A Man Like You

тнe velveт тнrone ⚜ draввle collecтιon
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

A Man Like You

Jinyoung x OC   [GOT7]
romance, scifi, au, fairytale
1.595 words
dec. 1st 2016

                Jaein had her eyes focused on the ceiling of her room. In complete silence, she was able to listen to the whole spaceship orbiting around the solar system. She sighed, displeased with the path her life was going.

                Life in the spaceship wasn’t easy, especially when you’re the daughter of the ruler. And especially when your father wants you to marry someone despite what your feelings are telling you, only for the sake of getting a proper man. Anyone owning an intelligent mind to keep up with the works needed in the spaceship.

                The entire humanity was inside huge pieces of junk that endlessly rotated around the sun and stars, resources were always a problem, life was in constant danger, glitches in the system were found all the time; progress and innovation was all he was thinking about, and nothing else. And what better way to gather strong allies than to marry her own daughter with this man?

                “Jaein!” a voice echoed through her mind.

                She shot up, sitting still on her bed and looking in the direction of the automatic doors that led to the balcony.

                “Who’s there?” the girl asked while jumping off the bed and walking to the doors.

                The pair of thick glass opened and revealed the young man who had just landed on the steel floor. Jaein stood there, looking at him while he regained balance and slowly looked up at her with a soft smile.

                “It’s Jinyoo,” he said, and immediately cleared his throat, correcting himself. “Programming Engineer Jinyoo.” he posed, stamping a furious expression on the girl’s face.

                “I do not wish to see you,” she turned around to enter her room.

                “No, wait! Please…” he took some steps ahead.

                Jaein pressed a button near the doors and ten bright red dots aimed around his body. He cut his breath short while slowly stepping back, his body meeting the parapet.

                “Ok, ok, easy…” he nearly whispered while trying to climb the parapet and somehow mislead the red laser.

                Jaein took a look from over her shoulder and saw the fright in his eyes. For a second, something sparkled inside her and she was more than sure she had seen him somewhere. she turned around on her heels and pressed the button again, making the laser retreat and shut down. Jinyoung sighed in relief.

                “Do I know you?” she lifted an eyebrow while starring at him.

                “D-do you… no! No.” he nervously smiled.

                “You remind me of someone… I met around the discarded pieces shop…” she tilted her head.

                “Discarded pieces? That’d be impossible, I rarely need something from there. And even if I did, I have people who go to this kind of place for me. I even have people who go to this kind of place for my people,” he said while trying his best to perform a convincing smile, but clearly failing. “So, it couldn’t have been me.”

                Jaein rolled her eyes and sighed. “No… I guess not…” she shook her head and turned around again.

                The small device embedded inside his ear buzzed slightly, indicating it had finished analyzing the situation completely.

                “Talk about her. Make a compliment. Pick a feature,” its robotic voice said.

                Jinyoung cleared his throat as a way to get her attention back. She turned around and looked at him, leaning against the door.

                “Hm, Jaein… You’re very…”

                “Wonderful. Magnificent. Glorious. Punctual!”

                “Punctual!” Jinyoung repeated.

                “Punctual?” she furrowed her eyebrows in confusion.

                “I mean… beautiful,” he smiled nervously.

                “Sorry. Nice recovery,” the robotic voice said.

                Jinyoung would surely punch its face if it had one.

                It was a totally independent artificial intelligence device that contained more than two hundred percent of a human’s brain capacity, its own conscience and ability to interact with people. Legends added that this single device could do completely anything its owner could possibly want, except for three things: killing someone, bringing someone from the dead, and making true love happen. Unfortunately, it could only be used for a total of 72 hours per person who found it, so its time had to be wisely managed. Another part of the legend said that only the most capable, smart man could be able to use the device to update itself to the point where its lifespan would be eternal.

                Jaein lifted an eyebrown, straightening her leather waistcoat before slowly walking u

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter