Baby

Just my family

Baekhyun stares at the small creature in Kyungsoo arms. 

"It's so tiny, y'know" Baekhyun breaths, repeating it for nth time already. 

"I know, Baek. It's a baby, our baby," Kyungsoo heart is just too full to throw any snarky comment at Baekhyun.

Kyungsoo twists her head a bit, her focus on the small baby changes to the face of the father. She could see the feeling reflected in his eyes—adoration, awe, fascination, like a small curious kid. She chuckles. 

"You are that happy, hmm?" She softly mumbles into his ear, feeling a small feeling akin to glee as the spread of the skin near her nose is painted with pink. 

Baekhyun didn't dare to look at Kyungsoo with the kind of expression he wears right now. He is so sure it's not a pleasant view, but he can't stop the upward turn of his cheek—though it starting to cramp by now. He is too happy for words; too awed for the reality to actually kicked in his brain system. 

The baby makes a satisfied sound that Kyungsoo mind automatically thinks of how close the resemblance to her father. Kyungsoo grins. 

 

—except the baby is actually a carbon copy of Baekhyun—mentally though physically she does resemble Kyungsoo in a lot of ways.

The baby is so loud, be it during meal time or bath time. Her playtime is the worst. And by the mean of loud— it's her crying. She cries for most of the time and Kyungsoo is seriously on the dead end. 

 

"Kyungsoo, you alright?" Baekhyun touches her shoulder, gently whispering into her ear. 

He doesn't get any respond and that worries him so much, so hastely turns Kyungsoo body towards him. He cradles Kyungsoo face in his left hand, watching her face as he trails down his wife face— the telltale of her crying and the exhaustion on her face. 

"Hey Kyungsoo, how are you feeling?" He tries to smile, but seeing his wife wrecked appearance makes his determination wavers, so he pulls Kyungsoo inside his arms—hoping it would provide her the comfort she need. 

"Baek, it's hard," Kyungsoo murmurs into Baekhyun collarbone, voice broken. 

"I know, I'm sorry," Baekhyun kisses Kyungsoo hair, mumbling 'it's fine' occasionally while running his hand through Kyungsoo dark lock. 

"Why it's so hard," a sobs finally comes out and Baekhyun heart clenches in pain. 

"It's fine. It's okay, we'll work it out okay?" Baekhyun is still reassuring a sobbing Kyungsoo, while she sags against him. 

 

Baekhyun was shrugging off his jacket suit and toeing his shoes off when he heard a loud wailing with a sounds of something breaking following after it. Baekhyun rushed inside and found a screaming baby—face red from the crying and it seemed like she already crying for a while. He quickly lift her up into his cradle while searching for the sillhouette of his wife— which he later found in the kitchen, staring in daze. 

"Kyungsoo, why are Sooyoung crying? Kyungsoo, are you okay?" Baekhyun walked with little Sooyoung in his arms, rocking her as her wailing finally reduced to small sobs— only to be surprised by the mess on the floor. Few broken pieces of porcelain and glass along with a kitchen knife. His eyes immediately scanned Kyungsoo body for any injury and he did found some. 

"Kyungsoo, stay here okay, don't move. I'll be back," 

After tucking Sooyoung to sleep inside her cradle, he went to tend Kyungsoo who was still in daze. He tip toe his way to Kyungsoo, lifting her up onto the kitchen counter and taking the broom and dustpan out to sweep away the shards. After he done, he stood in front of her and study her face. She looked so worn out—the bluish colour of her eyesbag, void looking eyes. He feels a deep regret quitely seeping inside him as he fails to see all of these. 

"Kyungsoo?" He leans into Kyungsoo personal space, slotting his body between her thigh. 

Kyungsoo remains stoic. 

And Baekhyun couldn't hide his anxiety anymore. 

"Kyungsoo, I'm sorry. This is my fault, alright. But first, let's not talk it here," he said as he slip both his hand under Kyungsoo thigh, lifting her up so her leg fit perfectly on the slight curve of his waist while Kyungsoo just silently complying, hugging Baekhyun shoulder tightly. 

When they both are seated on their couch, Kyungsoo immediately slumps against Baekhyun, face tucked into his neck. 

"I'm not ready Baek, this is hard," her voice broke and so do Baekhyun's heart. He could feel his neckline is soaking with Kyungsoo tears but he don't give a damn about it, not when his wife is broken with a commitment she didn't yet ready for it. 

"I'm sorry. This is all my fault. I'm so sorry," Baekhyun tries to soothe her, rubbing her back softly in up and down motion; kissing her crown occasionally. 

Suddenly, a hot fluid flows down Baekhyun face as he lowers his head down. 

"I'm sorry you had to go through all of this. I'm such an . I am inconsiderate. I don't deserve you Kyungsoo. You have done so much to me, but all I've done is to be an ungrateful bastard," Baekhyun is almost sobbing as he strains himself from bawling, tears flowing down non stop.

Kyungsoo lifts her face from Baekhyun neck, but only to be stop with a tight grip of Baekhyun arm around her. She feels the drops of water on her back and she is seriously sorry for making Baekhyun feels like this. 

"...I'm sorry. This is all my fault. You already said you are not yet ready for this and I'm just being a jerk..." He continues between his sobs. 

"Baek," Kyungsoo croaks. 

"I'm sorry,"

"Baekhyun," 

"I'm—" 

"BAEKHYUN!" 

Baekhyun body jerks away and let loose of Kyungsoo body. 

Kyungsoo uses this opporturnity to straddle Baekhyun properly as she takes Baekhyun face in her palms. 

"Baek," she sniffles.

Baekhyun let out a whimper and nuzzles his face into her palm. 

"Baek, are you alright?" Her raspy voice sounds painful in his ears and he whines again. 

Now this is a turn of event.

Baekhyun who was trying to calm Kyungsoo down, broke down in front of her in a blubbering mess. Well, Kyungsoo kinda understand that. She made Baekhyun felt so much insecured with her teasing though she never meant any of it and that resulted to this kind of situation. 

"Baekhyun, Baek, B, honey, love, look at me. Baek look at me," she says as Baekhyun refuses to lift his face when Kyungsoo tilts his face. She frowns and tries again. 

"Don't look at me. I'm ugly," Baekhyun says as he takes one of Kyungsoo hand, and presses it on his cheek. 

Kyungsoo chuckles. She continues to Baekhyun face and Baekhyun leans on Kyungsoo chest, rubbing his face on it like a puppy. Kyungsoo kisses his crown, enveloping him in a hug. 

"It's okay, not your fault. We are in this together, right? Don't worry much." Kyungsoo assures him. 

"But you are having hard time with the baby. I know you are not used with handling baby but I still couldn't be there for you. I'm sorry," Baekhyun insists with remorseful face. 

"Love, honey, it's fine. I'm sorry too. It's hard but I shouldn't be like this-" 

"No Kyungsoo, it's okay, it's fine if you want to have some break from this. I'm sorry I made-"

"Baekhyun! Could you please stop saying sorry. It's not your fault. Why are you even saying sorry?" 

Baekhyun is completely muted. He looks as if he's gonna cry again and he hugs Kyungsoo again. 

"I want to hear you call me that again,"Baekhyun murmurs into her chest.

"Call you what?" Kyungsoo cards her finger through the dark lock. 

"Love. honey," he sheepishly detaching his face from Kyungsoo body. 

Kyungsoo smiles.

"Yeah, you Byun big baby. My love, honey bee. Now, cry no more," Kyungsoo kisses his cheek.

 

 

A/n: haha, finally updating^^' sorry, it wasnt suppose to be like this. I initially wanna write bout the baby, but some thing happened and my resolve crumbles apart. Ill try to do something later^^' unbetaed