Cooking Disaster!? (Hongbin's POV)

Gongbin Stories

Hongbin isn’t a cook. The only thing he really knew how to make are instant ramen, eggs, and fried rice…but the fried rice usually ends up being a hit and miss. So…why in the God’s name does he suddenly want to cook now? Why did he promise Gongchan food as a surprise? Not only that, Hongbin had somehow felt an desire to try making something new. bad, bad, bad! Gongchan will be coming soon, and all he has is this mess. And all he wanted was to make something for Gongchan, something filled with his love and gratitude. and dare he admit it…something he’d give as a secret confession. But now, he deeply regrets this whole idea…As Hongbin’s soul is exiting his body in exaggerated despair, Gongchan barges in happily. “Choco! What’s up?!” (Author’s note: Gongchan totally may have been close to teasing Hongbin with “What’s cookin’ good lookin’!?” here, haha)

Hesitantly, Hongbin introduces Gongchan to his dish, hoping for a miracle that it at least turns out tasty. Gongchan takes a bite…

…and immediately spits it out! “Ah? What’s this?! are u trying to poison ur most precious person?!!” but Gongchan immediately regrets his reaction when he sees a flash of hurt or disappointment in Hongbin’s eyes, despite a smile. Gongchan has noticed Hongbin always smiled, even when he was sad, happy, etc. but this one seemed force, stiff, and a bit sad. His Choco should never feel sad! Especially from him!! So Gongchan tries to cheer Hongbin up, because he appreciates the effort. “Thank you, Kong! I appreciate it. Really!”

And soon Hongbin finds his frown turning upside down. Ah, this Chansikkie…he always has this comforting effect on him. And Hongbin smiles a smile as big as the sun to match the warmth radiating from Gongchan’s grin.

Gongchan notices Hongbin still has some food he didn’t completely use, still on the counter. “Come! I’ll give u a quick lesson! I’m a pro!!” well that’s an exaggeration but he did learn in the past through observing his cooking-talented members, and also from his cooking webdrama. “First let’s chop this onion like a pro.”

Hongbin feels Gongchan grab his hands and lead him to the cutting board, and then move behind him. Gongchan is slightly too close that Hongbin could feel Gongchan’s breath near the back of his neck, and it sends a tingling sensation, added with another small electric shock when he places a hand on Hongbin’s left hand, guiding him along the chopping action. Ok. Maybe cooking isn’t so bad, Hongbin thinks…