011: Be Mine

Love, Finally?

Sungyeol kicked off his shoes and get inside of their house only to find Moonsoo and Daeyeol sprawled with each other under the same blanket while holding the controller. Byeol, Aga and Jureumi are above the two younger boys as they slept and for the first time after he run out of the party, he smiled. He walk towards the game console and turn it off before he run a gentle hand over his brother’s head to wake him up. Like him, Daeyeol is a light sleeper, but it must be comfortable with Moonsoo that he didn’t even move when Sungyeol entered the house.

 

Daeyeol opens his eyes and it widens as soon as he saw his hyung’s face looking down at him then he turns to the walk clock.

 

“You’re early hyung… why?”

 

He shook his head and looks at Moonsoo. “You two go sleep in your room, Dae. It’s too cold down here. Is Mom and Dad still not home?”

 

The younger nods and run a couple of circles against Moonsoo’s exposed tummy which Sungyeol find cute. Never did he thought that these two will be this close in a short period of time. “Dad called saying they’ll be staying in Yongin and go back tomorrow.”

 

Sungyeol hums in response and start ing his wrist buttons. “Have you both eaten already?”

 

Moonsoo gets up and rubs his eyes cutely and that suddenly given him the vision of Myungsoo waking up but it quickly leave his mind as he remembers why he’s home early that night.

 

“Yes we have… how about you? How was the party?”

 

“And where’s my hyung?”

 

The two Yeol looks at Moonsoo as he looks around, Sungyeol bites his lower lip and gets up. “I think you two needs to really get up and go back to Daeyeol’s room. I need to change into some more comfy clothes.”

 

“Hyung, you didn’t answer Moonsoo’s question.”

 

“Daeyeol, Moonsoo… I’m tired okay? Let’s not talk about this tonight. So be a good boy and just go back to Daeyeol’s room and sleep.”

 

The two looks at each other questioningly as they watch Sungyeol goes up to his room and they both know that they both have question that didn’t even left their mouths that night as they locked the doors and follow Sungyeol’s order.

 

Back in his own room, Sungyeol lay down on his bed and focus on the walls. This isn’t the way he has in mind to end that night for him and Myungsoo. This isn’t it. This could’ve been the beginning of their everything if that stupid letter didn’t happen back there at the party. Why must it become like this anyway?

 

He’s planning on saying yes to Myungsoo that same night because hey, now that he realized it, that day is the same day when he found Myungsoo at the courtyard taking pictures, the time when he last saw Myungsoo in high school, the time he found out Myungsoo passed his exams in the same University he go to and the same day he found Myungsoo again after all those years they didn’t see each other.

 

Yes, same day. If this isn’t destiny being good to them, then he doesn’t know what this is. And maybe only he noticed that. Maybe Myungsoo didn’t notice what he noticed.

 

But destiny isn’t that all good to them because this is also the same day he got his heart into so much regrets for not being able to have him.

 

This is insane. He’s totally going insane. Maybe this lifetime is not for them again. Maybe that’s how he should be thinking about it? But why can’t he accept the fact that he probably lost his chance again?

 

He gets up from his bed and put his hand on his chest, where his heart is and true enough, even his heart hates the idea of losing Myungsoo again. But what can he do? If the younger realized that he likes girls in the last minute, then he should feel happy for him, right?

 

He ended up in the shower longer than expected, wishing the cold water could wash away the idea of losing Myungsoo once again in his life…

 

Funny thing is he never had him.

 

--

 

Woohyun goes to where Myungsoo is who was obviously looking around for his bestfriend. He saw how Sungyeol walks out when Myungsoo goes to their table to find his keys and he was so ready to yell at his bestfriend but the tears falling from Sungyeol’s eyes stops him.

 

What the happened?

 

All of them heard the message Myungsoo have for Sungyeol and also, all of them are confused as to why Sungyeol left because of that and even cry.

 

Hoya walks beside him and he looks at the other. “What the just happened? That message is obviously for him right?” he asked and Hoya’s eyebrows raised into one of those signature are-you-that-stupid look.

 

“That dork of a Niel just made everything more complicated. I think our friend misunderstood.”

 

“.”

 

He walks faster towards Myungsoo who was still looking around. When they reached the younger, Niel came down from stage too.

 

“This is fun! Where is Sungyeol-hyung?”

 

“The you’re still asking that?” Hoya growls and Niel took a step back. “You clearly made him misunderstood!”

 

“What? What did I do?”

 

“What the Niel! I know you’re better than that!” Woohyun now and grab the tall guy by his shirt. “You knew better than that, you !”

 

“But-“

 

“You er! If our friend ended up crying, I’ll kill you!”

 

“But he’s already crying when he left the place, Hoya. Come on, let’s go to Myungsoo.”

 

Hoya gave Niel one last look before they finally get to Myungsoo who’s now trying to call somebody.

 

“What the Sungyeol… no way in hell you’ll run away from me again.” Is what they heard from him when they’re close enough.

 

Woohyun taps Myungsoo’s shoulder and the younger turn around to him with an annoyed face. “Hyung, I don’t have time for you. Sungyeol is-“

 

“Sungyeol is already gone. He went home when you took your keys from the table.”

 

Myungsoo gapes at him and seems not to be believing him, but Woohyun didn’t even break a smile.

 

“That letter Niel-ssi reads just now… it was for Sungyeol right?”

 

“Of course it is! Who else could it be for? Besides, where is that Niel? I ought to kill that kid.”

 

Hoya stops him when he spotted Niel beside Sunggyu and Dongwoo. “Let me kill that bastard-“

 

“No, enough. Don’t hurt him, it won’t help you fix the mess-“

 

“But he started this mess!”

 

“Myungsoo calm the down!” Hoya held him in place and he calm down, but too weak to sit in the nearest seat beside him.

 

Once he’s seated, he covered his face with his palms and started thinking. “There’s no way I’d let that to ruin us now… we’re almost there, hyung… there’s just no way I’d lose him again now…”

 

Woohyun sits beside him and Hoya remained standing. Honestly, they can feel how devastated Myungsoo is. Sungyeol misunderstood everything and run away from him, trying to find cover so he won’t get hurt, but he did, so he runaway as fast as he can away from everyone. Away from Myungsoo.

 

Even them as these two’s friend doesn’t want to end it this way. They’ve come from the no-interaction-at-all relationship to here now and it’s ruined in one false humour.

 

Woohyun could swear to kill Niel for saying it was for that Doyeon when it fact it’s for Sungyeol. Making their friend take it the wrong way… just pure . One wrong move.

 

“I think you should just let him go Myungs-“

 

“There’s no way!”

 

Woohyun and Hoya shuts up and Woohyun kicked Hoya on his shin, the younger hissed in pain. “”That’s not what I mean! I mean, I think he should just let Sungyeol go for a while. Now is not really a good time for them to talk when Sungyeol is in deep pain. I think we should let him be by himself for now… I’m just suggesting.”

 

“Do you really think space could suffice? We have to tell him now before he could even think of forgetting Myungsoo completely.”

 

“Woohyun, our friend is hurt, okay? Space is the right thing to give someone who just got hurt. Let’s leave him alone for now.”

 

“That’s Hoya. Myungsoo is not at fault here. That Nie-“

 

“Niel might be the one in the wrong here, but still, let’s give Sungyeol the space he needs. I’ve had enough of this already, maybe a good time away from each other will heal all wounds and open up new beginning for them.”

 

“Hoya, they spent years without each other. How could you suggest another time for them to be away from each other? You’re insensitive as .”

 

Sunggyu pulls Woohyun to get up and Dongwoo took Hoya away from Woohyun when they glare at each other. The two will clearly fight if they didn’t do that. Myungsoo is in the depth of his thought when the lights went off and the disco ball goes around once more. The party started again when he gets up.

 

“Maybe Hoya-hyung is right… maybe I need to give him space. For him to think…”

 

--

 

If you’re ready to talk, I’ll always be around… just tell me when you wanted to see me, I’ll be with you in a jiffy.

 

It’s been one and a half month since that last message from Myungsoo graces his phone. No phone calls were made after that night. He must admit that he’s disappointed that he wasn’t even chased by Myungsoo to explain things, but who is he kidding? That only proves that the letter read by Niel is for Doyeon.

 

One and a half month of not seeing Myungsoo or his friends have helped him be with himself and be strong for himself… at least that’s what he thinks.

 

Just recently, when Woohyun called him out, the three of them together with Hoya didn’t talk about him at all. Instead, the two laid out some of their ideas with their weddings especially Woohyun. His bestfriend is looking so happy and who is he to feel bitter for that?

 

He goes living on his own in those one and a half month as well. Thinking how Moonsoo is always in their house suffocates him so he called it quits and go on his own.

 

One and a half months of trying to forget about what ended him and Myungsoo.

 

One and a half month of coping up with his everyday life without Myungsoo.

 

One and a half month of him dwelling in his own misery of losing what’s not his in the first place.

 

And he honestly thinks that’s pathetic. Crying over someone or something that isn’t yours is pathetic. But who is he to deny that he’s hurt because he thought Myungsoo is his? All his. Not Doyeon’s. Not even Krystal’s. His.

 

Seems like he’s been in his wishful thinking way too long that he ended up this way.

 

“Sungyeol, are you still with us?”

 

Sungyeol stopped fumbling with his pen and looked at the four faces of men he was having a powerhouse meeting with. He called out his friends to talk about his plan with them, plan of opening a new café restaurant. He was happy to see them again, really. But his friends don’t look like they’re convinced that he’s okay.

 

In one and a half month, he quitted work and finally decided to work on something that would really make him happy and contented. Opening up his own café restaurant is one step away from Myungsoo. One step away from what’s making him weak and vulnerable.

 

“Yeah… I’m with you.”

 

“Then tell us what design you like for this thing already. We’ve been on this for two hours now.”

 

“Um… yeah. What’s the design again?”

 

All four sighs and Sunggyu leans back on his seat, annoyed.

 

“Kim Myungsoo,” he reads from the piece of paper he took away from Sungyeol. “Now I know what’s keeping you distracted. At least I’d know it’s my cousin’s fault if this plan goes straight to the trash bin.”

 

Sungyeol snatched the paper away from Sunggyu. “Do not go around in something that didn’t concern this business, Kim.”

 

“If you haven’t noticed it yet Lee, he has become part of this meeting.” Sunggyu smirks at him and take his phone out. “He already ruined this meeting.”

 

“He has not.”

 

“Sungyeol, Sunggyu is right.” Dongwoo insisted and stops him from getting up. “If you’re not in the mood to talk about your plans with us then maybe we should just go home and rest?”

 

Woohyun sighs and loosen his own tie. “Actually, I’m bored. Maybe we should go watch a movie or something? What do you say Babe?”

 

“I need to go back to the hospital.” Sunggyu looks at him drily. “Myungsoo will be all around the hospital if I didn’t.”

 

“You know what, why not talk about Sungyeol and Myungsoo? It’s been almost two months and I swear to my dear life that Myungsoo is getting dumb even though he’s a nurse.” Sunggyu added and Sungyeol starts wrapping up his things. “Sit the down and listen to me first, Sungyeol. Did you know how many times he was scolded by his father because he was using the stethoscope wrongly in one of our major patients?”

 

“I’m not asking for a news about him, Sunggyu.” He snapped but the older continues.

 

“He even hurt one kid with the injection like what the … all calls through his personal phone and he loses every concentration he has. He’ll lose his job and position in our hospital if he keeps this up.”

 

“You know what Yeol? You’re like Myungsoo. You’re both dumb.” Woohyun teases but he let out a sly smirk.

 

“I’m not dumb.”

 

“Then why are you still here?”

 

“He doesn’t want me and you all know that.”

 

Silence engulfs them and Sungyeol feels like crying again because of that. He wanted Woohyun to continue talking like how he always does it but that good friend of his stops.

 

Then Hoya sighs. “You’re the only guy he’s after… why do you think he wouldn’t want you? Sungyeol, if you only give him a chance to explain-“

 

“Oh would you look at the time. I have to go and brush Aga’s teeth and bathe Jureumi. I got to go guys-“

 

“Stop running away, Sungyeol. It’s been almost two months. Quit running already.”

 

He’s now irritated as he throw a glance at Woohyun who was looking at him with those strong gazes of his. “I am not running away.”

 

“You just did, back at the party and now. You always run away.”

 

“I’m not running away, see? I’m standing still.”

 

Woohyun sighs and stood as well to face him. “Remember the bet? You once told us that you’ll be the one to propose to him once you see him again.”

 

“And I already told you guys, I already did that!”

 

“No one sees you did it so what?” Hoya joins in. Sunggyu and Dongwoo shake their heads for they know where this will be going.

 

Sungyeol gritted his teeth. “I don’t care about your bets. I don’t give a anymore-“

 

“You’re a coward, Lee Sungyeol. You know what could end that night but you runaway and keep yourself inside your comfort zone when you could’ve have him that night just because of that letter. You’re a coward!”

 

Sungyeol almost threw punches against Woohyun but Sunggyu stops him. “You know I wanted to have him, Woohyun. You know that. , you even knew the plan from 1 to finish so don’t you ing call me a coward.”

 

Woohyun smirks. “But you didn’t even tell him that.”

 

“I already told you, I wanted to. But he has someone he truly loves.”

 

“How did that happened? Did he tell you?” Dongwoo joins in too and Sungyeol rolled his eyes. Now everyone is questioning him and he almost run away from that café which is inside Woohyun’s village. The same village Myungsoo is living at and he knew that the younger is somewhere inside there.

 

“Simple. He fell in love and I’m broken-hearted.”

 

“Did he tell you that he’s inlove with someone else personally?”

 

“You all heard the message back at the party, you little pieces of s.” He snapped.

 

“So he never did personally tell you, you still have hope.”

 

“What the are you talking about Sunggyu? I’m done hoping.”

 

“Then how about proposing to him again?”

 

“I already did that!”

 

“No one sees it!”

 

“I’m not a liar, Woohyun. What the ?”

 

“But you still don’t have a witness to prove your innocence.”

 

He gives up and slumped back on his seat. His friend really big time. He’s so tired dealing with them.

 

“You know what? Fine. I don’t care anymore. Think however you want it. I’m leaving.”

 

When he stood again, the speaker attached from posts outside that café let out a sound. He already saw speakers around the street of that village and it was being used whenever there’s an official announcement in that village.

 

“Announcement… everyone is invited to please come and be a witness of Mr. Lee Sungyeol’s message for Mr. Kim Myungsoo in the village’s covered court. Please be there… thank you.”

 

He recognized that voice. It was Sungjong’s. That kid. How dare he?

 

He gave his friends the look and all of them are looking at him knowingly. “You guys… what the hell is this?”

 

Sunggyu stands and throw an arm over his shoulder. “So, let’s go?”

 

He pats Sunggyu’s arm away. “What the hell? No!”

 

The reason why Woohyun requested for them to do the meeting there is this? . . .

 

“There’s no way I’d come with you guys-“

 

“Someone has to win in the bet, Yeollie. Let’s go.”

 

“NO. WOO-“

 

But who is he kidding? Woohyun works out. Hoya too. And Dongwoo is kind enough to take both of his feet as the other two carries him with his arms.

 

“Shall we go?”

 

“ I swear to whoever it is that could hear this that I’ll kill you both!”

 

“Kill us after you propose to Myungsoo.”

 

--

 

A/N: One last chapter for this and I’ll be dooooooone! My thesis defense will be on March 15 so no updates from me until that day. Okay? Leave comments subbies.