Where His Heart's At

тнe velveт тнrone ⚜ draввle collecтιon
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Where His Heart's At

Suga x you   [BTS]
romance, slice of life, school!au, love triangle
2.083 words
dec. 6th 2016

                A small breeze passed by, gently messing with your hair, but going unnoticed by you. Your back was touching the cold concrete of the wall behind you, your hands strongly holding onto your mobile device, one side of the earphone plugged in your ear and the other hanging down, leaving your other ear free to listen to those two people’s words. Another chill breeze hit your cheeks and you held your breath for a moment as if it would help you to hear better.

                “…and I’m not sure of what these feelings are,” the female voice, Misook, said and a couple of silent seconds went by. “I think… I’ve come to the point where I like you.”

                Your fingers quickly tightened around your phone, waiting for the answer. Another quiet moment went by and you had to gather all your strength not to look back, around the corner, at them.

                “We’ll talk about it later. Come on,” you heard Yoongi say.

                Part of your heart became lighter when he didn’t say he liked her back right there and you released the air in your lungs. In a fast move, you fished a lollipop in your pocket, pushed it in your mouth and tapped your phone so the song would start playing. You relaxed your expression and looked ahead, through the roof’s protection bars and to the city’s view, as the footsteps came closer.

                “Oh?” Yoongi suddenly stopped when he saw you.

                You pretended you didn’t hear him. The girl lifted her head and saw you, her expression became harder at the same second.

                “Were you here all along?” she asked in an annoying tone.

                You slowly turned your head to them, quickly glancing down and checking their hands weren’t in each other. You bit inside your cheek to avoid a smile – due relief and his handsome figure with long legs and an irresistible smile – then took the lollipop off your mouth and tapped your phone again, stopping the music.

                “Hey,” you simply said.

                “You were spying on us!” she shouted.

                You raised an eyebrow at her, looked back at the spot they were standing just seconds prior and back at them.

                “You were here? What were you going to do? Jump off the roof?”

                She released an impatient sharp sound, surprising Yoongi, and marched out the door under your gazes.

                “Geez, she hates me and I don’t even know her name.” a lie.

                He laughed.

                “Come on,” he pointed to the door.

                “Later.”

                “Skipping class?”

                “Nah…”

                He stood there, looking at you with a somewhat amused smile.

                “Okay,” he said and left, but not without noticing one side of your earphone unplugged.

 

                One step after another, you were quickly reaching the meeting point, in front of the fountain. The night was cold, the streets were nearly crowded due being a weekend night, and you were more than happy. It was not a date. In fact, it was very far from it, all of your classmates would be there, but still, it would be the first time you’d be out with Yoongi. You spotted your classmates and hurried there, meeting them.

                “You’re here!” one of your girl friends hugged you.

                “Yes, I told you I was coming,” you smiled. “Who are we waiting for?”

                “Yoongi’s still not here,” one of the boys said.

                As if a joke, your phone rang, his name on the screen.

                “Yah, where are you? You’re the only one missing here,” you said.

                “Ah, I… I think I’m lost…” you hear his embarrassed tone.

                “But… how?”

                “I caught the wrong subway, maybe.”

                “Seriously?” you laughed. “And how long until you get here?”

                “I don’t know, I--”

                “Yoongi-ah!” a strident, very known voice interrupted him. Misook.

                “Ah crap…” you whispered under your breath.

                “Oh? Ah, Misook, hey!”

                “What are you doing around here?”

                “I’m lost, I need to get to the fountain.”

                “What fountain?”

                “The Cupid…?” he said, uncertain, and she laughed.

                “The Cherub Fountain.”

                “Yes!”

                “Come on, I’m going to that side too.”

                “Really? Great!” he returned to the phone. “I’ll be there in a moment, tell everyone to wait,” he said and hung up.

                “Yah, yah. Yah! Min Yoongi!” you shouted and looked at your phone only to see the call had ended. “Seriously,” you mumbled and shoved your phone back into your purse.

                “Where is he?” a boy asked.

                “He’s on his way,” you coldly answered and crossed your arms, looking away.

                Everyone was joking, talking and playing around, all the while you discreetly gazed around to try and spot him coming, but not earlier than half an hour did he arrive. And to your surprise, with that annoying keychain. You rolled your eyes as the boys went to pick on him for being late and dumb enough to get himself lost. The girls approached and you followed them, but kept some steps behind.

                “Well, you’re here, I’ll get going…” Misook said.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter