Differences Collide

Forgotten Love

Gikwang's Pov

 

I picked myself off the ground and decided to just it up. I had my head on the rope, my heart at my throat. Nothing felt in place at all. I wiped the tears away with the palms of my hands. I pushed my nose upwards wiping the existent fluid that came out. I took another quick glance at the damaged phone. I looked up to see that there was a sort of terrace up ahead. I took minimal steps and hung my head low, arms folded across the railing. I peeped through the holes of the metal railings. Seeing many different types of people with their own different types of problems.

 

First you see a man, running trying to catch up to a bus....then a little kid getting ice cream with their parents....I sighed..What a life to have...

 

My back was now against the railings and my head facing the sky. I propped my elbows and supported them behind me. The soft sounds of the breeze coming from behind me. Flowing quietly as it seemed to match the rhythm of my thoughts. I gasped, taking in breaths of fresh air. Was I really destined to become an idol? Was this my dream from the start? I set my head to a neutral spot; facing frontwards. Or did I become an idol...because it was my dream to support us both....I pounded my head for being such an idiot. I wasn't in for the even share for the both of us..I was selfish...I left..the best thing..Once again, I repeat, THE BEST THING IN MY WHOLE ING LIFE...alone. I hovered quickly to the broken device over again. I pressed a few buttons just to get it to start up; I found the mini folder (a folder where Jaehwa never found out about) that I kept to store everything that we've done together. I quickly sent it to my email with the remaining few minutes that the phone had to survive. I sighed in relief when I saw the mini mailbox animation send off.

 

I can't believe it. Why is it all memories now? I felt a slight tug in my heart. Tears began to form yet again. I really do miss her..she hasn't been showing up at school as well. She's missed 3 days already. Her seat just stood their as if it was becoming really old and dusty. I thought back to being in my chair; 2 seats away from her. She would always give that non-hesitant smile of hers. It just seemed to light up my entire world. I felt yet another tug in my heart. Jaehwa...Where could you be? Are you avoiding me on purpose? Did I hurt you that much? Do you feel the pain that I'm in as well?

 

My thoughts were interrupted due to the fact that I could hear joyous yells from the dance room inside. I gave a small corner smirk. I took steps inches just away from the door, placing my hand just about to twist the knob.....I can't take anymore of this pain. I want to see you! I want to hold you in my arms again. Smell the scent of your hair and having you just on my chest, closed tight. I want to feel your heart beating close to mine.. I need you....please come back...

 

Junhyung POV

 

Usually, the bright sunlight seeping through my eyes would be the signal for my day to begin, but today, it was different.

Today, my wake up call was a loud voice.

I opened one eye slightly, too see if the voices were calling for me, but I shut them close again and brought the blanket above my eyes when I saw the black shadow hovering to the person who was on the bed beside mine.

God damn, why are these people so loud..

"Oh..my poor daughter..." the feminine voice said in a weary tone.

Wait a minute....daughter...bed next to mine?

Jaehwa?


I open my two eyes and bolted upright. Getting up from the warm and comfortable hospital bed, I slipped into the slippers and pushed the curtain with great force. Sure enough, I was greeted by a shocked Jaehwa and two middle aged people who looked at me in surprise.

"Junhyung! Look, look! My parents!" Jaehwa exclaimed, jumping up and down pointing at the middle aged man and women.

I immediately bowed ninety degrees. When I got back up, I rubbed the back of my head and cleared my throat.

"Annyeonghaseyo."
I managed to mumble quietly.

The woman who I assumed was Jaehwa’s mother stopped and stared at me briefly. I swallowed hard, thinking she was going to hit me for being alone with her daughter for this long, but she didn’t. Instead, she reached for my hands and squeezed them tightly. The sudden skinship made my eye widen.

“You...saved my daughter…and you got hurt in the process..”she began, looking at me with watery eyes and a small smile. “Thank you so much Junhyung-shi, how can we every repay you?” she said, pulling her hands away from mine.

I gave her a tiny smile.

“It was nothing, it was really the right thing to do..,” I paused briefly and tilted my head over to Jaehwa. Heat went up onto my cheeks when I saw her. She was out of her hospital robe and into a red hooded jacket and faded jeans that fit her figure perfectly.

Seeing her in regular, everyday clothing gave me a different perspective of her.

She was indeed, beautiful.

I snapped out of my thoughts when I noticed the large suitcase beside her bed. The man who I assumed was her father, nodded at Jaehwa’s mother and left the room, taking the suitcase with him.

“Jaehwa-ah, come out in five minutes.” Her mother said with a large smile.

I suddenly felt my feelings soar down. She was leaving today. The day I knew was coming was today. The day where everything ends and returns to normal, was today.

Once the door shut closed, it was only me and Jaehwa left in the room.  In the three weeks and two days we had spent together, it has never been this awkward, until now.

I cleared my throat and went over, seating myself on the bed beside her. I intertwined my fingers together and placed them on my lap, looking down to the floor.

“So….you’re getting discharged today huh?” I asked in a small voice, turning my head slightly to face her. She responded with a small nod, her eyes locked to the tiled grounds.

A tiny chuckle left my lips. “To be honest, it was fun three weeks caring for you Jung Jaehwa.” I turned my entire body to face her. “Be safe, okay?” I said, ruffling her chocolate brown hair.

A smile formed on her face as she raised her head to face me. “Thank you too Junhyung-shi. Hopefully we’ll see each other in the future…”

That’s very unlikely to happen… but I nodded my head anyway at her giving her a small grin.

“You should leave now. Your parents are probably wait-.”

My sentence was cut off when I felt a pair of soft lips to my right cheek. My eyes widened and I gulped hard. A giggling Jaehwa pulled back and flashed me a large ear to ear grin.

“Thank you so much Junhyung!” she said before skipping out of the room.

I felt my hand touch my right check, rubbing the area where her soft lips touched. Without me realizing, I began to smile like a hopeless idiot. My stomach felt like it was doing flips in all directions.

It was really nice meeting you, you made me happy...even if it was only for a short period of time…

My happy moment didn’t last long. It was interrupted by a dinging noise that came from my phone. A small flashing mail animation began to flash. I thought nothing could ruin my mood. But I was wrong, My smile quickly turned into a frown. My once fluttering insides, raged in anger.

Dear Junhyung,

 

 

So I heard you’re with a girl right now? Is she the reason you are igorning your duties? Well then, I can solve that problem easily...when i find the two of you...it's over.

 

Hiyeom Xen hur~
Soooo, how did you guys like this update?
I am actually so proud right now, my donsaeng is becoming such a great author
I think I can sleep well tonight~ its almost midnight (in like 4 minutes)
Goodnight~/Goodmorning~ aha
Byeyeom Mah Chingus~

im tired fklasdfjladsfj . ok that is all x___________x 

thanks for reading this far~