008: Love you like you

Love, Finally?

A/N: Oh my gosh, I didn’t expect your comments right after my announcement! You must be really waiting for my update on this huh? Anyway, here it goes. And thank you so much for you understandings and suggestions! I’ll definitely see my way out of this hectic schedule of mine so you guys won’t feel like I abandoned you and the fics I’m writing. For now, enjoy this chapter! THAAAANKS!

 

--

 

“Next time we go out, let’s not go to this place again.”

 

“Hm, why?”

 

“Because I don’t want a garden on my plate again.”

 

Sungyeol’s playful eyes saves him from embarrassment and continue eating. He took his water and takes a sip from it.

 

“Noted.” He said and winks at Sungyeol, whom he knows blushes even with those dim lights. “This light won’t let us eat comfortably too… remind me to smack Sunggyu’s head for suggesting this place.”

 

“He suggested this place?”

 

“Yes he did.” He put the glass down and clasped his hands together. “Maybe it’s his way to ruin the first ever date I will be having with you tonight.”

 

The taller looks at him in disbelief. “You expect me to believe you that this is your first ever date?”

 

“Why? You don’t believe me?” he backs away a little, acting as if he’s hurt.

 

Sungyeol chuckled. “Well, it’s something hard for me to believe. I mean, you’re popular back in high school so… I expected that you already done this before.” He locked gazes with Myungsoo. “But I guess you really didn’t huh?”

 

The younger nodded. “I didn’t.” he simply said. “It’s such a pressure you know? I mean, I don’t know what you would like or where I should take you so I asked my friends for advice… but they ended up giving me bulls.”

 

“This isn’t completely bull, Myungsoo. In fact, I like the place-“

 

“But not the foods?”

 

He smiles shyly and nods. “Let’s not go back here again okay?”

 

“You’ll let me take you out on a date again?”

 

“Why the hell not?”

 

Myungsoo cannot suppress his smiles and for Sungyeol to see his crush smiling like that just because he gave him a chance for another date is heaven, seriously. Not only that though, being Myungsoo’s first ever date is more than a dream come true for him.

 

“So um… I’d like to ask if…” Sungyeol start and started fidgeting. “If you asked me out on a date because you like me like me?”

 

“I like you like you? What do you mean by like you like you?”

 

“Myungsoo. You know exactly what I mean.” He half-warned. “I mean… you’ve been letting me have your time and I don’t think it’s normal. You’re giving me more than the attention I wanted from you.”

 

“And you don’t want this attention I’m giving you?”

 

Sungyeol’s eyes widen and shake his head momentarily. “I… I want it of course.”

 

“Then why are you asking me this?”

 

“Because I might take it wrongly… all this efforts from you, I might take it wrongly.”

 

“How are you taking it, Sungyeol?”

 

Myungsoo’s question silenced him and he ended up biting his lower lip. He looks back at Myungsoo. “I’m taking it wrongly…”

 

“How wrongly?”

 

“I’m starting to think that you like me too…”

 

“Too?”

 

Sungyeol bit his tongue and Myungsoo smirks. “Do you like me Sungyeol?”

 

“You mean like you like you?”

 

“Yes, do you like me like me?”

 

“Well… I like you like you. So how about you? Do you like me like me?”

 

“Of course Sungyeol. I like you like you.”

 

“Right.”

 

“Yes.”

 

And silence engulfs them and they let their eyes speak for them. There’s amusement in Myungsoo’s eyes while there’s obvious embarrassment and adoration from Sungyeol’s.

 

The taller won’t lie anymore, not if he’s pretty much showing more than what he should be showing to Myungsoo. They’ve kissed and probably cared too much for each other. It just takes them time to deliver it in words.

 

Sungyeol take one big exasperated sigh before he stare at Myungsoo’s eyes. “I actually like you like you since high school… and if telling you this now will make you feel awkward then –“

 

“No it won’t. I actually know about how you feel…”

 

He gave one flabbergasted look at Myungsoo. “You do?” he said almost in whisper and Myungsoo nodded. He takes his table napkin down and get ready to leave. “Oh my God, you do… oh my God –“

 

“Sungyeol wait, no.” Myungsoo held his wrist and he stayed in place. “Please don’t feel awkward that I know-“

 

“No, it’s not that… it’s just that… you’re playing with me right? Are you betting with someone? Did my friends tell you-“

 

“What the ? No. No one did- wait I think it’s my friend who did but it was back in high school and I can hardly remember if he really did tell me but… I do know that you like me since then and then I unconsciously fell for you on my own because before I even know it, I started checking out on you after I learned you have a huge crush on me…”

 

Sungyeol this time tried to calm his heart down. He won’t actually say it was because of that confession coming from Myungsoo but that’s exacly what he will say. His heart is beating so fast it almost got him panting in place without even doing anything, just listening to this man called KIM MYUNGSOO who happens to be his first love.

 

“It’s not like me to check out on people, because I honestly don’t care about others. But I did check you out and before I knew it, I fell in love with you and… and I think I unconsciously wanted to see you again and finally start something with you once I did… that’s why I’m doing all of this.”

 

Myungsoo’s expressive eyes held him captive. “I’m not asking you to actually go out with me with labels and all. But I’ll be honest that I do want all that from you… but I don’t want to pressure you just because I still feel the same way I did in high school right now… I’m not even ashamed of it.”

 

Okay, Sungyeol is trying to take his time understanding the situation. His long-time crush, obviously his first love came back from somewhere far far away expecting that he could start something finally with him. That explains the efforts he’s pouring him not to mention the time he’s given him. He was asked for a date by him and now he got one hell of a confession from him that all those time that he was crushing on him, his feelings are pretty much reciprocated but timing is so no one make a move back in high school.

 

And now that they’re on their present time, older, more mature and ready to start things between them, he can’t understand why he suddenly feels like this is all some kind of a bad joke?

 

Kim Myungsoo is one of their school’s heartthrob, the most talented person he knows and probably the only one who can make him turn his head whenever and wherever he is. Imagine your long time crush telling you everything you didn’t expected to hear from them, how will you react?

 

The grip on his wrist tightens and loosens gradually and Myungsoo’s dejected backing away face look away from him and shyly scratched his nape.

 

“I guess it’s a no?” he started. “I actually believed my friends that you still feel the same for me… I guess we all take it wrongly.” He smiled at the taller who was just there, silently looking at him. “I guess there’s no point continuing this date then. I should take you home.”

 

Oh my God, Lee Sungyeol! Are you actually letting this chance slip from your hands!? Your crush did all the talking, you ing start talking too!

 

Is what his mind says, but he just can’t. He just can’t. And he hated himself for that.

 

Myungsoo exerted too much for them yet he simply back away like this? He’s so stupid.

 

--

 

It’s been two minutes and Sungyeol didn’t move from Myungsoo’s car passenger seat. They’ve been in front of their house for two minutes now yet he doesn’t want to go out. It’s not like the younger is asking him to go out either. All he knows is that he ed this night up and he thinks that once he goes out of that car, everything about them will be over like how it did before.

 

How ironic it is that someone finally did the first move yet the other one didn’t follow. And being the one who didn’t follow makes him feel so bad he could probably cry for a week if he were to lose Myungsoo after everything.

 

He sighs and takes a look at Myungsoo again. He got his left elbow over the window, looking like he’s thinking about something so deeply. Maybe he have hurt him?

 

“Um… Myungsoo-“

 

“Yeah?”

 

He flinched by the coldness of the younger’s voice and that can only make him feel more bad that he ed this night up.

 

“You know that I stayed silent back there because I don’t know what to say, right? I hope you don’t take it wrongly… I just don’t know what to say and I feel like everything is a joke and-“

 

“I’m not the type to joke about these things, Sungyeol. I really wanted to start something with you.”

 

“I know. I know that… you made me know that tonight.” He bites his lower lip again, trying to stop himself from crying. “I just feel so overwhelmed by my own feelings and yours didn’t help me either so… can you give me some time?”

 

“Time? Sungyeol, we spent those years not knowing we feel the same way about each other and now that I’m actually doing the first move, you back away… why?”

 

“It’s because you’re intimidating. You’re a dream come true and I honestly think I can never have you, yet you…” he stops and his throat hurts for suppressing too many emotions and it’s piling up inside him. “Yet you actually tell me all of that in one go and-“

 

“Well I’m sorry if I’m feeling like I have to. I’ve been stopping myself for doing exactly what I did back there for years, Sungyeol. You can’t blame me.”

 

“Why are you angry? Is everything that’s happening now, my fault?”

 

“No it isn’t. I just feel so bad and I feel like, what if I told you this before? Will this also be the ending for us? Because if it is, then I’d rather not tell you… but I did and I ed up and now… now I’m losing you.”

 

Myungsoo steps out of his car and Sungyeol’s mouth hung open. That’s fear in Myungsoo’s eyes just now. That’s definitely fear in his eyes just now. Did the younger’s feelings more than he can actually see it?

 

He also steps out of Myungsoo’s car and joined the younger as he sits in front of it. It’s cold and he’s slightly shivering.

 

“Myungsoo-“

 

“Get inside, Sungyeol. It’s cold out here.”

 

“But-“

 

“I’ll figure things out somehow… I’m just sorry I ed up. Maybe I can try harder next time.”

 

“Myungsoo, it’s not actually you who need to try harder next time… it’s me-“

 

“No.” Myungsoo smiles and takes off his gloves and give it to him. “Give me another chance to make this work… I know I can do it… maybe I just got too excited knowing that I can finally have you now so I poured everything on you in one go and that ed this up but…” he held Sungyeol’s hands, take it on his lips and kissed it. “I know I can make you mine. I know I can make you love me as much as you did before… so please let me keep trying.”

 

Sungyeol feels lost in the moment. He want to tell Myungsoo that there’s no need to that because like the younger, his feelings for the other since they were in high school are still intact inside him. But then he smiles and nodded, making Myungsoo let out those dimply smiles.

 

“Thank you… I’ll make it right the next time so please—“

 

“I know you will.” You don’t even have to. “Anyway-“

 

“Eh? Why are you guys already here?”

 

The two of them looks at Woohyun, Sunggyu, Hoya and Dongwoo exiting the Lee residence. “Are you guys just about to leave our home?”

 

“Yes. But wait, answer my question. Why are you guys already here?” Woohyun insisted, trying to warm himself up through Sunggyu’s arms. “Aren’t you supposed to be on a date and not in front of your house, Sungyeol? You’re not even out for two hours yet!”

 

“Don’t tell me you ed things up Sungyeol?”

 

“What? Of course not-“

 

“It’s not like that.” Myungsoo held his hands and give it a squeeze. “I actually ed it up.”

 

“What?” Hoya and Woohyun looked at each other as they talked in unison. Woohyun continues. “You ed it up? How?”

 

“I told him my feelings.”

 

“And that ed it up?” Woohyun gave him a warning glare, asking what the is going on but he can’t actually talk if they’re all outside and Myungsoo still there.”

 

“He unfortunately doesn’t feel the same way before for me.”

 

“He doesn’t?!” Hoya pushes Woohyun on the side and looks straight to Myungsoo’s eyes. “That is one hell of a big fat lie! You believed him?!”

 

Myungsoo was confused for a while but momentarily nodded. “He didn’t give me the answer I wanted when I asked him something about us starting something.”

 

“Wait wait, so you actually feel the same to him since High School?” Woohyun clarifies, making Sungyeol rolled his eyes and pull the hem of the older’s shirt. “Don’t pull me when I’m asking, Lee Sungyeol. So?” he asked Myungsoo again.

 

“Well, yeah… I do. But-“

 

“Oh my God! And you’re actually letting this slip off your hands?! Oh my God Lee Sungyeol! Get inside and we’ll talk! Oh my God! I hate you so much right now! How come you’re giving your own love story a bitter ending!? Oh my God!”

 

Woohyun shove him back inside their house and Hoya apologized to the other three as he follows their friends back in the Lee household. The three looked at each other.

 

“Looks like I’ll stay here longer than expected.” Dongwoo said and Sunggyu gave him one apologetic pat on his shoulder.

 

“And I’ll take my leave. Woohyun is probably staying here tonight.” He turns to his cousin who was already opening his car door for him. “Tell Woohyun to drive my car safely back home.”

 

Dongwoo nods and the cousins finally leave the place. No one dares to talk with the Kim’s. Sunggyu doesn’t know how to start a conversation on someone that might actually get himself rejected and Myungsoo doesn’t actually want to talk about it.

 

But then he remembers something and he slightly turn to Sunggyu who was on his phone, probably sending Woohyun a text.

 

“You have more places to suggest for me? The one that doesn’t offer a garden on my plate?”

 

“Why? I thought you got rejected-“

 

“Who gets himself rejected? Probably not me, er. So give me a list of another place where they actually offered foods and not garden on our plates.”

 

“Did Sungyeol hate the place?”

 

“Yes he did. And I personally hated it too. The place is so dark to even eat.”

 

“Are you taking him out on a date again?”

 

“Yes. There’s no way I’m giving up now. He still likes me… he just got overwhelmed by my and his own feelings altogether. So?” he gives Sunggyu his palm. “The list of places where I could take him?”

 

“I’ll sent it to you later.” He said scrolling on his phone. “Be thankful that I actually keep it noted whenever Woohyun likes a place I brought him for our date.”

 

“That’s good to know.”

 

--

 

“What exactly happened, Sungyeol? Why did Myungsoo said you rejected him?”

 

“Woo, he didn’t say that.” Sungyeol starts to change his clothes in front of his friends before he sit down beside Woohyun. “No one got rejected okay? I just asked him for more time so I could think things over. I mean… this is too much for me to handle so-“

 

“So you chickened out” Woohyun asked harshly with his arms folded on his chest. “I can’t believe you, Lee Sungyeol. Your long time crush took the privilege to actually start something with you… what gotten you scared? You waited for him to come back, Sungyeol.”

 

He let out a tired sigh and falls back on his bed. “It’s just too much for me now, Woo… I can’t actually think right now.”

 

“But it was a lie right?”

 

“What is, Hoya?” Sungyeol asked as he turn around to get himself a comfortable position on his bed.

 

“That you don’t feel the same as before for him?”

 

“Of course it was a lie… he misunderstood me from that point. There’s no way I’d feel different for him even after all these years.”

 

“Then why didn’t you clarify it with him?” Woohyun asked, irritated now.

 

“Maybe because I wanted something more from him?”

 

“You want to be ed by him?”

 

Sungyeol looks at his friends disgustingly. “What the actual guys? It’s not that!”

 

“Then what?” Hoya asked, now as irritated as Woohyun. Their friend is being such a queen and confusing and annoying at the same time. What the ?

 

“Don’t tell me you actually wanted to be courted by him?” Woohyun pressed it and Hoya’s eyes shines like a diamond, thinking they finally figured it out. And by the way Sungyeol looked blank, they guess they’re right. Woohyun lay down beside Sungyeol and Hoya follows. “What he actual , Lee Sungyeol. You’re not even a girl to be courted.”

 

“Well… I just wanted us to take it slow, okay? There’s no harm in doing it slow.”

 

“There is harm in doing it slow.” Hoya insisted as he looks at his friends faces as they lay back down Sungyeol’s bed.

 

“What is it, Hoya? Tell this friend of ours so he could finally let everything happen. Come on.”

 

“Yeah tell me, I wanna know too.”

 

The second oldest of them smiled wickedly and something tells Sungyeol that what’s about to leave Hoya’ mouth is something not really meant hearing.

 

“You’ll get laid later than sooner.“

 

“Oh my .”

 

“He’s right.”

 

“Double . I can’t with you two! My gosh!”

 

And his friends laugh at him as he gets redder and redder as he thinks about it.

 

--

 

A/N: Oh my gosh, I FINALLY UPDATED THIS STORY AFTER SO MANY DAYS! OMG, I’M CRYING. HAHAHAHA Anyway, tell me what you think of this chapter guys.

 

And I’m sorry again if it came out late.