes and reached over to press the stop button as the bus neared the end of their ride.

“Hurry up. Get up. We need to get off now,” she rushed him to stand so that they can jump off to attend classes.

“OK. OK. Calm down. It’s not like we are late,” he slowly rose up and stepped into the aisle. “After you, my lady,” he gestured for her to step into the aisle before him. Both got off the bus and thanked the bus driver before walking into campus.

As they continued walking into campus, their respective friends pulled the two apart. The boy and the girl only looked at the other and said their “See you later,”


Part 2 of the untitled story. This exerpt is relatively short so I will most likely put up another chapter soonish.