I love You

Just my family

Baekhyun stirs the jigae gently while his other hand reaches for the salt a few inches from his hand, knocking a few bottles beside it along the way. The bottles clank and that startled the just awaked Kyungsoo who blearily stares at Baekhyun in the blinding light of the morning from the opened window beside the sink.

"Baekhyun? What are you doing?" Kyungsoo walks over where Baekhyun is standing, grabbing Baekhyun left arm. 

"Oh, I was just preparing your breakfast. By the way, good morning honey," Baekhyun wriggles his arm from Kyungsoo grip and wraps it around Kyungsoo shoulder to pull her into a kiss.

"What time is it? Don't you work?" Kyungsoo turns around to look at the clock but Baekhyun stops her in the middle. 

"It doesn't matter. I've sent Sooyoung to mother since we are going to have some time for us today," Baekhyun smiles earnestly and Kyungsoo huffs in dissatisfaction.

"Why did you decide on your own. You can't simply send Sooyoung to mother. We can't do that," Kyungsoo pushes Baekhyun hand arm off her shoulder and turn on her heel to leave the kitchen which had Baekhyun frown in confusion.

"Huh? Kyungsoo, but I sent Sooyoung to my mother and she loves the kid by the way. So it would be fine and she's not even bothered by it," switching off the stove, Baekhyun trails after Kyungsoo to their room. 

"It's not that. What would your mother says then. She might tell she's not bothered by it, but you don't how elders mind is," Kyungsoo is now putting on her white knitted sweater, reaching for the red scarf inside the closet since the weather is a bit chilly today.

"Kyungsoo, where are you going?" Baekhyun catches Kyungsoo arm when she brush past him.

"To mother's. I'm gonna pick Sooyoung." Kyungsoo gently pulls out from Baekhyun hold. 

"B-but why? I've talk to mother and she didn't mind it. She's bored anyway or that what she told me. So I don't the reason why it's wrong," Baekhyun still don't understand and feeling a little bit hurt by Kyungsoo action. 

"It just... I don't want to trouble her. Sooyoung is a very active girl, don't wanna her to hurt her grandmother," Kyungsoo tries to reason out and continues to walk towards the front door. 

"Then do whatever you want then," Kyungsoo heard Baekhyun voice, there's tinge of hurt in it but Kyungsoo shrugs it anyway.

 

 

Kyungsoo don't know what've gotten into her but a deep worry swept over her when she heard Baekhyun sent Sooyoung to his mother. She is on her way to the car when she heard someone calls out for her.

"Noona, where are you going?" it's Jongin and there's Taekwoon trailing behind him. 

"Jongin-ah. I'm heading to my mother-in-law house to pick Sooyoung," Kyungsoo smiles at him while bowing back at Taekwoon. 

"Oh, I was going to pick Sooyoung too, since I promised her and Baekhyun hyung to take her to our ballet class today. And might gonna take her around since it's been a while since I ever play with her," Jongin grins sheepishly while getting smacked by Taekwoon.

"You should spend time with Rahee too, she's your real niece," Taekwoon snickers at him while Jongin whines playfully, saying she's a big girl now and refuse to play with her Uncle Jongin. 

Kyungsoo chuckles at their antic. Taekwoon should've put the ring on Jongin finger soon since they both match really well. But something bothers her from Jongin words.

"But wait, you said you are taking Sooyoung out? Why?" 

"Hyung said he wanna give you some break and spending time together or something about that. He was on the phone when I overheard his conversation so I said I could help too. But now you said you are picking Sooyoung, so I guess his plan is cancelled. Man, I was really prepared to show her my best move," Jongin pouts, looking a bit dejected. 

Kyungsoo worries his lower lip, trying to digest the whole thing and Taekwoon seems to notice something. 

"So Kyungsoo, something happened or what?" he pries but Kyungsoo shrugs him away.

"Nah, it's nothing. It just...nevermind. So Jongin, are you still up for your plan?" Kyungsoo points at him and he immediately lighten up like a bright bulb. 

"Of course, but did something happened?" Jongin concerned voice is too real but it isn't any of his business anyway. 

"Nah, it just something come up and...ugh whatever. Just carry on with your plan," she knows she's losing her cool but Jongin seems like he get it anyway. 

He smirks, his mischievious eyes is glinting.

"Alright. I just hope things would be better for you and Baekhyun hyung. Maybe I could start choosing the name for my niece or maybe this time, a nephew," Jongin giggles and Kyungsoo punches him on the shoulder.

"Shut up. Now get going, shoo," Kyungsoo shooes them away before jogging across the short distance between the car park to her house. 

When she unlock the house, she smells nothing of what Baekhyun cooked earlier. She looks into the kitchen and didn't found Baekhyun, instead she peers under the rattan food cover and opened the plastic covered bowl contained some of the jiggae and a bowl of rice beside it. She read the note 'eat it, I saved some in case you have time to eat it'. The rice is almost cold and Kyungsoo looked at the clock. It had already been 30 minutes since she went out earlier. 

