Eyes

Anatomy of Love and Dreams
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chapter 5: Eyes

Ten was having a dilemma. He was indecisive of what he should draw, or more likely, who he should draw. He got out his phone and started searching for random people until he decided it was ordinary if he drew a random celebrity; He didn’t see the authenticity and depth within it because he knows a lot of people try to draw famous personalities. With that he thought hard, closing his eyes. Upon closing his eyes he was then reminded of big brown doe like eyes that belonged to someone in particular. Someone he was very astonished by this person’s features. When he snapped his eyes open ready to sketch it out. He was startled seeing the exact same eyes he was thinking about looking directly at him.

“Ah!” he screeches holding his chest “Taeyong! What the hell you scared me.”

“I thought you were sleeping.” Taeyong muttered with his eyebrows furrowed

Ten stared at him for at least 5 seconds telling him to “Hold still.”

“What?” Taeyong asked but he didn’t move “Why”

There, Ten started sketching his eyes along with his brows and lashes. He had his tongue stick out making Taeyong chuckle.

When Ten finally looked up he saw Taeyong staring at him

“Why are you here anyways?” Ten asked getting back to drawing “did you miss me so soon?”

“I came you get my lunchbox.” Taeyong replied in a monotone “You insisted on washing it for me.”

Ten looked at him once again then started bringing his hand up, as if he’s trying to reach for something. Taeyong immediately grab a hold of his arm stopping his actions

“What are you doing?” Taeyong asked almost sternly. Ten pulled his hand back and picked up the debris off Taeyong’s hair “There’s something on your hair.” Ten spat defensively “What’s your problem?”

“N-nothing.” Taeyong looked down “Sorry.”

Ten dropped his pencil on the table harshly and reached for his bag “Here.” He shoved Taeyong’s lunch box in front of him and got up his chair, exiting the room. But before he could do that Taeyong gripped his wrist and looked up at him with pleading eyes. Ten sighed and sat next to Taeyong.

“I thought you were going to reach for my cheek.” Taeyong sighed

“What’s wrong if I did?” Ten looked at him

“M-my mother used to always to that to me, and I never allowed people to do the same.” Taeyong voiced crack, tears threating to spill once again.

Ten did a bold move and caressed Taeyong’s cheek, catching the tears that have fallen with his thumb. Taeyong didn’t flinch nor move away but instead, he found himself leaning into the younger’s touch. Taeyong wiped his own tears off and chuckled bitterly “I’m sorry. Boys shouldn’t cry. I’m sorry for letting you see me like this.”

“What?” Ten was taken aback. He was shocked with what Taeyong told him. What’s so wrong with boys shedding a tear? Never in Ten’s life was he told that he couldn’t cry, his mother even encouraged him to cry if he ever felt pain. She says it’s good to let out emotions through tears.

“M-my Appa said that boy’s shouldn’t cry.” Taeyong breathed in “He told me to it up and never shed a tear because if we do, it shows weakness. Men experience more pain, so if we cry when we receive pain what will become of our body if we continue to release tears. We would become dehydrated. At least, that what Appa told me.”

“Why would he tell you that?”

“I used to come with him to work. His work is to examine dead bodies and I use to cry because I thought of the dead person’s families. He used to scold me by crying and constantly reminded me not to do it.”

Ten was left speechless, he didn’t know what he would do if he was told not to cry. There, he hugged Taeyong tightly. “I know I’m not an expert in human anatomy like you are but there’s one thing you don’t know, it’s that people need to cry to express emotions, its cathartic in a way but really, the eyes needs to be cleanse sometimes.”

That day something triggered within Taeyong. Maybe he could trust this Thai boy, he was the only one thoughtful and sensitive enough to consider Taeyong’s emotions but at the same time he was sacred because Ten himself was causing Taeyong too much emotions, an emotions filled with admiration. Eh didn’t want to admit it but he is slowly falling for the younger.

Taeyong couldn’t help the tears streaming down his cheek and what’s more comforting is that Ten just let them escape while the younger hugs him. He wasn’t even crying because he was reminded by his mother but he was crying because maybe now has somehow that could take his mother’s place; He was crying because finally, he found Ten.

Taeyong doesn’t know what has gotten into him but he always felt the need that Ten should be by his side at all times. He was waiting at the art department for Ten to finish with class so they could have lunch together.

“Ten-ah!” Taeyong called once he saw the younger exiting the building. He was walking with a taller brunette while laughing and he couldn’t help his blood boil.

“Oh, Taeyong.” The younger stopped in his tracks “What are you doing here?”

“I came to have lunch with you.” Taeyong said, his teeth gritting as he was eyeing the taller but when his eyes met Ten’s he put on a big smile for the younger.

“Well, I’m going to have lunch with Johnny.” Ten muttered as he held this Johnny close by his side “Seo here finally agreed to treat me to my favourite chicken place downtown university.”

“B-But I made you Kimchi stew and bulgogi.” Taeyong pouted “You always like my cooking, right?”

“Uh- Yeah but I’ve been craving for chicken for these past few days Taeyong, sorry. Maybe next time” Ten felt guilty but he somehow wanted to spend more time with Johnny, he felt like the taller Chicago lad had been neglected by him.

Taeyong felt helpless. He couldn’t do anything if the younger wanted to spend more time with his other friend even though he had anticipated on having lunch with younger since yesterday. He breathed out a sigh and sadly walked back to the science department with his ful

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter