Baby I (EDITED)

Just my family

After all those racket last week, Baekhyun made up his mind for a big decision that might affect his life (or even scarred him for eternity along the way) but he had firmly stated it—over their dinner (since Baekhyun did think dinner is a serious talking time)— that he wanna do it. 

"...Kyungsoo just lemme try it, once. Please, I can do it. I know I can," Baekhyun earnestly voiced out his desire albeit the frown marred on Kyungsoo beautiful face deepened.

"I don't know Baek, I'm not sure you can do it though," Kyungsoo sighed, clearly distressed and anxious with Baekhyun proposition.

"I'll be fine and I'm gonna promise you that, okay? Please, we wouldn't know unless we try," Baekhyun wore his best pleading eyes before Kyungsoo gave in.

He volunteered to take care of Sooyoung for three week. A WHOLE THREE WEEK.

...alone.

Kyungsoo is definitely against the idea. Because as much as she knew that Baekhyun is good at handling children, it's different when taking care of your own. Though reluctant, she packed her things for the trip Baekhyun made her go.

He tried to talk it out with Chanyeol (Chanyeol was Kyungsoo old schoolmate and collegemate) during their break, as Chanyeol is one of the married staff with children at their office,he gave him a look of sympathy because Chanyeol do knew the hardship of raising baby alone as he himself got two at home (he got twins and Chanyeol loves his wife so much to even burdening her). He gave Baekhyun a few advices and tips on baby sitting before patting him on the back, giving him the pump up 'fighting' fist. 

His duty suppose to start today as he sent off Kyungsoo at airport this morning-- taking few hours off from work earlier. But when he packs his things-- ready to head home, this one particular feeling attacked him.

He is definitely high strung of this whole idea.

He walks to the elevator with a heavy heart. His hand cold and clammy, giddiness at its finest, and it's suffocating. Suddenly there's a hand placed on his shoulder.

"Hey buddy, are you okay?" Oh, it's Chanyeol.

"Hey, I...don't know. Could I?" Baekhyun grimaces, scrunching his face.

"You can do it man. Don't worry much," Chanyeol smiles encouragingly before stepping inside the elevator, pulling Baekhyun by shoulder along.

They talks some more about baby rearing before the elevator ding, and Chanyeol pats him again, telling Baekhyun to call him if he need something.

 

And that left Baekhyun alone. He shouldn't be worried. After all, she's his daughter.

But the fact she's his daughter made him even more nervous. That kid possessed the energy (and voice) that impossible a seven months baby could ever have. He sighs once more time as he drives his car into the hustle of Seoul traffic.

 

"Sooyoung-ah, please, just one more bite, okay?" Baekhyun tries to coax his daughter to finish the food only to be ignored by her. She keeps crawling away from Baekhyun whenever he tries to come closer.

"Sooyoung-ah, one more, please," Baekhyun knew he's running late but if he can't make her finishes her food, he can't even start to wash her and himself.

7.20 a.m.

'' Baekhyun silently cursed at the time. He is definitely gonna be late or maybe he would call for day off since it's impossible to make this kid listen to him.

After 30 minutes of struggle, he finally finished dressing her and taking a very brief shower, he prepares himself to work. The 30 minutes journey to his work place feels like eternity as the traffic is contributing to most of the years added to his life. As soon as he pulls into the company parking lots, he immediately hauls his daughter along with him, rushing to chase the almost closing elevator. He drops his daughter at the company nursery and dashes to his quarter as fast as he can. 

"Do you have any reason to explain your situation Mr Byun?"

His boss, a man in his early 50's sighs at the sight of Baekhyun unkempt appearance this morning. 

Baekhyun smiles awkwardly, the corner of his lip twitches occasionally as he explains his condition. 

He's immediately dismissed when his boss got an important call and that save him some hassle to explain things more. 

When he walks out the room, Chanyeol gives him a lopside smile as Baekhyun scrunches his face in relief.

 

Much to his chagrin, he luckily manage to pick Sooyoung safely— since he is late for two hours from the suppose time (damn his boss is sure holding grudge)— without being chew out alive by the teacher.

But now, Baekhyun is facing another problem as Sooyoung refuse to stay put in her babychair and she is whining non stop.

"Aegi-ya, please stop that. Appa beg you, we'll be home soon. So, please be patient," Baeekhyun is literally fidgetting, afraid of Sooyoung's temper. He have three more traffic light and two turn to reach home. But as soon as he stop at the last red light, Sooyoung finally go off. And Baekhyun need to endure it for few minutes until he turns into the parking lot.

With a slap and few kicks, Baekhyun manages to bring Sooyoung safely inside the house. 

Though she makes quite a hassle, that night Baekhyun got no problem to tuck her to sleep, probably exhausted from her daycare activities.

After putting her to sleep, Baekhyun checks on his phone for any call or text from his wife but he got nothing. It's a little bit upsetting but he assumes Kyungsoo is probably resting so he won't bother her. Baekhyun goes to sleep that night with a heavy sigh, hoping things are better for the next three weeks.

But well, when did the world actually goes the way you wish it to be.

For almost a week consequtively, he arrived at work with a look of an ungroomed puppy (well, Sooyoung apparently really EXTRA feisty in the morning, so his neatly sleek hair and buttoned up work blouse doesnt look the way he made it before going out the house). At first, his boss gave him a salty frown, but after a week he shoots him a look of sympathy, simply shrugging off his tardiness.

Though few of his coworker complaint about him not spending much time with them anymore (even during break, since he'll be checking on his daughter at the company nursery but he wasn't even a party goer himself after he got married, so Baekhyun doesn't seems to mind it) but he's making a lot of progress with his chores. After a week of complete disaster, he learned to manage the time well and even got Chanyeol to come over after work for a few days to teach him cooking and real housewive work (which had Baekhyun gaping in awe watching Chanyeol doing all of the work like pro).

And baby Sooyoung began to open up to her own father.

Baekhyun is so glad with the progress he's making, so for the next weekend, he promised Sooyoung for a day trip of a father-daughter bonding (Baekhyun saw a tv program that shows the father-children bonding through trip and stuff and he kinda in planning, so he just went with the idea).

"Sooyoung-ah, try this," he holds the small cherry tomato to his daughter lips, waiting for her to taste that plant.

To his surprise, she's taking that plant really well and she even squeals, prolly shocked to the exploding taste. He takes her around for a while before leaving that farm to another location.

Later he brings Sooyoung to his favourite past time hangout place before he met Kyungsoo— a cafe with a deep history carved on the wall.

"You know, I don't even took any of my friend here. I only takes my beloved women— and girl, of course, to this place." Baekhyun sweetly smiles at his daughter, chuckling when his daughter gives him a confuse look. 

And he met the regular ahjumma and ahjusshi who frequent there too, surprisingly still visiting that place after so many years had already passed.

"Ahhh, Baekhyun-goon, long time no see you. It's been how many year already?" the old man fondly pats his arm, pulling Baekhyun to sit with them like the old days.

"Haha, he used to visit during his 'troubled' school day, now he's a grown up already," the old lady reminisces the time when Baekhyun used to visit frequently after school, or when he's playing truant.

"Well, that was a long time ago. I lived in Seoul now, so I rarely come back here now." Baekhyun rubs his neck, pulling her daughter so she's sitting on his lap.

"Aigoo, such a pretty child. What's her name?"

"Sooyoung,"

"And beautiful name too," the old lady couldn't stop cooing at the child.

After a while, she likely had remembered something when she suddenly smiles mischieviously.

"So, I take your effort with that Kyungsoo-girl paid off then," and Baekhyun immediately heats up. He whines at her, telling her not to make him remember that embarrasing moment during his teenage.

"Well, eomma makes it happen. We would never being together if eomma didn't do something," Baekhyun pouts, still moping over the fact his mother knew Kyungsoo family all along and brought them both together.

Both of them gives him a sorry look, patting him on the back.

"Well, things happen. At least she's yours now,"

They talk more for a while before Baekhyun excused himself and his daughter as he's going to visit few more places.

Baekhyun takes her to Namsan Tower, feeling a little bit ridiculous taking his only seven-months-old daughter to a high and cold place but apparently she doesn't seems to mind it at all. They both make quite a ruckus when some girls high schooler passed by them both and they thought Baekhyun is a celebrity doing a show (yeah, because it is indeed ridiculous taking your small child to a place like this). Some of them even took some picture with him and Baekhyun decided he likes those attention. He snaps some pictures too, sending them to Kyungsoo with cute caption and bunches of emojis (and Baekhun only get seen in return).

He buys the biggest padlock and write inside the big heart he drew on the padlock.

EOMMA'S LOVE— Appa and Sooyoung

and sends the picture of it to Kyungsoo (after he accidentally sent it to best friend).

They both had dinner at some beef restaurant before heading home.

The next morning, Baekhyun woke up to the smell of something cooking on the stove before he groggily walks out the room only to be greeted by a small woman in a blue apron.

"Baekhyun, you're up?" Kyungsoo continues to stir something in the pot while taking a glance at Baekhyun.

"Kyungsoo? You're already home? I thought I had another week," Baekhyun mumbles sleepily, though it's slowly fading away by the shock.

"Haha well, I can't wait to be home so I took the earliest flight home," Kyungsoo turns off the stove and moves to wrap her arms around Baekhyun waist. 

Baekhyun slumps against Kyungsoo, letting Kyungsoo small body to support his weight. 

"You don't know how much I miss you," Baekhyun drapes his arm over her shoulder, nuzzling into the warm body. 

"I know, Baek. I know," Kyungsoo softly pats Baekhyun back, chuckling when Baekhyun breath tickles her neck. 

Baekhyun is softly breathing, as if falling asleep once more. So Kyungsoo pushes him onto the chair, scolding him for falling asleep in the kitchen before moving around to grab the food. 

Kyungsoo misses Baekhyun but she doesn't want to fail Baekhyun plan so didn't do anything to distract Baekhyun— not texting or calling him. When she saw the pictures of them two going out and having fun, she felt kind of falling out so immediately looked up for the earliest flight and it's only departing at 8 pm. So when the plane touched the Incheon ground, all the lights were mostly out already. 

The first place she went first after entering the house was her daughter room but Kyungsoo couldn't find her. But the view that greeted her as soon as she entered her room was so endearing. Sooyoung was neatly tucked beside Baekhyun, who's clad in loose shirt —looking so cuddly and fast asleep. Kyungsoo can't help but to coo at that sight and snapped few picture. 

Well, she's happy that everything seems to be working out for Baekhyun. 

But well, another issues might come later and Kyungsoo hope things gonna work well for her too. 

 

A/n: well, I really don't have any idea to what's going on in this chapter though I am really sorry for(accidentally) updating an unfinished chapter last week. And btw, I really want to potray the Korean way of talking so I use the endearment that would sounds like how a Korean would talk (though it seems like failing) but anyways, enjoy and comment ^^ -faith t.c