Fluff fic: Sunshine

Gongbin Stories

Read this after the Angst fics (Chapter 9 and 10)!! :)

The next time Hongbin and Gongchan meet isn’t until the end of December during a special Year End stage. It is not ideal, but between Gongchan’s accidental confession when Hongbin was hiding under the sheets recovering from his fainting spell and now, it was difficult finding a time to meet in person amidst B1A4’s comeback and VIXX’s practice schedule. However, attempts were still made and even though meeting in-person remained impossible, the two found themselves back to keeping in touch, first through playing Overwatch, and then back on KaoKaoTalk and Twitter. Despite the progress, there still remains an unspoken tension, remnants of the misunderstanding back then, of which Hongbin and Gongchan would clumsily tiptoe around. Such a matter deserves a talk in-person, and so the two waited and waited for the opportune moment where their schedules would overlap, such as the Year End Stage.

And now, after the Year End Stage, Hongbin somehow finds himself at Gongchan’s apartment ordering take-out with him, and right now nervously pacing around in Gongchan’s room as Gongchan is taking a shower. Gongchan let Hongbin go shower first, a fact Hongbin remains grateful for after performing in the cold, icy rain. And since he carried no change of clothing with him, Hongbin is now wearing one of Gongchan's outfits. That in itself makes Hongbin's ears red, to be wearing the clothing of his best-friend-who-is-something-more! And who loves Hongbin more than that one woman, more than anyone!  Hongbin feels so silly for doubting Gongchan and his relationship and basically starting the misunderstanding. How to fix this? He's been pondering how to bring this up to Gongchan, but he doesn't really know how.


 

His thoughts are interrupted by quick footsteps, and Hongbin looks up to see a flustered Gongchan in nothing but a towel. "Sorry, Choco! haha, forgot my clothes!! XD" he says, as he runs back to the bathroom with a small bundle in hand. Hongbin immediately laughs in reaction, flustered by the sight as well, before his mind starts to wander, tracing the image of Chansikkie’s body in mind. It’s a rare but pleasant sight to see, and Hongbin admires the smooth, well-toned physique of Gongchan. Almost suddenly, the door opens in Hongbin’s mind and he feels himself getting hotter and hotter. His mind races fast, blanking out. Soon, realization dawns, followed by a smirk. So, this must be what Gongchan felt...initially seeing Hongbin wearing his clothing..and rushing into the bathroom, even forgetting to bring in a new set of clothes? The thought makes Hongbin’s face red, which turns even more red when he becomes more aware that he is in Gongchan’s clothing, surrounded by the scent of freshness and Gongchan’s bodywash. He’s surrounded by Gongchan... They have shared clothing in the past before and it wasn’t a big deal, but ever since accidentally overhearing Gongchan’s confession...everything has changed. Hongbin feels himself becoming more sensitive to everything Gongchan-related, not that he wasn’t before.

“Yah! Choco!! Why are you smirking? Wipe that smirk off your face!!”  

“Ah, sorry!” Hongbin apologizes half-heartedly, his mind instead going over to how to clear up the misunderstanding and how to confess to Gongchan. His words faster than his mind though  “I guess I’m really happy to finally see you again. Um. There’s--”

“--Me too! I’m happy and I wanted to see you for so long! There’s something I gotta say!!”

“A-ah, me too. But, you can go first…”

“Kong-ah… I..uh,  l--” Gongchan starts, but is interrupted by the buzzer from the door bell. “Ah! The food!! Stay here, I’ll go get it!” And in a flash, Gongchan rushes out, and then some moments later comes back up. “Got the food!”

“Thank you, Chansikkie. So..um, what were you going to say again?” Hongbin asks, eyes intently looking at Gongchan.

“Ah..that!” Hongbin notices Gongchan’s face turn slightly pink, “I just wanna say I missed you so much! You’re someone very special to me... and no one can take your place in my heart. Not even actress-noona! Choco, come over here…”

Hongbin shyly goes next to Gongchan, heart beating fast, and Gongchan takes out his phone and earphones, adjusting one of the earbuds into Hongbin’s ears while he put the other on himself. “Listen to this song with me...”

Load video
 
 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e1gIq0domVI 

He listens, smiling brightly at the message. 

“That’s how I feel about you, Kong-ah. I love you! I have for a long time. I mean, Iwantedtotellyoubutwe’reidols andIwasn’tsure, butIreallyreallylikeyousomuch! andIdo----”

Whatever words Gongchan is babbling now, Hongbin doesn’t listen. Instead, his body reacts fast, and the next thing he knows, their lips are touching in a kiss, a quick peck really. He pulls back quickly and then hugs his Chansikkie tightly, “Me too, Chansikkie, me too. I’m sorry for pushing you away back then...I thought you were in love with her, and I couldn’t take it!”

“I know. That’s why I wanted to see you so much. Silly Choco, I love you and only you!”

“I’ve learnt. For making you wait, let me make it up to you then. Close your eyes...”

Gongchan closes his eyes, and Hongbin comes closer. His heart’s still racing, his face is all red, and the butterflies are taking over his stomach, but this moment feels beautiful. Gongchan is beautiful. In a ways, Gongchan is also his sunshine too. And Hongbin’s lips touches Gongchan’s again, this time more confidently.

Gongchan kisses back.