Coffee Boy - Of Charming Smiles and an Attention

Nyongtory Dosage Supply (One shots)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

How do I warn you? Its not M rated but you'd probably cringe at the word usage, so be warned!

..............................................................

 

“Hi, Welcome!” Seungri said with his blinding smile, enthusiastically. Its New Year for god sake, lets make these Monday blues go away and cheer them all, he thought

“Hi, Miss, can I get your order please?”

Seungri is working at one of the most famous cafeteria in Seoul. People came here for the ‘impossibly good’ coffee in the morning, they also came here for its signature dish, Cheesy teokbokki in the evening. Seungri had never been fond of coffee to be honest but the pay was good, the environment was brilliant and he got his bestfriend, Daesung with him- who also happens to be the owner’s son- so there’s nothing wrong for doing a part time job here. Plus, he always felt heavy to ask for money from his parents, really, he’s already 21 years old, its time for him to depend on his own backbone.

Today is Monday, 2nd January of the new year 2017. Like always, Seungri have this special spot for new year in his heart. He’s the type of guy who thinks of his New Year’s resolution every year and make a list of To-Do-Things and Bucket List for the year, although he often get only half of it ticked by the end of the year, well half is better than nothing, said Daesung, last few weeks. Unlike Daesung, he tend to dream big, so by the end of the year, usually, he ask himself why did he even thought of this? Because then he realized his wish is absurd. In the end, there is always more than one unticked. Either it was ‘Be the Student Council President’ when he was a first grade, or ‘Watch the eclipse’ when it wasn’t even the year of eclipse. This year though, he has think about it thoroughly, after getting laugh at from his sister for having a wish of ‘Ride a Lamborghini’ on his last year’s wishlist, his hardest, out of his reach, impossible thing-to-do this year is, ‘fall in love’. 

“Oh hi…..Seungri…hi…” the lady in front of him said, after Seungri catch her eyes reading his name tag. She seems nice, and sweet, probably working as a nurse at the hospital down the road. Her skirt is too short though, for a nurse, and he must say, her top seems like to burst if not for the button that is holding each piece at her s. What? Shhh stop staring, Seungri!

“Yes Miss, how can I help you?” Seungri ask instead, the girl seems not to notice his staring before as she reads the menu card carefully

“Uhm…can I have…just a plain milk?”

“What…kind of m- milk?” Seungri said, nonchalantly, without noticing that he’s staring right at the lady’s enormous s, again!

“Well..not the one you’re staring at, obviously” WHA-

“uhm..uhm..sorry” Seungri said, clearing his throat first and peels his gaze away from that ‘thing’

“Im sorry miss, I didn’t mean to..here” Seungri continues, taking off his sweater at the same time and pass it to the lady

“You should wear something more proper…I’m gay but I cant help myself..so I bet you’re going to have a lot of eyes on you if you don’t cover up..these days, men are crazy”

The lady should be pissed off, angry or something. I mean, he was the one staring and for god sake using the gay as an excuse is totally 1990 but she blushed, red and take his sweater off his hand, staring at the ground.

“T-Thank you. I’ll cover up…thanks”

“That’s okay…so just a cup of milk? Is there anything else you need, Miss?”

The lady just nod and shake his head respectively then. Seungri smiled at her again before starting to prepare the drink she needed.

“Here you go miss, its 5 dollar..actually, no. this one is on me, you know, for staring”

“No no no..you don’t have to, mister..”

“Its okay, I insist..please, take it”

“Thank you..thank you so much”

“Have a good day” Seungri says, smiling brightly at the lady before she took the cup of milk and starts to walk to the door. Another customer comes up to the counter and Seungri chant his spell again

“Hi, Wel-“ only to be cut when the lady came back to the counter

“Actually..Seungri-shi”

“Yes?” Seungri said to her spontaneously and then continues to the man in front of him, “Sorry sir, please kindly place your order at the next counter, my colleague will assist you, sorry for the inconvenience” He said, with parted left arms and slightly bowing.

He then return his focus to the lady that is now holding the cup with both hands, leaning her body to the counter a bit, his sweater is hung on her right arm. She looks nervous, and little lost.

“Yes?” He ask again, still smiling warmly

“I- I- I know you already did much- oh yea, how can I give you back your sweater? Wait, no, just take your sweater back, I don’t want to be such a nuisance..actually today I was about to go to the hospital, you know down the road with blue building and I-“

“Whoa whoa, miss…slow down” Seungri said, sliding out from behind the counter through the waist-high swing door and placed his hand on the lady’s shoulder

“You wanna take a sit first?”

“Yeah..yeah” She said, first hesitant, and repeats it again with more determination. Once they are seated, Seungri infront of her, he raises his perfect brows to her, still giving his warm smile

The lady sighs before she collected herself and started talking “I am going to an interview..at the hospital down the road..and to be honest, this is not my nurse uniform, I rented it at some place. Its either too large or this, so I thought, this is better. But when you say it wasn’t appropriate, earlier, I am having second thoughts..should this be okay or not?”

“Aaahh I see, Im sorry for my doings that possibly makes you miserable..may I know where you get this uniform?”

“Its…there’s a boutique few doors from here..the shop is in red colour” Seungri’s eyes widen at that and he could feel heats rushed to his cheeks upon the mentioning of that specific shop. There’s only one shop that is in red, in town..and that is…

“Was it Kink-it? Yea I think that was the name” She continued

Seungri gulps his saliva then

“I-Im Sorry..” why do I stutter? *cough* “Sorry to be rude but you are not from here..is that right?”

“Yea..how do you know that? I’m from Busan”

“Oh well..hmm.. it wasn’t a boutique you are renting it from”

“Huh? Well it sells many uniform though, there’s also a police uniform”

..I am imagining things…aish stop it

“Uhm..whats your name again?”

“Its Yuri”

“Oh..Uhm.. how do I say this, Ms. Yuri…its name was…Kink-it..like…KINK-it…as in K.I.N.K” Seungri said, even spell it for her. His gaze remained on the table, or sometimes on his own hands that are on top of his laps. How do I say this…..

“Huh?” The lady exclaimed, still don’t get the picture

*cough*

“Uhm…” Seungri thinks thoroughly how to say this but there’s really no other way to say it though so he closed his eyes, inhales deeply, this is not my kind of conversation, really, he thought, then with one breathe, he exhaled and said it straight out

“ITSASHOP”

“” He ends up adding the last word and covers his mouth with his hand just when he opens his eyes because now that everybody is staring at him, he just knew that he just said it loudly didn’t he? Oh my god!

People started to whisper around him, giving him an eye up and down, some even make a weird face to him, as if they are disgusted, some even shake their head. Seungri wish that the floor could just swallow him right now. He took a glance to the lady who is now frozen on her seat, and her face beet red. After a while, she started to tug on her shirt, as if it could suddenly stretch a little bigger on her body and Seungri felt really really guilty for her. He facepalm himself before suddenly decided to work things out.

“Look, Im really sorry, I didn’t mean to..but..you really should know..you see..there’s even a lip print on your collar, that is not a nurse uniform” Seungri said, suddenly noticing the lip print when the girl move about on her seat, making her hair set at the back or her shoulder

“I- I thought its just like, a defect..like it’s a second hand uniform, so its normal..I- I- didn’t know”

“I know. Its okay”

Silence

“Hey you know what, Miss Yuri, I think I have a white tee in my car, wait a moment” He said and rushes through the back door of the café, leaving the girl alone, being eaten by the sofa she was seated in.

5 minutes passed until Seungri barged through the door again, walking towards the girl with a white tee perfectly on a hanger in his hand.

“Here..I always have this incase I need to wear anything formal. It may not have the perfect cutting but I think it will make you atleast feel safer”

“T-thank you…really..thank you so much”

“No problem..now you can change in the washroom at the back if you want..I assume your interview is around this time, no?”

The girl take a look at her watch then, and widen her eyes when she see that she have only mere 15 minutes left.

“Oh god oh god oh god, I’m late…I’m super late…where? Washroom? Where- what- where- how- god”

“Hey relax..its okay..interviews usually started late than the original timing they set…its okay, the washroom is at the back, you can change there” Seungri said, placing both of his hands on the lady’s shoulder. Somehow, she reminded him of his sister. Klutz, haha

“Uhh okay..thanks” She said and off she go to the washroom.

Seungri let out a heavy sighs then and turn his heels to face the counter only to see his friend, Daesung is in a mess, talking in full speed and scratching his head once in a while, the order screen is in red alert, as there are many delayed orders that haven’t been delivered to the customers. His colleague, Kwanghee is running here and there with a full tray on his hand, and the queue…oh my god..they even create a snake like bee line because its already pass the entrance door.

“Oh ” Seungri mutters to himself and runs, gets back behind the counter and turn off his ‘counter closed’ sign. Just when the signal is off, suddenly came a loud motor engine sounds on the road parallel to the café and stops just infront of the café, if his instincts were right. Then, the bell rings when the café’s entrance door opens

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter