prologue [1/4]

rich

Adjusting the dress slightly in front of the floor length mirror before turning around to check if the dress looked okay. Smoothing out the black dress before tugging down the length, in hopes that the dress would mysteriously grow longer, Youjung sighs once realizing that it wasn’t going to work out.

 

She sits at the edge of the single bed before looking at herself in the mirror and releases a sigh. A beautiful woman was seen and she struggled to believe that it was herself. She thinks back on how it ended up with her in a dress like this.

 

Youjung slips out the club from the backdoor, afraid that her practical classmates would see her and persuade her to stay but clubbing wasn’t her thing and she hated being in huge crowds. Plus, she had to hand in a report to her Business lecturer the next day at noon and she plans to burn the midnight oil for that considering all she had done was to type out the title.

 

Breathing out in relief once she sees that no one followed her out so she considered it to be safe. She turned around to leave the alleyway but stopped once she heard giggles and soft pleads. Her eyes widen before spinning back on her heels and hesitate if she investigates what it was about. A moan was sounded and she froze. Who in right mind would do something like that in a place like this?

 

“L-Let g-go,” she heard a girl’s voice stuttering.

 

“No,” a husky voice replied and her eyes widen even further.

 

Ignoring the voice in her head to turn around and run, she continued towards the sources carefully. She peeked out from behind an empty barrel to see a tall and handsome guy pinning a scantily dressed girl against the wall and was assaulting the skin around her neck. “Please let me go,” she begged as the girl moaned out once again.

 

“I already said no, baby girl. Did you not hear me?” the guy moved away from the skin and whispered loudly.

 

As the girl’s protests increased, Youjung’s mind tried to formulate a plan. Going on YouTube, she searched ‘Police siren’ and clicks on the first video that came up. Once the couple heard the sirens, the girl immediately pushed the boy away and ran off herself. Doing a small dance at her success for helping another girl, her phone dropped onto the ground and the screen cracked. Her heart broke as the sound was made.

 

The male’s head turned to make eye contact with her and she gulped down her saliva nervously. His eyes were filled with anger as he approached her. “What the do you think you’re doing?” he spat out and when she doesn’t respond, he roughly pulled her up. “Do you think you’re funny?”

 

Staring at his face up close, she felt her cheeks heating up because he really looked so damn fine. “You ruined my lay!” he exclaimed angrily as he turned away.

 

‘Lay?’ she repeated in her mind and her eyes widen in understanding.

 

“I thought you were her…” she whispered out and he looked at her in disbelief before rolling his eyes, moving in front of her once again.

 

“Have you heard of kink?” he asked dryly before folding his arms.

 

His biceps pops out from the print shirt on him and she looked away to prevent any indecent thoughts from clouding her mind. Suddenly, the mysterious guy eyed Youjung up and down, scaring her. He then started walking around her. “Hmmm,” he hummed and his eyes traveled everywhere.

 

The yell of byuntae was at the edge of her lips but she remained tongue tied as he took another step towards her, breaking her personal bubble. She took a step back but he took a step forward and it continues till she feels her back hit a hard surface, the wall.

 

Putting both his hands at the side of her head, his head tilted before his continued to observe her once again. After his eyes trailed up and down, it returned back to her face. She thought he was going to do something to her but he smirked and swoops in front of her face.

 

“I was looking for a good lay and plus one to some boring function,” he said and Youjung looked at him blankly. “I was pinning for the girl just now since she seemed the best one out of every girl in the club but you’re way better than her. Like way, way better.”

 

“Thanks?” she said questioningly and then his eye smile appeared, revealing his cute side.

 

Feeling her inside melting slightly at the cuteness radiating off him, she immediately diverted her gaze over his shoulder. Finally realizing what he said, her eyes widen and covered herself, using her hands. “I’m not sleeping with you!” she exclaimed and it was returned with a high-pitched laugh.

 

“Princess, I wouldn’t sleep with you either,” he replied, moving his face away. “So what do you say? Be my plus one?”

 

“Plus one?” she repeated dumbly and the eye roll comes back.

 

“Yes plus one. My date. To the boring function,” he said dryly.

 

“Why me?” she asked and then realizes that it was a bad idea because he took a deep breath. “I mean… out of every other girl you saw, why me.”

 

He dramatically sighed before muttering something along the lines of idiot and said, “I said it before didn’t I? You’re way better than any of the girls I’ve met tonight.”

 

She tilted her head wondering if he was saying the truth and wasn’t some lying to her. “It’s tomorrow. I’ll pick you up at seven,” he said, finally moving away from her and then flashed her a smile. “See you then… princess.”

 

She sighs loudly once again and looks at the clock to realize that seven was approaching soon. She gets up and dashes around the room to collect items she needed. Lip-gloss, still-cracked phone, cash and finally pepper spray. Thinking back to her conversation with the mysterious guy, her eyes widen once again because she had never told him where she stayed but he knew.

 

Before she could continue imaging about who this male was, her doorbell rang. She slips into her stilettoes, forgetting about the black clutch that contained everything she had collected. Walking out of her apartment, she sees the male in a very fitting tuxedo, complimenting his features.

 

Greeting him politely before turning back to the main door before using her strength to slam the door shut and locks it in place. Turning back as she flashes a sheepish smile as he looks at her. “Is your door alright?” he asks with a raised brow.

 

“It’s just like that,” she replies shrugging. “Let’s go?”

 

Without uttering a word, he turns to leave and she almost scoffed at his rudeness. She bites down on her tongue and silently follows him. The whole way down to the lobby, the question How does he know where I live? pops into her mind and the burning desire to ask was always pushed away by fear.

 

A crowd of people had gathered at the front of the lobby and she wonders why. Suddenly she felt a hand on around her waist. She was about to yell at the person when she realizes that it was the guy. He was looking ahead, paying no attention to her as he lightly tugs her along. Whispers were heard around her as she finally notices a black, sleek limousine park and they were heading towards it.

 

Before she could ask anything, he opens the door and lightly pushes her in before getting in himself and shuts the door, silencing all noise from outside. “W-Who are you?” she asks, unsure if she wanted to know the truth or not.

 

“Have you been living under a rock?” he asks with a side-glance and she huffs in annoyance.

 

“Do I have to know you?” she retorts and he stares at her.

 

She felt herself shrinking back in fear since she was speaking informally with him when she didn’t even know if he was older or not. Before she could utter out an apology, he does a small smile, showing off his eye smile and she looks away so that her insides wouldn’t feel warm. “You’re interesting princess,” he comments. “I like it.”

 

She narrows her eyes at him who had returned to looking forward. After a moment of silence, she speaks up, “Min Youjung.”

 

Looking at her with a sideways glance once again and she flushes at her poor excuse of starting a conversation with a stranger. Lowering her gaze to her lap and bites her lower lip to prevent the tears of embarrassment from falling. “Donghyuk,” she hears him and her head snaps up so quickly that one would have thought it was a whiplash.

 

She notices that his eyes were soft, not looking at her and she felt her insides melt once again. “Kim Donghyuk,” he says and then turns to her before smiling. “Nice to meet you.”