She put the cover back and goes to search for Baekhyun. She can't find him in the bedroom so she tried at the small office--studio and found Baekhyun is sleeping on the chair with his laptop open, earphone plugged in both of his ears. She approaches him and from an arm away, she could hear the music that is blasting from Baekhyun earphone. She frowns, Baekhyun seldom listening to music after they had child, much more blasting it at full volume. But she remember this habit of Baekhyun and he always did this whenever he is upset with something and want to avoid it. 

So she turns the music off and saves the file on the laptop before shaking Baekhyun up from the sleep. 

Baekhyun whines.

"What are you doing?" he sounds upset, maybe from being woke up or from his earlier anger but Kyungsoo doesn't dwell in it. She shrugs it off. 

"If you wanna sleep, sleep properly on the bed or you would get a stiff neck later," Kyungsoo lightly scolds him but Baekhyun scowls back and looks away after looking slightly guilty. He gets up and walks out the room. 

Baekhyun knows it's childish but he's hurt with her nonchalant behavior and this is not the first time. He still remember when they were still in the stage of knowing each other, Kyungsoo had forgotten their date and Baekhyun was stood up cold under the bus stop, waiting for the bus while his heart broke. And later she explained she got stucked helping her friend to shop for their college stuff. But that wasn't a one-timed so Baekhyun stopped counting. Her carefree personality sometimes isn't good for him but he really does love Kyungsoo so much. 

"Baekhyun? You aren't sleeping? I thought-," 

"No, I wasn't," Baekhyun cuts her off and Kyungsoo can't help to feel a bit hurt. 

"What's wrong Baekhyun? Are you alright?" Kyungsoo tries to touch him but he brushes it away. 

Knowing Baekhyun is sulking, she tries to humour him like usual and she would somehow always get away without apologizing but Baekhyun doesn't seems like to respond well. And that goes for a week. He is likely avoiding her because he is talking fine with Taekwoon and playing with Sooyoung but whenever Kyungsoo come near, he walks away. It somehow a little bit bad since even Jongin could sense it and Sooyoung is affected, until one day Kyungsoo can't stand it anymore. She confronts Baekhyun when he is about to go out on his day off. 

"Where are you going, Baekhyun?" 

"Out," his short reply boils her anger and she snaps. 

"What with that attitude Baekhyun, cut it out. It's childish-," 

"Yes, I am childish, so what? I am not mature enough for you to take me seriously, so why should I even try," Baekhyun lashes out and Kyungsoo is stunned by his word. 

"What? What are you talking about?" 

"I know, I've never been good enough for you. You didn't like me the first time we met and even after we got married. I wasn't the man you are looking for and I'm sorry I couldn't be one. But I'm tired Kyungsoo. I'm tired of trying to be good enough for you. You means the whole world to me and having a family with you is all I dreamt off since highschool but I don't think you've ever took me seriously," Baekhyun eyes is sad as he looks at her. 

"I just wanna have some time alone with you since I don't think we ever had it after we got child. But when you seem repulsed by the idea, I knew it you don't like to be with me. I've missed you... a lot you know,"

Kyungsoo can't tear his eyes away from Baekhyun face, he looks so much like a dejected puppy and Kyungsoo want to pull him inside her arm, wiping away the frown marring his pretty face. She feels guilt climbing up her sense and she swallows down the lump inside , thinking of something to say. 

The silent is pregnant and Kyungsoo is eaten up by the guilt. 

"I...I am sorry Baekhyun, I know it's my fault. I'm sorry I made you feel like that but yeah, maybe part of it is true. But it's all in the past. We are a family now and I don't think I'll... able to live without you anymore," Kyungsoo face is burning up and she doesn't want to look at Baekhyun. 

"I-it just, you know. I am really bad with apology and I should fix it. But I'm just...you know...um," her mind gone blank after her confession but when she opens to speak again, she is interrupted with the door bell. Damn, talk about wrong timing.

Baekhyun goes to open the door and there's a pizza delivery guy in front of the door. 

"Pizza?" The pizza delivery guy is smiling radiantly and Baekhyun looks at Kyungsoo, confused. 

"But we didn't order any," Kyungsoo is standing beside Baekhyun while blinking in confusion.

"I was told to send it here and got a message for you both 'Make up already, I need a nephew to name' or so that's is written. Enjoy~" he bows politely and walks away. 

They both look at each other and Kyungsoo seems like to continue her word earlier but Baekhyun cuts her first. 

"It's fine Kyungsoo. I guess that was the end. Let's eat this and I need to hear you telling me you love me after we eat," Baekhyun grins and Kyungsoo feels like burying herself inside the ground. 

 

 

a/n: haha, finally updating~ lately i've been stressing myself over petty thing and i really need to sort my priority now TTTT. i'm so ed up and this chapter isn't helping. I'm sorry. Comments are always welcomed ;)