5: Different People, Different Lives

Gossip Guy
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Being back in the spotlight was not how he expected it to be. A year ago, Donghae would bask in the attention but now, he’d rather step aside and not feel so many pairs of eyes on him. He didn’t understand what was it about the people in this city but somehow, they were always watching Donghae’s every move.

He took a deep breath, stepping into the function room. There were a number of familiar faces and Donghae bowed politely, following after his mother. He hated these kinds of events, they were for adults and the only reason he was invited was because he was the son of one of the Korea’s famous designer. Plus, this was Yesung’s father’s event and since they were “friends” according to his mother, it was a must for Donghae to show up.

“So… I guess this is how you usually have your breakfast in the mornings?”

Donghae’s head glanced at the side to Eunhyuk who looked uncomfortable, adjusting the collar around his neck. Feeling apologetic that Donghae had somehow dragged Eunhyuk into this whole mess when Eunhyuk could be off doing something else, Donghae squeezed his arms.

“Sorry you got dragged here,” Donghae apologized quietly, “I don’t know what got into my mother.”

Eunhyuk’s eyes met Donghae, smiling and Donghae blinked when his heart did a random flip. Eunhyuk’s smile… It was kind of nice and Donghae was starting to like seeing it.

“Hey, why don’t we sneak out of here?” Donghae suggested.

Eunhyuk raised his brows, “What about your mother?”

“She’ll be fine,” Donghae waved his hands, “I do this all the time.”

Eunhyuk shrugged, “Then I guess… I don’t mind.”

“Why don’t you head outside first? I’ll distract her.”

Nodding, Eunhyuk did as he was told. He didn’t know what exactly was going on but if Donghae wanted to sneak out, then so be it. He didn’t feel comfortable anyway being here, it wasn’t his place. He followed the path that he had entered and then waited at the entrance. A second later, Donghae appeared but as he walked towards Eunhyuk, someone grabbed him from behind.

“Donghae, wait.”

It was Yesung, Eunhyuk recognized him since they were from the same school and he was Donghae’s best friend’s boyfriend. Donghae quickly pulled his hand out from Yesung’s grip, looking slightly annoyed and panicked.

“Hey, we need to talk.” Yesung spoke softly.

“I’m busy.” Donghae muttered quickly, “Go back inside, Yesung.”

“Hae…”

Donghae opened his mouth to tell Yesung that there shouldn’t be here, right in front of the party where anyone especially Ryeowook could see them but before he could do so, he felt a hand clapping him on his back.

“Oh Donghae, it’s nice to see you here!”

Donghae turned around to find Ryeowook’s mother smiling kindly down at him. He bowed and Yesung muttered something about having to go back into the party before he disappeared.

“I didn’t have a chance to talk to your properly the night you stopped by,” Ryeowook’s mother, Kim Mina smiled, “How have you been?”

“Good, thank you.” Donghae answered.

“You look like you’ve lost a lot of weight though, honey.” Ryeowook’s mother pointed out, “But of course, you still look as handsome as ever.”

Donghae shyly laughed, thanking her before she went on.

“Say, I know this is a bad timing but has Ryeowook mentioned to you about my new clothing line?” She randomly asked.

Donghae shook his head, “I… I don’t think so.”

“Ah, well, I’ve a new clothing line coming up and I was thinking if you and Ryeowook would like to be the face of my line?” She offered, “It was just Ryeowook at first but then of course, how could I forget that the both of you always come in a pair? And you’re certainly handsome enough to fit the job perfectly.”

“Ah,” Donghae swallowed, “That’s a very nice offer, Mrs. Kim.”

“But I… Ah… I’ll have to think about it.”

“Oh, of course you do. It’s quite a sudden proposal.” Ryeowook’s mother nodded in understanding, “Just inform Ryeowook of your decision or stop by our place whenever you feel like it, alright honey?”

Donghae nodded, bowing his head and thanking her before she went back into the party while Donghae walked down the steps where Eunhyuk was still patiently waiting for him. Eunhyuk was looking at him oddly, his face looking like he was in doubt or full of questions.

“Sorry about that,” Donghae apologized.

Eunhyuk waved it off and they walked side-by-side down the sidewalk.

“So….” Eunhyuk suddenly cleared his throat, “I guess… I should go now.”

 “Ah right. I’m sorry I took up so much of your time.” Donghae stopped in his tracks, “Do you need a ride back? I can call my-”

Eunhyuk shook his head, “I’m fine.”

**

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter