Little Princess Spotted

Gossip Guy
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

It was one of those nights.

One of those nights where the feelings came crashing down onto him, where Ryeowook didn’t feel like the confident person he usually was. Quietly sighing, Ryeowook allowed himself to slouch as he hugged his bent legs closer to his chest, closing his eyes as he inhaled in the cold night air. Tears welled in his eyes and Ryeowook hastily wiped them away before they could trail down his cheeks. Ryeowook didn’t want to cry, he promised himself that he never would shed a single tear after his parent’s divorce. Yes, all he had been doing recently was cry.

As Ryeowook continued to wipe more tears away, the pain he felt in his chest intensified. It hurt, everything just hurt no matter how hard Ryeowook tried to forget about it, tried to reason it out. The fact that Yesung cheated on him with his best friend felt like a sharp slap to Ryeowook’s face. His relationship with Yesung was at a standstill. Ryeowook wasn’t sure where to go from here or what he should even do. He doesn’t like thinking about Yesung or Donghae and Ryeowook pulled out his phone, staring at the screen. The only distraction in his life lately had been Kyuhyun. As much as Ryeowook hated to admit it, he found himself enjoying the latter’s company. Maybe it was because they got along so well with all the scheming or maybe it was just that Kyuhyun didn’t judge him or made him talk about Yesung or Donghae. Kyuhyun never talked about personal feelings and for that, Ryeowook was thankful.

When the night comes, the thoughts and images and voices filled him to the brink of tears and Ryeowook often found himself here – At a bench in the middle of a quiet park. This used to be his spot with Yesung whenever they wanted to go on quiet dates and at the same time, this used to be his place with Donghae whenever they felt like having heart to heart talks. Ryeowook wondered if Yesung and Donghae had ever met up here, alone behind his back and the visualising of them together sitting close next to each other on this very bench made Ryewook flinched in hurt.

As time passed, Ryeowook allowed himself to be distracted by the thoughts in his head. Unanswered questions, upsetting images filled his mind but Ryeowook simply allowed them to go on, quietly absorbing himself in the internal misery. It wasn’t until a voice caught him off guard as Ryeowook finally snapped back to reality.

“Hey Wookie.”

Ryeowook’s heart skipped a beat at the sound of the husky voice. Unsure of what to do, Ryeowook untangle himself and allowed the man a seat next to him. Ryeowook wasn’t in the mood to fight once more tonight, he wasn’t in the mood to scream and shout. His anger, although still present, had been long been replaced by sadness and disappointment. Besides, this is Yesung, the love of his life. As much as Ryeowook wants to, there was no way Ryeowook would continue being mad at Yesung for a long time.

Placing himself next to Ryeowook, Yesung sighed, tilting his head towards the dark skies. Ryeowook glanced to his side, studying his boyfriend’s handsome face before he felt himself sighing as well.

“I’m sorry.”

Yesung whispered, voice thick with emotions. Yesung’s gaze shifted from the sky to Ryeowook and one look at the glistering eyes, Ryeowook found himself tearing up just as well. He felt Yesung’s emotions, he could see it in his eyes. Yesung’s mouth hesitantly opened to continue speaking but Ryeowook shook his head. Tonight, it was all going to end. Ryeowook didn’t need to hear it. It was time to put everything in the past.

“Please,” Ryeowook begged quietly, hands reaching up to Yesung’s cheeks, “Never do that again, Sungie.”

Yesung nodded quickly and Ryeowook could feel the sincerity in his eyes, the truth behind the nod. Angling his head, Ryeowook pushed himself closer to Yesung and found his lips. Their kiss was slow at first with great hesitation on both ends. Ryeowook hated it, hated this feeling that was never there between them and so, closed his eyes and willed himself to kiss just a little deeper, taste and enjoy the sweet taste of Yesung he loved so much and pretended that he loved it just the same, pretended that everything was going to be alright. This was Yesung, Ryeowook remembered repeating to himself, in the end they would always work out perfectly. Because Ryeowook wouldn’t be him without Yesung. 

***

School was still pretty much the same.

Nothing had changed over the one year that Donghae had disappeared. Not that Donghae expected there to be any change. The socialites still walked around the school proudly with their heads up high and throwing dirty looks to those who were of lower statutes. The students were still hung up on respecting the richest and good-looking kids.

Donghae hated the attention he received as he stepped into the familiar hallways. He straightened his navy blue school blazer and ignored the stares of students looking his way. Some whistled, some tried to stop him but others had just whipped out their phones to take a picture, no doubt sending it to Gossip Guy. He had always been a target to Gossip Guy. Donghae knew he was the blame of it all but he was a changed man now. Gossip Guy wouldn’t be getting anymore dirt on him. Donghae sighed, walking towards the steps which led to the other classes. He would usually meet with Ryeowook there and smiled when he spotted Ryeowook with a few of the other students who often followed him around.

“Ryeowook!” Donghae greeted cheerfully as he approached him.

Ryeowook looked up and a flash of hurt crossed his eyes before he forced a smile. Donghae’s smile dropped upon realizing the tension that was surrounding them. He shifted uncomfortably unsure of what was going on before he realized that Ryeowook was handing out bow ties to the students.

“What’s that?” Donghae curiously asked, pointing at the piece of cloths.

“They’re from Ryeowook’s mum’s latest designs,” One of the students gushed, “The fabric is specially designed from Dubai and they’re really expensive.”

“Not everyone’s allowed to wear this. But the principal always closes an eye when it comes to Ryeowook’s mother designs.”  Another proudly exclaimed as he patted the bow tie, “I can’t believe only we’re allowed to wear this. These bow ties are so much classier than the school’s necktie.”

“Here, this is yours.” Another student said, grabbing a bow tie and handing it out to Donghae, winking, “Of course, wouldn’t forget about you, Donghae. You’re like our role model next to Ryeowook. It’s so good to have you back!”

Donghae blushed and bowed before reaching out for the bow tie only to have it snatched. He was then face to face with Ryeowook who looked unhappy for some reason. Ryeowook cleared his throat before glaring at his little “minions”.

“Boys,” Ryeowook called sternly, “I’ll be the one deciding who gets to wear this.”

Before anyone could add onto anything, Ryeowook snapped his fingers, “Now if you’ll excuse me, I’ve to catch up with my dear old best friend.”

Nodding, they do as they were told, quickly grabbing their bags and disappearing in less than a minute. Donghae watched them disappear before snapping his attention back to Ryeowook.

“What’s that all about?” Donghae asked, clearly confused.

Ryeowook softly chuckled, hands crossing across his chest. “You tell me.”

Donghae tilted his head while Ryeowook exhaled an annoyed huff. He then held up the bow tie and swung it from left to right.

“You see this right here,” Ryeowook said, trying to keep his tone normal. “Isn’t meant for you.”

“Wookie,” Donghae began, “Are you… Still mad at me for leaving?”

Ryeowook threw his head back and laughed before he regained himself, “Oh s

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter