007: First Date

Love, Finally?

Only the clattering of their spoon and fork can be heard across the Lee’s dining hall. It’s unusual for it to be that way, because usually, the two sons will start an endless bickering which will cause for their mother to forget about their foods. But that time, it was different, because Myungsoo is joining them.

 

Sungyeol’s mom looks at Myungsoo very fondly, and if they didn’t know how much their mother loves their father, they will see it that their Mom likes Myungsoo.

 

“Myungsoo, do you want another serving?”

 

Myungsoo shakes his head. “No Ma’am, I’m already full. You cook well by the way.” He said, giving her the signature dimply smile of his.

 

Mrs. Lee nods and then gathers up his palms under her chin to take a closer look at Myungsoo. “So Myungsoo, I’ve heard a lot about you from Sungyeol here—“

 

“Mom, he didn’t know that.” Sungyeol hissed, kicking his mother’s foot under the table.

 

Myungsoo looks at him, still smiling but confused. “Didn’t know what?”

 

“Nothing.” Sungyeol said before his mother opened to say something more. But Mrs. Lee knew better.

 

“So anyway, Myungsoo what do you do? I heard from my son that you do photography back in high school, are you a professional one now?”

 

, Mom don’t know how to stop. Sungyeol was about to say something to interrupt the sudden subject when Myungsoo talks.

 

“How I wish I am, Ma’am, but no, I’m not a professional photographer, though I still have a thing with photography. I’m a nurse by profession right now.”

 

“A nurse?” Mrs. Lee gasps and looks at Sungyeol as if saying she didn’t know that and Sungyeol return that look with a you didn’t have to know. “I didn’t see that coming from you… where do you reside?”

 

“I’m the head nurse of our hospital.”

 

Mrs. Lee gasps once again. “I thought woman is the only choice for a head nurse? I never have been in a hospital with a man as their head nurse.”

 

Myungsoo shyly smiles and let out a cute giggle that makes Sungyeol sighs dreamily as he takes a glimpse of him from across the table. “Not in our hospital, Ma’am. Me and my cousin Sunggyu are assigned with the highest tasks since it’s our family’s hospital.”

 

“Oh, I see. But what makes you turn into a nurse? By the way my son here, talks a lot about you back in high school, like how you captures everything in motion and how you looks at everything around you like it’s your subject to be caught in film, I never would’ve thought you’ll be a nurse.”

 

Mom is running continuously! Daeyeol! His younger brother flinched once he hit his knee and Daeyeol knows that knowing look from his hyung.

 

“Ah, Mom, can I get second serving? I’m still not full.”

 

“There’s none for you.” She said and turns back to Myungsoo. “Well?”

 

“How come there’s some for Myungsoo-hyung and none for me?” Daeyeol whines and Sungyeol counted mentally on how many paper bills will he give to his dongsaeng for doing such a great job. But unfortunately, their mother is more brilliant than the two of them.

 

“Then go ahead and serve yourself. As you can see, I’m still in the middle of a conversation with Myungsoo.”

 

“But you’re not even conversing; you’re asking Myunsoo-hyung something that’s making him uncomfortable.” Daeyeol once again tried, eyeing his hyung to help a little but the taller mouthed he’s on his own or he won’t get anything from him. “And besides, I’m your beloved maknae, don’t I deserve to be loved?” he pouts and Sungyeol nearly spits his water for stopping himself from laughing. Daeyeol is doing a great job and he thinks it’s the right time for him to help.

 

“And mom, I’m thinking of bringing Myungsoo with me in the veterinary clinic. Ah-ga is getting discharged today.” He said and looks at Myungsoo who’s eating silently. “Is that okay with you, Myungsoo?”

 

“Uh, yeah… I guess.”

 

He thinks for himself, there’s nothing left for him to do because he clearly made this day vacant to get ready for his date with Sungyeol so… being with him earlier is not a bad idea.

 

“Mom, go ahead and serve Daeyeol his second serving, I’ll take Myungsoo in my room and make him wait there.” He said, standing up and taking Myungsoo’s wrist. “You’re done eating?”

 

“Y-Yeah.”

 

“Then come to my room and wait for me there.”

 

They run away from the scene, not forgetting to wink on Daeyeol before they goes upstairs. Sungyeol lead him inside his small but spacious room and Myungsoo thought, so this is his room as he gets inside.

 

Sungyeol pull out his chair and ask him to sit down. “Once I leave you behind there where Mom can talk to you, I’m dead.”

 

“Dead?” he said thanking Sungyeol for the seat but the taller didn’t answer his question. “You have a nice room, Sungyeol.”

 

“Thanks, I know. You didn’t quite expecting me to like pink, don’t you?”

 

I know how much you love it. “Yeah, I was a bit taken back.” He just said though inside his mind it’s different. He looks around. “Is there something here for me to look into while you bathe?”

 

“Ah, yeah sure. Wait here for a sec.” he said and turns around to face his shelves. “I don’t really know what could entertain you but… I do have some photo albums here and if you like, you can take a look at it and laugh all you want. But I also have a game console there if you want to play, so which should I give you to keep you entertained?”

 

Myungsoo was already reaching out for the photo album and Sungyeol just shrugs. “Then I’m leaving you here with those boring photo albums. My game console is right here so, if you changed your mind.” He said before leaving Myungsoo inside his room.

 

There’s nothing boring in Sungyeol’s photo albums. They’re all cute and well arranged. And he found out that Woohyun and Sungyeol have been friends since childhood. Their high school photos said that. There are a lot of candid shots than normal ones, not to mention those small notes near every photo are hilarious. He never would’ve thought that the taller is these organize.

 

He’s done with the fourth one when one photo book, together with the taller’s other books caught his attention. It was black and the ink used to write on it is either white or gray. But what really caught his eyes to it is the way his photo was attached in front of the cover.

 

“What is this?” he mutters before opening it, making him gasps on his first try. “These are all me…”

 

He runs his hand through every page and doubts it for a second if he’s really the photographer between him and Sungyeol, because god, he can be wrong. The pictures inside are all him and was taken candidly, take from somewhere far away from him and it was majority him taking photos. And like the other photo albums, this photo album where he sees himself are also labeled with writings, all in different dates and moments.

 

Sungyeol writes his day for him, that’s for sure, because it looks like a photo album diary for him, only not in his own POV. Sungyeol takes photos of him under the shades of the trees taking a nap, with his friends, while he’s laughing, inside the Photography Club, and even when he’s inside their classroom probably listening to lectures.

 

Why didn’t he notice him before doing all that? How can he be so naïve and insensitive? And how can be fate so nice to them? Not being able to know that both of them are taking pictures of each other.

 

He smiles to himself when one last photo was attached at the last page of the photo album, though it’s barely even full. It was a photo of an airplane, up in the sky, living trails behind it. The label next to it says…

 

Hasta La Proxima Vez…

 

“Till next time…” he said in a low voice. That’s what the Spanish words meant and he wonders how it was written so sweetly by Sungyeol.

 

He puts it back to where it came from before moving back to the seat, when the door opens, showing a Sungyeol with his still wet hair. “I’m sorry, are you bored?”

 

The younger’s face tells him otherwise so he walks passed by him. “The veterinarian just called saying Ah-ga is okay now… he’s my dog by the way.”

 

“Didn’t know you have a dog.”

 

“Now you know.” He spins around to face the younger who was smiling. “Why are you smiling creepily like that? You didn’t see anything funny other than my pictures right?”

 

“Nope, there’s none like that.”

 

“Then why are you smiling like that?”

 

“Just because.”

 

Sungyeol dresses up faster so they could leave the house soon. Mrs. Lee see them off till the front porch and Sungyeol once again feels embarrassed because of his mother telling Myungsoo that it’s okay to take him away and don’t come back.

 

“I’m sorry about my Mom.”

 

“No, it’s okay. She’s funny, I don’t find her bothersome.”

 

“I hope not… she’s the most wonderful person I know.” He puts his seatbelt on. “Shall we go?”

 

“Where is this veterinary clinic you were talking about?”

 

“Somewhere near.”

 

Somewhere near? “Where exactly?”

 

“Just drive and I’ll tell you to stop once we’re there.”

 

Myungsoo knows Sungyeol’s neighborhood and if it’s a veterinary clinic that’s near the Lee’s house then that means…

 

“We’re not meeting Eli, right?”

 

“You know Doctor Eli?”

 

. “Oh, so I’m right? He’s a friend of mine.” He gulps. Eli is one of those few people that know how in love he is with Sungyeol and once he saw him, he’s dead. “He’s a high school friend of mine.”

 

“Oh, I remember him telling me that he’s my hoobae… so he’s your friend? How come I don’t see you hanging out with him?”

 

“We’re just good friends that doesn’t usually hang out.” He turns the car to the block where the end is Eli’s clinic. “We usually hang out with our own set of friends.”

 

“I see… here’s our stop. His wife is probably here.”

 

, now she’s also here. He parks his car in front of the clinic and soon, he’s greeted by that shocked face of his good friend Eli and his wife right behind him.

