1: Orange is the New... Yuck!

Gossip Guy
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

GOSSIP GUY

SIGHTINGS

Our princess-like perfect R spotted with an Organic Orange Oil hand sanitizer in hand, scrubbing his hands diligently after a long day of volunteering. You know it’s definitely R when he attempts to scrub the poor off him.

Y swiping his father’s gold car, buying a new pair of shoes at Louis Vuitton. Black, leather and oh-so-hot. Both the shoes and Y.

K enjoying a newly lit cigarette on the steps of the Deck, slightly buzzed, slightly not.

A familiar it-boy – handsome with doe-like eyes, brown-hair, and a havoc personality to match. Spotted: D amidst the crowd of the Seoul Station, eyes locked on the leaving train from the platform.

Breaking News everyone, D is back from boarding school. Rumour has it that even boarding school kicked him out for being a . Is he back for good? If he is, then I’ll be having a hell of a dirty and wicked year.

I’m looking forward to it.

You know you love me.

Xoxo,

Gossip Guy.

***

 “Have you seen Gossip Guy’s latest post?”

Kim Ryeowook huffed dramatically. Another Gossip Guy post? This better not be about him. Lately, it seemed that was all Gossip Guy had been blogging about lately. Not like Ryeowook didn’t like the attention. He loved it. But he just wished that whoever that sent those pictures of him took better candid pictures. He looked so unprepared for almost all of his pictures in the Sightings section of Gossip Guy’s blog.

“What is it this time?” Ryeowook sighed, blowing carefully onto his newly manicured nails.

“It’s big news, R.” One of Ryeowook’s minions beamed, “It’s Donghae. He’s back.”

Ryeowook’s doe-like eyes snapped to the boys, the words uttered ringing loud and clear in his head repeatedly like a mantra he wanted to forget. Donghae’s back.

His other minion tilted his head at Ryeowook’s sudden expression of confusion, “Wait… Didn’t he tell you?”

Ryeowook avoided the suspicious gazes of both of them. He threw his head back and released a graceful laugh, “Of course, he did!”

“Donghae’s my best friend.” Ryeowook continued, his voice kept confident and sure. “I just… Didn’t expect him to be back so early today.”

“Well… He’s back.” The minion clapped Ryeowook on his back, “Why did you say he left again?”

Ryeowook hastily pushed himself up from the steps of Deck – The social stairway of their High School. He turned around to his two ‘friends’ who watched Ryeowook with full of respect and loyalty in their eyes. They were Ryeowook’s two minions, the only people he allowed himself to hang around with being the person that he was. Ryeowook was the school’s golden boy.

Perfect, polished and princess-like.

Kim Ryeowook was all of those above and more.

Known as the Queen B of Seoul’s High School, Ryeowook had quite the status. Being son of a famous fashion designer and a world-wide known chef, Ryeowook couldn’t help grow up with big dreams and aspirations. He was an overachiever. He started talking as soon as he popped out from his mother’s , he had a meal with the president when he was five, seven, thirteen and then once again when he was sixteen, he was always representing his school in competitions, he did volunteer work on the weekends(involuntary)(He hated poor people)(But he knew it was good for his portfolio) and achieved many more in just eighteen years of his life.  As of now, his future was Yale – A private league university all the way in America.

Ryeowook straightened his navy blazer and then ran a finger down his smooth navy maroon tie. Only Ryeowook and his group of friends wore those special-designed ties to school. Only they were allowed to. Only the popular ones.

“I should go.” Ryeowook excused himself, “I’ve a dinner party to attend tonight.”

“Ooooh, is your mother meeting with that designer you were talking about? The one from Paris?”

Ryeowook scrunched up his nose, “Uh no. I fired him, remember?”

“Right!” His minion snapped, “He prepared a suit for you but you didn’t like the colour of the tie he suggested you to pair it with. Orange was it? Yuck. Orange is sooo last season.”

“Orange had ever been in any season.” Ryeowook corrected his friends with a disgusted face. Just the thought of orange was making him sick. But he quickly replaced those ugly thoughts. “Actually, Yesung’s family is coming over for dinner tonight.”

“Oooohlala,” His fellow minion teased, “The boyfriend’s family is coming over tonight.”

Ryeowook grinned, “Our parents are just discussing business.”

“But I bet you’re gonna be discussing something else with Yesung?”

Ryeowook only winked and then strutted down the steps of the Deck and to the driver holding the door of the waiting Mercedes open for him.

***

“Look at you, chipmunk!”

Donghae cooed at his little brother on the white hospital bed. Henry palely smiled, eyes disappearing into a thin line as he embraced his older brother. Donghae hugged Henry tight, feeling apologetic and guilty of all that’s happened to his brother. Henry felt thin and fragile in his arms. Donghae carefully released Henry.

“I’ve missed you,” Donghae whispered quietly, taking a seat on the hospital bed next to his brother.

“Doesn’t feel like it.” Henry replied quietly.

“I know.” Donghae released a tired sigh. “And I’m sorry.”

Henry looked like there was more to be said and asked but instead, he chose to smile and hug his brother once and for that, Donghae was extremely thankful. Henry was mad but Donghae could see it in the smaller boy’s eyes that even though he was mad, he was still grateful that Donghae was finally back.

“Does it hurt?” Donghae questioned, eyes trained of the wire attached to the top of Henry’s hand.

Henry shook his head, “You kind of get used to it.”

Donghae’s heart ached, as he ran a hand through Henry’s thin hair, “I’m sorry, Henry.”

Henry’s eyes teared as he shifted his gaze from his older brother to the windows of the hospital room that overlooked the whole city of Seoul. It was a breath-taking sight but Donghae couldn’t take his eyes off his brother. Henry looked so broken, it hurt Donghae badly.

“How long will you be staying here?” Henry quietly questioned, his voice merely heard.

But Donghae of course heard that and he cleared his throat, reached for Henry’s bony hand and then gave it a light squeeze. “I’m back for good, Hen.”

Henry finally tore his gaze away from the windows to Donghae with wide eyes and an even surprised face, “Wh.. What?”

“What about…”

“No one knows about it.” Donghae interrupted his brother. “So let’s keep it that way.”

Henry stared at his brother, eyebrows furrowed and lips in a frown, “You know… It’ll happen again. It won’t matter if we keep it to ourselves because if you can’t stop yourself from-”

“I know.” Donghae whispered, “But I’ve changed now.”

“No more partying? No more drinking? No more yourself around?” Henry held out his picky finger.

“No more.” Donghae’s gave a lopsided smile and then gave his brother a playful wink, “But you know…. Rules are always meant to be broken.”

Henry sighed but a small smile crept onto his face. His brother, Donghae was finally back and right now, that was all it mattered.

***

Lee Hyukjae cursed his life.

Because not only was the subway taking for-ing-ever but the old man next to him had to just fall asleep right on his shoulders. Being the kindhearted person that he was, Eunhyuk chose not to wake him up. Maybe the man had a rough day at work or maybe he was not feeling well. Either way, Eunhyuk let the man sleep on his shoulders. But after five minutes, Eunhyuk regretted it big time.

The man was ing drooling.

Onto his school blazer.

Which costed almost three quarter of his mother’s pay check.

.

Eunhyuk abruptly stood up and the old man caught himself before his face hit the seats of the train. Eunhyuk sighed and then glanced over to the opposite side of the train where a blonde short-haired girl was holding her laugh. Eunhyuk frowned and then made his way to the seat next to hers.

“That’s what you get for not wanting to sit with me on subways.” Amber cackled.

“Oh shut it, sis.” Eunhyuk rolled his eyes. “You’re just the same as that guy.”

His sister feigned a hurt look and then ignored her brother. Amber fished out his phone from her pocket and then begun scrolling through her Twitter homepage.

“You’re gonna exceed your data usage and mom’s going to be pissed.” Eunhyuk warned her, overlooking what his sister was doing on her phone. “Your phone bill is gonna explode and she’ll have to work twice as hard.”

Amber shrugged her shoulders, distracted. “Oh hey, look at this.”

Amber pointed to a link her friend had tweeted to her and then opened it. The link led her straight to a blog and Amber smirked upon seeing the first picture that popped up on the website.

“My oh my,” Amber whistled, “Look whose back in town.”

Eunhyuk remained quiet.

“Lee Handsome Donghae is back in town and he’s hotter than ever.” Amber read the comments on the blog post in a high-pitched voice.

Eunhyuk shrugged coolly, “Doesn’t matter if he’s back or not.”

“Oh who are you kidding, Hyukjae?” Amber laughed, slapping his brother’s thighs. “I saw how many times you’ve visited Donghae’s blog post on Gossip Guy’s blog on your laptop.”

“That’s because we’re from the same school.” Eunhyuk admitted lamely.

“Yeah and so is the rest of the bunch of people Gossip Guy is obsessed with.” Amber pointed out, “Kim Ryeowook, Cho Kyuhyun, Yesung, Kim Heechul… But you don’t stalk them at all.”

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter