Characters Required - Untitled (Part 1)

A Collection of Beginnings

Author's note: This is the first part of something I've written which lacks characters and I would like you, the reader, to suggest some suitable idols. It can be a male idol with a female OC or female idol with a male OC or a male idol with female idol. Originally, this has been written with Apink's Chorong and Infinite's Woohyun with a supporting cast of the rest of Apink and Infinite in mind. So another option would be the original setup. Please let me know in the comments and I hope you enjoy this story I started many years ago (maybe 4 or 5 years ago).


At 8:10 am every weekday morning, there is a petite girl who stands at a red bus stop waiting for her bus. She would wait 10 minutes for the bus to arrive, sometimes the bus was early, sometimes the bus was late but she was always there at 8:10. Whether the weather was rain, hail or shine, she was there waiting. Any passer-by can tell from her expression that she was happy from the slight smile on her face and the twinkle in her eyes. When the bus had arrived, she would get on and pay her fare in the accurate amount with coins.

She would walk up the aisle and sit near the end of the bus and place herself neatly next to the window seat. After a couple of stops, the bus would stop and pick up another passenger. He would slip the pass into the machine and will venture up the aisle and sit next to her.

He would greet her with a smile that she would imprint in her mind so that when she is down, she may bring them forth to remind her of the happy and simple times.

“Good morning sunshine,” he greeted her like any other day. Her reply to him was always something endearingly teasing, “It’s not a good morning if I see you,” at this, he would chuckle softly and nudge her softly.

“Why are you always so mean to me?”

“Why are you always so annoying to me?” she would counter back but both knew that she enjoyed his company but would not admit to such deeds yet.

“I like your reactions. They’re cute,” at this, she would crinkle her nose and give a glare. He would only look back with amusement and put his hands in mock defence. He would later whine a bit as she landed a punch on his shoulder.

“For a girl, you have quite a punch. The poor man you’re gonna marry will surely end up in bruises before the marriage,”

“I feel sorry for the girl you date. She’ll surely cry every day at your insensitivity,”

“Hey, any girl that dates me will be forever lucky. Have you met any guy with more charm than me?”

She would scoff and reply, “Every girl would be lucky if they never have to meet your royal conceitedness,”

“Haha. Very funny. And you’re the perfect girl?” he asks in mockery.

“I believe that my flaws make me more perfect than you,”

“I don’t even know why I talk to you when all you do is insult me. I can’t have a normal conversation with you without you injuring my pride. Oh what have I done to displease the gods?” he would speak dramatically.

“Your very existence displeases the gods,” she would answer.

“Gods and goddesses above, please forgive me. I shall sacrifice myself for your happiness,” at this, he would slump forward and pretend to be dead for the next few minutes.

“Ahh peaceful quiet, I have missed you dearly,” the girl would sigh out. A comfortable silence would lie between the two and both would have a slight smile on their mouths at their bantering.

Their days on the bus ride are always full of teasing and laughter. From afar, it can be seen that the relationship of the two are close friends that can almost be confused for a closer relationship. When either of the two have been asked of their relationship status, they would deny that they are not together and simply state they are good friends.

However, many still believe that some chemistry lies between the two. Despite the friendly appearances, many girls approach the boy in hopes of having a boyfriend to which he will refuse gentlemanly. The girl is also quite popular with the male population of the university campus that both attend. Although she gets a few confessions once in a while, she would say that she is currently not looking for a relationship.

All is peaceful between the two and nothing has tipped this balance but one would wonder, did the two have feelings for the other that all these confessions have been rejected so that their firsts can be reserved for the other? If this is friend zoning, why do they not confess their love for each other and make this relationship at least less hurtful after knowing the truth? Readers, this is the story of two young adults who find love is something that lies close by. A love that slowly creeps into the heart, gripping tightly on without letting go. A love that blossoms from a building relationship. They have yet to realise the love they feel for each other as the other slowly consume their hearts. But who can blame them for not noticing when all they do is banter like cats and dogs.