 

“Myungsoo! Fancy meeting you here, Dude! How’s life? And you’re with Sungyeol? Are you two finally together now? Did you conf—“

 

“Eli, woah Eli, take it easy on me.” He said already sweating. “You don’t do this to me, Buddy.” He said in a low voice that only Eli can hear. “He still doesn’t know a thing so shut the hell up and don’t say anymore…”

 

“You mean it’s been a long time since you last saw him yet—“

 

“Yes, I know, pathetic right? I know. So please dude, help me here and shut up.”

 

“Okay, but you have to hang out with me after this or else…”

 

He rolled his eyes and nods before looking back to Sungyeol. He’s playing with Eli’s son. “You also fancy kids?”

 

“I’m good with kids.”

 

“Me too… and I’m a god father of that child.”

 

The kid goes to where Myungsoo is and sits on his lap. “I didn’t know you also fancy kids.”

 

“Now you know. Aren’t we picking up your dog though?”

 

“Oh, yes.” Sungyeol looks at Eli with that gummy smile of his. “Is it okay to take Ah-ga home now?”

 

“Of course. I have to give it to you, SUngyeol. You really know how to raise a pet… wait here and I’ll go pick her up.”

 

“Thanks, Eli.”

 

Sungyeol watched Myungsoo with the kid and it’s showing how great he is with kids because Eli’s son is laughing non-stop since he had him in his arms and for Sungyeol, that’s a sight to behold.

 

“How many babies would you like to have, Myungsoo?” he suddenly ask to start up a conversation. Myungsoo perks his head up to think for a while.

 

“I don’t know… thirteen?”

 

“Thirteen? Are you trying to kill your wife?”

 

I won’t even try to find a wife. “Ha-ha, maybe?” he lets down the child. “How about you?”

 

“I don’t think I’ll have some, though I’ve been thinking of adopting.”

 

“And how many kids would you like to have?”

 

“Two or three is enough.”

 

A cat suddenly jumps on Sungyeol’s lap and sleeps there, catching Sungyeol off guard and Myungsoo speechless.

 

“Byeol… baby, you can’t do that.” Myungsoo said and runs his fingers through the cat’s fur. “I’m so sorry about this… he’s usually not this affectionate with just anybody especially when he didn’t know them. Byeol—“

 

“Is this yours?” Sungyeol asked already fanboying over the cat. “He’s so cute!”

 

Myungsoo is amazed of two things, first, Byeol, his cat, is not affectionate to just anyone. Second, Byeol is over Sungyeol’s lap, sleeping there as if he known him for a while and for Myungsoo, that is something he never would’ve thought could come in his life. Byeol is a big factor in his life, if Byeol hates the person he’s dating, he’ll get rid of them fast. But he’s not yet even dating Sungyeol yet Byeol choses him already for him.

 

He smiles internally to that. Maybe they really do have a chance.

 

He was with that thought, not knowing Eli has been there for a while and was watching him and by the time he noticed, he gulps and clears his throat. Eli and him knows how choosy Byeol can get to people, but Sungyeol is once again not just anyone.

 

“Here’s your Ah-ga, Sungyeol. I’ll take Byeol for you. He’s here for a check-up.”

 

“I actually brought it first here before I saw your mother in the supermarket.” Myungsoo clears before grabbing Byeol away from him, making the cat yawn and purrs, clearly doesn’t like to be separated from Sungyeol. Ah-ga jumps on Sungyeol as soon as the cat vacated his lap as if telling them he’s off limits.

 

“You have a one man army here.” Eli exclaimed that Sungyeol just smiles.

 

“I know. Anyway, thank you again, Eli.”

 

“Sure sure. Carry on with whatever it is that’s going on with you guy—“

 

“Eli!”

 

“I’m just kidding, just kidding.” Eli hits him on his shoulder and winks. “Just go and come visit me again next time, Sungyeol.”

 

“Of course. Next time, it’ll be Jureumi.”

 

“Oh, I miss that cat of yours… I hope to see it soon.”

 

“Sure, thanks!”

 

Myungsoo glares at Eli before following Sungyeol outside the clinic.

 

He opens the door for Sungyeol like it was the most natural thing for him to do. Once he hopped in, he turns to Sungyeol.

 

“Shall we start our date now? We can take Ah-ga home first before we go…” Myungsoo tries and he felt Sungyeol tenses.

 

Of course he tensed! He’s not even cute yet. “Um, maybe we should go home first so we can… you know, get ready? Like dress up a little more flashy than this?” he said looking down to their outfit that moment.

 

It’s not that they doesn’t look fabulous, hell Sungyeol is sure that Myungsoo could always nail every clothing and he’s proud of his own proportion as well, but since this is their first date, he wanted—they both wanted to look good to make it more memorable.

 

“I see what you mean.” Myungsoo said giggling. “Then I guess I’ll drop you guys first and…” he ruffles Ah-ga’s soft curls and the dog happily let out a bark. “I’ll see you tonight.”

 

“Okay.”

 

Once they reached Sungyeol’s home, the taller didn’t leave the car yet. Why? Because he doesn’t want to be separated yet, but since they’re both looking forward of tonight, then…

 

“I guess this is my stop… I’ll see you tonight Myun—“

 

Myungsoo, surprisingly take his seatbelt off and leans to where Sungyeol is. Making Sungyeol back away and pushed his head against the seat. Ah-ga who was in his lap, barks as well, finding the position of her two masters uncomfortable.

 

But Myungsoo didn’t kiss him… instead, he opens the door beside him.

 

“I’ll see you tonight, Sungyeol. And if you’d let me, I’ll kiss you tonight as well.”

 

“For how many times I want it?” he asked, his lips in the obvious anticipation.

 

The younger smirks, “Yes.”

 

“Then, I’ll see you tonight.”

 

Sungyeol nods and take off his seatbelt, but before exiting, he pressed a kiss on Myungsoo’s lips and run his way inside their house, making it impossible to move for Myungsoo.

 

--

 

The next hours of them waiting for the time to meet to come, Myungsoo is anxiously selecting among his clothing and he wishes he could fill his closet more colored ones instead of black. His friends are outside his room, watching movies again like they owned the house while he is having a hard time selecting from his clothes on what to wear.

 

He gave up, looks at the clock and realized he only have 2 hours left before their meeting yet he’s still not dressed up.

 

He sits up and his door opens, revealing his friends faces, Krystal and Sungjong’s.

 

“Oppa, do you need help with your hair?”

 

“How about make-up?”

 

He rolls his eyes. “I don’t need help with any of that.”

 

“But you have to look cool!” Krystal said walking towards him and with her hands on his back.

 

“Oh no… no you don’t Krystal Jung, no!” He tried to run away but Sungjong caught him. “Let me go! I don’t want make-up!”

 

“You have to wear it so you would look good oppa!”

 

“Nooo!”

 

“YEEEES!”

 

The two pinned her against the bed, he struggles and fought back but… Kai joins in.

 

“, let me go you guys! I don’t want make-up!”

 

“YOU HAVE TO WEAR SOME!”

 

“Uuugh!”

 

The wrestle, Myungsoo struggles, Krystal had a hard time doing his make-up and Sungjong made them all proud once he’s done with Myungsoo’s hair, with him lying on the bed.

 

“See? Now you look good.” Krystal said patting his shoulders. They both stood before the mirror and Myungsoo, although he’s so sure of himself, find the he in the mirror more handsome than he already is.

 

“Do you think I’ll have number 2 and 3 and more dates with this look?”

 

“Of course, oppa. You would.”

 

He leaves his house with his friends seeing him off.

 

On the other hand, Sungyeol looks at himself in the mirror, with Woohyun and Hoya on his back. Sunggyu came as well, to see him because he’s more worried for him than his own cousin.

 

“Do you think he’ll ask me out more after this?” he asked anxiously and his friends behind him just nods. “I’m so ing nervous I could probably die.”

 

“Don’t die yet, you’re not even out of your house yet! At least see how handsome Myungsoo is on your first date before you die!” Woohyun said making his eye liner thicker. “You have to be more confident about yourself, Yeollie. Do you understand?”

 

“Now that he asked you on a date, I say he’s into you as well.” Hoya said and Sunggyu nods behind him, eating grapes. “So be confident, okay? That dude likes you as well.”

 

A knock on his door made them all flinched inside, his younger brother’s face peeks in. “Myungsoo-hyung is here.”

 

“, he’s here! He’s ing here! He’s—“

 

“CALM THE DOWN!” Woohyun held his face with both hands and he stops. “Look at me.” He did. “Myungsoo is here and is waiting for you downstairs, don’t mess this up. Understand?”

 

He nods and his friends go out of his room first to maybe meet the younger downstairs. And when he thought it was okay to go out, he take one last look in the mirror and takes a deep breath.

 

“Make him yours, Lee Sungyeol… make him fall for you.”

 

As he descends the stairs, Myungsoo looks up to him and , he’s not even a lady going out for a date with his boyfriend but the scene made it look that way. He stops midway when Myungsoo smiles at him. As if telling him he’s the most gorgeous in the world.

 

Make him yours, Lee Sungyeol. Make him yours tonight.

 

“Hi… um, shall we go?”

 

“Yes… let’s get going.”

 

--

 

A/N: Leaving you with a cliffhanger because I’m annoying like that HAHAHAHAHA Hiiii! Happy New Year guys!