Heart

Anatomy of Love and Dreams
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Heart

In our body there are things we need to feel in order for us to explain it further. When we see our heart, science’s descriptive way of picturing it, is simply a hallow muscle that pumps blood but as humans who feel emotion we see our heart as more than a vessel but instead an instrument to love. It serves as an emblematic or a symbolism for what we feel when we act upon infatuation or that bliss we feel when it suddenly thumps rapidly against our rib cage when we see that certain person. It’s easy to say that our heart is just an organ that is part of the circulatory system but what’s hard to accept is that it can break with a completely different reason and what’s harder to accept is that the greater damage it can endure isn’t physically but always emotionally.

Taeyong was at a lab examining a human heart. To say he was stunned was an understatement, he was tinkering with an actual heart and easily classifying each artery and vessel. He didn’t understand why he was so fascinated by human anatomy but everything about what makes a human was just so enticing to taeyong. He appreciated people’s structure and he was more than willing to understand even what goes on inside a human even the things science couldn’t possibly explain.

Flashback

“Taeyong-Ah!” Taeyong’s mum called. Taeyong was always so stunned by his mother’s beauty, it was exquisite. He wanted to know and understand how humans could possibly look as breathtaking as his mother and how they could be so kind hearted at the same time. Taeyong later knew that only few people contained both traits and if he ever found another one like that he’s consider them rarer than a gem. “Oh dear. Taeyongie you have a wound again.” Taeyong’s mom tried to stop the bleeding to which taeyong just stared at it curiously. “Eomma, why is it bleeding?  And why is the inside red and not like my skin?” His mother smiled lightly at him. Taeyong wasn’t like the other kids who would cry about the pain when they’re bleeding, instead taeyong would ask why he’s bleeding. “Because our skin was never meant to be scraped or damage and when we do it’s a reminder that we lose something along the way and pain comes with it.” Taeyong was still curious, he wanted to know what was inside of him that wasn’t meant to be damage but he knew in order to do that it would cause pain “but it doesn’t matter if I get hurt eomma. I want to know what’s in humans and maybe I can help others so they won’t feel pain anymore.” From there his mother knew what he would grow up to be.

About an hour later, Taeyong’s Japanese friend Yuta came in the lab looking for the latter.

“Taeyong! What are you still doing? It’s time for lunch. Let’s go I’m hungry.” Yuta said earning a glare from him. “I’m still examining this heart, Yuta. It’s not every day you get to see an actual heart and have the chance to look into it further.” Yuta scrunched up his nose in disgust. Yuta is a biology major like Taeyong but they study two completely different fields in biology. While Taeyong studies the Human Anatomy, Yuta studies Botany and the Ecosystem. The Japanese lad certainly had a passion for flowers and he could name every single one of them with his eyes closed. “Taeyong that is disgusting. Especially that ew... what is that?” Yuta comments as he points on the stringy lining of the heart “These are heart strings Yuta. Did you know that it becomes loose and later on breaks if this person feels profound emotions like immense sadness, let’s say from a heart break?” Taeyong said grinning at his knowledge “Really? The books never thought me that.” Yuta says clearly amused “No, that’s what they don’t teach us.”

*

When Yuta and Taeyong finally went to the cafeteria to get lunch they are met by a grinning Jaehyun waving at them who is sitting beside Doyoung and Taeil.

“Took you two long enough.” Doyoung snickered “Blame Taeyong. He was so caught up playing with a heart, literally.” Yuta pouted

“I’m going to get food for me and Yuta.” Taeyong announced before leaving the table. Once he left Jaehyun, Doyoung and Taeil gave him a glare “what?” Yuta frowned “Is there something on my chin?”

“Oh come on, Yuta. Stop playing dumb. When will you just admit Taeyong that you like him?” Doyoung groaned cutting to the chase “It’s not that easy Doyoung. I value our friendship more than my pathetic crush towards him. besides, he won’t ever like me back anyways so what’s the point on risking it?” Yuta sighed “I could say the same to you though” he muttered only intending for Doyoung to hear it but Jaehyun questioned “What was that?” He clueless asked “N-Nothing” Doyoung panicked to which Jaehyun just raised his eyebrow.

Taeyong came back with a tray filled with 2 plates of food as he sat down next to Yuta. “So guys,” Taeil starts “have you heard of the party this coming Saturday? Yugeom is going to host it and everybody’s been talking about it.”

“It’s this week?” Taeyong asked “Dude, I’m totally coming. You’ll come with me right Yuta?” he asked to which the latter just blushed nodding

“Oh, I heard Sehun sunbae will be there, I don’t know if it’s true.” Jae

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter