The World Behind My Wall

тнe velveт тнrone ⚜ draввle collecтιon
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The World Behind My Wall

Myungsoo x OC   [Infinite]
romance, steampunk, fantasy, au, fairytale
1.399 words
nov. 18th 2016

                “I’ve looked everywhere...” Myungsoo, the most famous designer and crafter of the village, mumbled to himself, absentmindedly playing with the gears embedded on the palm of his left hand. Like most of his folk, Myungsoo’s body had its percentage of metal and gears replacing malfunctioning or lost limbs. In his case, more than half of his back, the front of both his knees and his left hand.

                And that’s how people of The Gear lived; using technology and science to repair anything on their reach to survive. Very distinct from The Trees, who believed mostly in nature and that things should stay the way they were created, or the way they happened. And also, a little bit of magic. The main reason why The Wall was there was to make clear that those two people should never encounter, they didn’t belong to the same world, and never would.

                His eyes were wandering around the sea and meeting The Wall, the no ending, tall piece of almost indestructible concrete that divided those two nations.

                The sharp sound of engines took him off his daydreaming time. A little robot similar to a dog looked up at him with concern.

                “Shall we go home now?” the boy smiled to Jin, the little machine, making it release an excited sound. “Jin needs some oil, I guess, huh?” he laughed. “Let’s go home.”

                At the same second he turned around to head back, he heard a loud thump along with a crashing noise. Myungsoo and his pet immediately turned around to where it came. A strange tug on his heard made his legs run without the command of his brain, the robot following closely.

                “Come on, boy, where did it come from?” he asked, slightly out of breath. Jin ran faster, having registered the exact spot where the sound had occurred, extremely close to The Wall.

                Myungsoo ran behind him, stopping right away as soon as he laid eyes on the figure steps ahead. A feminine upper body trying to lift herself up using a large, fallen trunk as support. The boy resumed running to her, growing even more worried as he saw her pained face.

                Jin approached her, screeching non-stop and making her even more frightened than she already was.

                “It’s ok, boy. I found her, come up here,” Myungsoo said, making her look up at him.

                The air stopped in her lungs as she admired his face, and he did the same. After some seconds, he stepped closer to her.

                “Are you ok, miss?” he asked while kneeling down, she slightly nodded. Myungsoo tilted his head and approached even more. “You… seem very familiar to me. Have we met?”

                Ahri’s smile couldn’t be wider even if she wanted. She nodded her head excitedly.

                “I knew it!” Myungsoo said. “You’re the one! The girl I’ve been looking for!”

                He placed a hand on her jaw line, his fingers slightly brushing against her neck, feeling it cold. He pushed a little of her hair away and looked at her neck, seeing a piece of metal replacing her skin. He lightly furrowed his eyebrows. The girl he remembered was supposedly on the other side of The Wall, she probably belonged to The Trees. But as far as he knows, he had hit his head hard that day, and of course he couldn’t fall for a girl who belonged to the other side.

                “What’s your name?”

                Ahri kept her excitement while speaking out her name, but no sound came out of .

               

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter