Lips

Anatomy of Love and Dreams
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

It had been a few weeks since Taeyong spent 50 000 won on earrings he gave to Ten at Doyoung’s oddly successful party (it’s odd because a party hosted by the book club is never successful). He didn’t even know why Taeyong bought those expensive piercing. No, scratch that, Taeyong was hoping he’d get at least a kiss from the younger after all that, and now he’s complaining because he was craving for pizza and chicken but all he has is ramyeon. Taeyong stared at the boiling water, thinking intently about last week’s event and how the night just ended there. He breaks the dried noodles into two quite aggressively before throwing it into the pot of boiling water, that’s when there was a knock and Taeyong groaned approaching  the door.

“Can I borrow your jacket?” Yuta asks, walking pass Taeyong without giving him any formal introduction

“Good Morning to you too.” Taeyong rolled his eyes “Don’t you have your own jacket? And if I recall you have far more jackets than I have.”

Taeyong went to his room getting the said jacket that Yuta likes to borrow more often than he probably should. It didn’t make sense to Taeyong because quite frankly Yuta has the same looking jacket as the one Taeyong has but the Japanese lad said his just didn’t felt right.

“You keep borrowing this, when you have a same one at your closet.” Taeyong snickered handing Yuta the black leather jacket. The Japanese male smiled at him and put the jacket on, while Taeyong watches his movements. Taeyong then noticed his face, and his lips curving into a grateful smile “Are you wearing lipstick?”

“N-No” Yuta tried to hide his lips, it in the process while biting it. if Taeyong wasn’t so far up Ten’s he would’ve find Yuta’s actions irresistible, and the fact that he’s been craving lips on his didn’t help at all “m-my lips are usually like this.” Yuta muttered out earning a loud cackle from Taeyong

“You can fool anyone, but not me Yuta. We both know your lips are always chapped” Taeyong wiped a tear that managed to escape through his laughing fit “what shade of orange is that even?”

“It’s coral!” Yuta pouted, his eyebrows meeting “it’s not even mine, it’s Doyoung’s, I just tried it out?”

“Are you off on a date?” Taeyong teased with a playful smirk

“That’s none of your business Lee Taeyong.” Yuta punched Taeyong lightly before heading to the door

“Just so you know, you have lipstick stains on your teeth” Taeyong chuckled before heading to the kitchen to get back to his ramyeon and continue contemplating on the 50 000 won he spent on earrings. Seriously, where did I get that 50 000 won he thought.

As Yuta made his way out of Taeyong’s dorm room, he pulled out a small mirror and wiped the said lipstick stain on his teeth, and there in deed was, Taeyong wasn’t just messing with him. He shook at the thought that he’s actually wearing lipstick to meet up with a guy, not just any guy but Ji Hansol. It wasn’t even a date! Hansol just asked if Yuta could accompany him in buying a gift for his niece and maybe grab lunch together. Yuta let out a sigh before exiting the building and heading to his and Hansol’s meeting place, which is the café near campus.

Once Yuta entered the café, Hansol waved his hands to the direction of the latter so he could spot him easily.

“Have you waited long?” Yuta asked, sitting across Hansol

“Not really.” The taller smiled “I just ordered us coffee.”

There was a silent pause between them until the coffee that Hansol ordered were served and Yuta was the one to break the silence

“Where are we going toda-“

“Are you wearing lipstick?”

Hansol asked out of the blue, cutting Yuta off. So it wasn’t just me thinking he was staring at my lips

“Sorry” Hansol shook his head, as if he wasn’t meant to say that out loud “Maybe your lips are naturally like that.”

Hansol tore his gaze away from Yuta, looking anywhere but the latter but then he realized Yuta asked a question and now he was stammering to answer

“I- uh- we- we’re going to a mall near here” Hansol let out an awkward chuckle that Yuta oddly finds cute. The Japanese lad only could only nod before proceeding to drink his coffee.

 

“How old is your niece?” Yuta asked as they scanned the shelves on the store

“She’s 16” Hansol spoke “I think, or maybe she’s 17 now, I don’t know.”

Yuta only laughed at Hansol uncertainty before picking up a plush toy from the shelf “How ‘bout this?”

“She’s 16, Yuta” Hansol scoffed “Not 10”

“So? I’m 22 and I still like plushies” the Japanese male pouted

“Then maybe I should buy you this instead.” Hansol spoke so casually taking the plush toy from Yuta’s hands and resting it by his hips

“What?” Yuta was taken aback, he secretly wanted the plush toy for himself but didn’t actually expect Hansol to buy it for him “I- Uh No, that’s – we’re supposed to be buying a present for your niece.”

“We are” Hansol smiled “And I just happen to want to buy you a present as well, I think you secretly want this plush toy, Yuta.”

And so Hansol ended up buying two gifts, a pretty dress for his niece and a cat plush toy for Yuta.  The Japanese lad didn’t even let the saleslady bag up the plush toy and instead, he was carrying it around by his arms like a 7 year old kid who can’t leave the house without a toy in hand. Yuta would stop by every minute just to adore the plushie in his arms and Hansol and can’t but to smile at the sight of it.

“If I didn’t know better, I would think you’re just a really tall 7 year old.” Hansol chuckled while walking beside Yuta as they make their way to the food court

“At least I’m cute,” Yuta snickered while hugging the plush toy tighter

“You are.”

Yuta had to halt, leaving him behind while Hansol walked a few steps ahead of him already before he noticed the younger wasn’t following behind. He faced Yuta with a questioning look before the latter just shook his head and trailed behind the taller, still dazed on what he said and a light blush tinting his cheeks.

“What would you like to eat?” Hansol asked looking around the food court “I kind of want Japanese for lunch.”

The way Hansol said it was in a mischievous tone and if Yuta was going to let his mature mind wander, he’d definitely consider that as an innuendo, so Yuta blushed uncontrollably while nodding timidly.

They sat at the far end of the food court where there were less noisy people and the grilling of meat is the only thing that’s audible while everyone’s voices were muffled. The two both ordered large bowls of Katsudon, and while Yuta was stuffing his face with katsu and eggs, Hansol was picking at the food, cutting them evenly before placing it in his mouth and chewing thoroughly. Yuta was almost finished with his bowl when he noticed Hansol hasn’t even eaten half of it.

“You eat like a bird!” Yuta commented with his face still stuffed with katsudon

“And you eat like a Hamster.” Hansol laughed, wiping the side of Yuta’s mouth with his thumb without a warning causing the younger to blush again “Seriously, how are you not choking?”

Hansol laughed as Yuta tried hard to swallow the food in his mouth but was kind enough to offer him a glass of water.

“Careful, I still want to go back to campus with a breathing companion.” Hansol laughed while patting Yuta’s back as he coughed but the latter only glared at him.

“Hansol, where are you from?” Yuta asked, but for the sake of having another topic to talk about than actually out of keen interest, Yuta figured Hansol would just  say Seoul and the conversation would end there but Yuta listened intently, gaining more interest when Hansol replied “Busan” instead

“Ohh” Yuta wooed, he secretly liked a man with an accent, but he wasn’t admitting that to Hansol just yet “Speak with a dialect then.”

“I buried my dialect along with the criticism they gave me when I told them I had bigger dreams.”

Yuta expected Hansol to just comply and speak a casual phrase with a slight undertone of a different accent but he didn’t expect a sudden outburst of Hansol’s buried past

“What criticism? What? Who- Who would criticize someone with a dream” Yuta stammered out while Hansol just let out a sigh

“I was supposed to help with my family’s farm and fishing once I finished high school but it turns out I had bigger dreams in the field of ecology and agriculture” Hansol look into Yuta’s eyes and smiled “I believe that in order to gain more success is investing in knowledge. If I had a degree that relates to agriculture then I may actually make my parent’s lives easier by expanding whatever little land and farm we own, but my parents never thought about that, they only thought that I should we grateful of what we already have.”

Suddenly ecology and agriculture held more value to Yuta. He took this course because of the fact that he likes flowers and plants, it’s something that interests him but now what he learns held more meaning after what Hansol just told him, because unlike him, Hansol actually had something to prove. Hansol was really making Yuta realize a lot of things and along with that he may have realized something a guy like him shouldn’t feel towards another guy.

 

 

It was a week just before spring break and Jaehyun had told everyone at their table one day to come to his parent’s beach house for vacation. Of course nobody could say no to a rest from their hectic university life so everyone agreed. Jaehyun also didn’t forget to ask his friends to invite someone over because in Jaehyun’s book, the more the merrier.

With that in mind, Taeyong had to sprint over to the art department right after he was dismissed for lunch. When Taeyong got there Ten was just leaving, his sketchbook in hand as he made his way out of his class. Ten had to stop and flash a huge smile when he spotted Taeyong waving at him, the younger jogs up to the taller.

“I was just about to go to you.” Ten smiled.

Taeyong grabbed a hold of the sketchbook Ten was holding as he offered his free hand for Ten to laced his fingers with. Taeyong led Ten out the building and proceeded there way downtown university. For the past few weeks the pair had been going to different restaurants that were within the area, Ten had made it his goal to try every single one of the mini restaurants located near the university and Taeyong didn’t mind accompanying the younger.

As they were walking down the street Taeyong unconsciously flips through Ten’s sketchbook, immediately stopping when caught a glimpse of a well-drawn sketch of someone’s lips.

“Who’s lips are these?” Taeyong asked curiously; when Ten didn’t answer for a couple of seconds he looked up at the younger “Ten?”

“Yours.” Ten mumbled.

Taeyong almost laughed but he looked at the sketch more intently and it was, that was his lips. The older didn’t know if he should be flattered or scared by the fact that Ten knows his anatomy more himself.

“You know,” Taeyong trails “For you to actually get this right you have to at least stare at my lips a few times.” The older had a teasing undertone which made Ten blush looking away.

“Tell me, Tennie.” Ten could almost hear the huge smirk on Taeyong’s lips “Have you been staring at my lips?”

“I-Uh- No, you see” Ten stuttered and that was enough for Taeyong to laugh loudly, clutching his stomach. The younger glared at him, yanking the sketchbook from the taller’s grip and sprinting his way ahead of Taeyong

“Hey, Ten wait up!” Taeyong jogs to catch up with the younger, still muffling laughs

“Don’t talk to me!” Ten pouts, pushing Taeyong away slightly

‘Aw come on, Ten” Taeyong finally managed to stop laughing as he caught hold of the younger’s smaller hand “I’m sorry”

Ten pulls his hand back and walks even faster ahead but with the advantage of Taeyong’s slightly longer legs, he caught up with the younger easily

“Hey, I’m sorry, okay?” Taeyong sighs “if it makes you feel any better, I was going to invite you to Jaehyun’s beach house for spring break.”

“Beach house?” Ten’s eyes sparkled at the mention of a beach house, this made Taeyong chuckled again but he managed to supress his by nodding “I love beaches!”

“I can see.” Taeyong smiles, while wrapping his arms around Ten’s shoulders “Come on, I’m hungry. Where’s that chicken place you’ve been telling me.”

And with that the two ate lunch together at a small chicken restaurant while exchanging stories about how their classes went.

 

 

“You’re inviting everyone to your parent’s beach house this spring break?!” Doyoung practically screeches when he barges into Jaehyun’s room after his classes ended. The room is actually more of their shared room than it is “Jaehyun’s room” because ever since second year of college Doyoung and Jaehyun are used to sleeping in the same bed, but no one needs to know about that, after all it was platonic, that’s what they both try to convince themselves.  Doyoung and Jaehyun’s friendship is at the level of comfortableness where they’re okay with sharing anything. From shampoos, toothpaste, clothes and even a bed, Doyoung doesn’t mind sharing as long as it’s with Jaehyun. They are aware that they act like a married couple so their friends don’t have to remind them constantly. The two have been best friends since highschool and throughout their college they have been roomates. Doyoung wants to say he’s sick of Jaehyun but he’s not. He likes look at Jaehyun’s sleeping face every morning before he gets up an hour too early before his classes actually starts. It’s never weird between them when they shower together in the morning when the younger is running late, and it’s never weird when Jaehyun’s parents encourage Doyoung to date their son than his past girlfriends, and it’s most definitely not weird when there’s odd between them from a drunken mistake back in the first year of college

 

“Truth or Dare?” Doyoung squeaks when the bottle landed on Jaehyun.

It was their first day in college and all freshmens were supposed to be gathered for a welcoming party but the two decided to ditch that and get drunk in their dorm room instead.

“Truth” Jaehyun boldly says

“Did you ever consider me as more than a friend?” Doyoung says without even thinking. His mind is in the haze and his mouth has no more filter when speaking his thoughts. Jaehyun was taken aback, he was most likely sober, founding out that he had high alcohol tolerance compared to the older

“I-I don’t know” Jaehyun stuttered, now that he thinks about it, he’s more affectionate to Doyoung than any girl he’s ever dated, which shouldn’t mean anything because they were best friends but right now Jaehyun could only think that it’s more than that. “I think I do”

“Me too.” They were silent for a minute before Doyoung screeches “Your turn!”

“Oh, okay, truth or dare?” Jaehyun fidgets the hem of his shirt

“Dare!” Doyoung exclaimed after chugging a bottle of beer

Jaehyun wanted Doyoung to kiss him, that’s the only thing running in his mind, that’s the only thing he could ever asks because in that moment that’s the only thing he wants and maybe that’s the only thing he ever wants. But Jaehyun had to restrain himself from taking advantage of the intoxicated older.

“I think we should stop playing” Jaehyun coughs awkwardly as he stood up

“No!” Doyoung pulls him to sit back down “I said Dare! Give me a dare Jaehyun!”

Jaehyun had to grip both Doyoung’s wrist as he stared into the older’s eyes

“Kiss me”

As soon as the words left Jaehyun’s mouth, it was quickly replaced with Doyoung’s soft lips landing on his. It was slow yet so desperate, as if years of pent up emotions were poured into the kiss. Somehow Jaehyun wants to believe that Doyoung wanted this as much as he did; that whatever passion Doyoung was pouring into the kiss was his feelings for the younger because believing that maddde Jaehyun somewhat comforted.

It didn’t stop with a kiss, it didn’t even stop when it turned into a heated make-out session and it also didn’t stop when they were both lying in bed without anything separating them in a panting, mess.

But the next day, Jaehyun had to wake up earlier than Doyoung. He had to clean up the older, putting on fresh new clothes on him, one that didn’t stain last night’s bad decisions. They never spoke of it, Jaehyun thinks Doyoung doesn’t remember and Doyoung thinks Jaehyun regrets it.

It was never weird even then; they stayed the same even if that night their feeling changed.

 

“Is there a problem with me inviting our friends?” Jaehyun spoke up but not looking up at the older as he continues to scroll through his phone. Doyoung doesn’t like it when he’s not answered properly as Jaehyun was no exception, even in most times he is. The older yanks Jaehyun’s phone out of his hands

“Answer me properly”

“Yes, Kim Dongyoung-ssi, I am invitin

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter