003: It has to be now

Love, Finally?

The next morning, everything is back to awkwardness. Myungsoo left Sungyeol in his living room while he prepares their breakfast. The taller can’t fully have the idea of having breakfast with his ultimate crush sink in his mind so he just remained seated there, totally in blank.

 

The younger opened the television for him and it’s clear to him that the weather is really bad that some areas are flooded and that can only be mean one thing for him: More days with Myungsoo. Well yeah, because it’s still raining hard and there’s no way his delusional annoying friends will help him get away from the younger.

 

He sighs heavily as he stare blankly to the wide glass window in the younger’s living room where he could see the rain pouring down massively.

 

That’s the sight Myungsoo came into. The taller looking away from his direction, sighing. He put the foods down on the table before coming closer to the taller who seems immersed by the rain drop.

 

“Sungyeol—“

 

“Oh my gosh”

 

“SUNGYEOL!”

 

Myungsoo failed to pull Sungyeol as he reacted totally out of the ordinary and fell on his own on the side of the sofa, causing him to hit his head on—thankfully—a carpeted floor.

 

“Ouch… oh my God… I swear ever since you came back, nothing happens to me but accident… Ouch my head—“

 

“I’m so sorry… come, sit over here. I’ll take a look at it.” Myungsoo helps Sungyeol to get up, but as if the taller got hurt by his touch, Sungyeol backs away from him and stand on his own.

 

“I can get up on my own… I-I’m fine. This won’t kill me…”

 

Myungsoo got the feeling that he’s hated by the taller, sighs. “Just to be sure… let me look at it for yo—“

 

“I said no.” Sungyeol cut him off and Myungsoo remains silent for a while before he broke the silence again. “I mean… I already told you that I’m fine so…”

 

“Are you sure?” Myungsoo insisted. “There could be a blood forming inside your head—“

 

“There’ll be none. I know my own body and I told you, I’m fine.” Sungyeol tries to smile the pain away. “Anyway, why did you suddenly came out from my back? Do you need help or something?”

 

Myungsoo shook his head. “I was going to call you for breakfast. You seem pretty immersed on looking outside the window so…” he shrugs and then smile again. “Come, I prepared the breakfast. Forgive me for what I can provide… I’m not used to eating breakfast.”

 

“You don’t usually eat breakfast too?” Sungyeol asked following the younger. “I don’t too. I thought it’ll be rude to ask for coffee after you started preaparing.”

 

Myungsoo looks back at him. “I should’ve ask before preparing then… I’m so sorry about that.”

 

Sungyeol seated. “No, it’s okay. Now that it’s prepared, we can’t throw it out right?”

 

Myungsoo smiles shyly and seated on the seat across him, pouring coffee in their cups. “Good thing I didn’t prepare anything heavy… here’s your coffee.”

 

“Thanks…”

 

He reached out for his mug of coffee and touched a small portion of the younger’s fingers and Sungyeol is surprised on his own reaction towards it. He looks away to hide everything in his face because Myungsoo might find him disgusting if he sees his blushing face.

 

“Have you called your parents and your work? I don’t think it’ll be really nice to go out.”

 

Sungyeol looks back at the younger who’s applying some strawberry jam over his toast. “I just did. Thanks for lending me your charger, my mom were so worried.”

 

Myungsoo nods. “Sure. How about work?”

 

“Oh, I received a text from one of my co-worker and he said there’ll be no work today.” He reached out for the bread knife and start spreading some jam too. “How about you? No duty today?”

 

The thing about Myungsoo being a nurse still shocked Sungyeol to the bones. He was pretty sure the younger wanted to be a photographer. He always sees him with his camera back in those days.

 

The younger sips from his cup before looking back at him. “My duty is at night so it’s still good.”

 

“I see… you know what?”

 

“What?”

 

“I’m still surprised you pursue something different from what you really like… I mean—“ Sungyeol shuts his mouth suddenly when he realized Myungsoo is giving him the look. “I… I’m sorry…”

 

“No, please continue. You mean what?”

 

He gulped and cleared his throat before looking away to continue talking. “I mean, I always see you with your camera around your neck so…”

 

“Well, things happen so yeah… I have to give up on that. How about you?”

 

“What about me?” Sungyeol asked shocked that the younger really asked.

 

“I mean, how are you? What do you do in your life?”

 

“Oh… my life. Um, well I’m an IT Warehouse personnel.”

 

“You like that?”

 

“Well, I don’t have much in me to select what I really want so I just go to whatever… Thankfully I have yet to regret betting my instinct.” He said quite proudly. “My mom asked me a million times before I decided for my college, you can say she’s more worried for it than me.”

 

“Mom’s are usually the worry ones when it comes to their child future.” Myungsoo handed him the butter. “You’re lucky.”

 

“Anyway, are you married?”

 

He already blurted that one out when he realized what he just asked. He widened his eyes as Myungsoo stops whatever he was doing to look at him. He averted his eyes from the younger and rain explicit inside his head. YOU ARE SO STUPID, LEE SUNGYEOL. Can you please be smart even just for one in your life? Oh my God!

 

“I… I mean—“

 

“I wouldn’t say yes to your proposal if I am… right?”

 

He froze as Myungsoo smiles at him. He remembers that ing proposal? OF ALL THE THINGS TO REMEMBER ABOUT OUR MEETI— Oh wait, there’s only that to remember from our meeting because we actually didn’t have that many but… OH MY GOD LEE SUNGYEOL!

 

“Um… about that… that’s a joke so… can you forget about it? I was just intimidated by suddenly seeing you and was hallucinating so…” he clasped his hands together. “Please forget about that stupidity of mine…” he begged closing his eyes in the process.

 

“You can stop begging now…” there’s a hint of giggle from the younger’s voice so he opened his eyes and saw Myungsoo looking at him, smiling. “I know you’re joking when you said that.”

 

See? There’s no way he’d take you seriously. “Y-yeah… of course…”

 

Myungsoo stands and bring his plate to the sink. “I’ll prepare your medicine so you can take it today too and I’ll bring in your clothes. I bet they’re already dry.”

 

“O-okay… thanks again and sorry for the bother.”

 

“It’s no big deal.” Myungsoo smiled before going inside his own room, leaving Sungyeol biting his lower lip.

 

You are so stupid, Lee Sungyeol.

 

Myungsoo goes back with medicines on his palm and lend it to him. “Take these so your recovery goes steady. Your clothes are still wet… but they’ll dry off soon.”

 

“Yes… thank you.”

 

He took the medicine in one go and Myungsoo sits on his seat again. “How about you Sungyeol? You’re not married yet too?”

 

Sungyeol carefully put the glass down. “I wouldn’t ask you to marry me if I am—“

 

“And I thought we’re trying to forget about that.”

 

He looks away. “I’m not married yet too…”

 

“I see. I wonder why…”

 

Sungyeol looks back at him and Myungsoo look back. “Why aren’t you married yet? Whatever happens to Krystal Jung back in highschool?”

 

“Krystal? My best friend? She’s married to Kim Jongin already.”

 

Oh… Yay? He smiled internally to that. “Really?”

 

“Yup, really.”

 

Oh. OH. OHH. He smiled. “That’s… news. I mean, I thought you’re dating her back in high school…”

 

“People think like that back then huh?” Myungsoo leans back on his seat and looks at him intently which he openly accepted. He stare back.”How about you? Why aren’t you married yet?”

 

“Well, I’m waiting for someone, though I’m sure he won’t even notice me—“ . I just said he. SHIIIIT. “I mean…” he nervously looks up to see what the younger’s reaction was. “…I hope you don’t find that disgusting…”

 

“What is?” Myungsoo asked confused.

 

“I mean me liking a ‘he’?”

 

“I don’t find it disgusting… so you were saying?”

 

He’s asking me to continue… “As I was saying, I am waiting for someone whom I’m sure won’t even notice me… though he pretty much noticed me just recently…” Myungsoo stare back at him as he created the eye contact between them before he looks away again. The weight of the younger’s stares are heavy as if choking him. He’s hoping it isn’t give him out.

 

“Whoever they are, they’re stupid to not notice you…”

 

He bite his lower lip again. Oh my God, crush just called himself stupid unknowingly…

 

“I won’t say it that way… I mean, I’m scared to risk everything too so…”

 

“So you just let the chances slipped?” Sungyeol nods and Myungsoo clicked his tongue. “Me too. I let it all slipped and now I don’t know if we’re still okay to even restart or maybe start something now…”

 

Sungyeol’s heart clenches. So he’s like me… “You said you don’t find it disgusting for me to like a ‘he’… what if one of my friends confesses to you?” he asked carefully.

 

“You mean if you confess to me?”

 

Sungyeol didn’t look away he’s trapped in Myungsoo’s eyes. The younger is smiling at him slyly. “Why is it suddenly on me?”

 

“Well… your friends are all committed… it’s only you who’s single among your bunch and I don’t think it’ll be nice to confess when you’re already committed so…” he shrugs. “If you confess to me I wouldn’t mind it at all…” he looks up to Sungyeol. “I wouldn’t mind at all.”

 

Myungsoo gets up again to go back to his room, leaving Sungyeol alone in the dining table, almost sliding down from his seat.

 

That is another stupid thing to say, handsome man. YOU’RE SOOOO STUPID.

 

--

 

The awkwardness continues till night that the rain subsides and it’s okay for Sungyeol to go. The two decided to drop the taller first before Myungsoo goes off for his duty.

 

Myungsoo’s car stopped in front of their house so Sungyeol unbuckled his seatbelt. “Um… do you want to go inside? I’d like to offer you a drink to compensate a little…”

 

“You don’t have to. You already thanked me a lot today—“

 

“But I insist.”

 

Myungsoo sighs and pull off his car keys before stepping out, locking it and followed Sungyeol’s lead inside his house.

 

“You still live with your parents?”

 

“Um, yes. But right now they’re probably back in Yongin. Mom texted me that they’ll be going back early today.”

 

Sungyeol lift the flower pot beside the door for the keys and opened their door with it.

 

They’re already inside when Sungyeol realized how messy it is inside. “Excuse the mess… my baby brother Daeyeol can be a little messy…” he laughs awkwardly as he kick the throw pillows scattered all over the floor. Also picking up some lego pieces.

 

“I swear if my cat swallowed one of these and died, I am killing him as well… he murmurs. Myungsoo sits on one of the sofa as Sungyeol worries himself around the house.

 

When suddenly, something meowed beside him. He looks down and was scared for a while but it meowed again… “Is this thing a cat?” he carried the cat and examined it.

 

That’s the scene Sungyeol came into. Myungsoo smiled gently at his cat and he thinks it’s adorable.

 

“That’s my cat… no wonder it’s not coming even after calling it…”

 

“What’s his name?”

 

“Jureumi…”

 

“A he?”

 

“Yup. He usually hates people… he’s okay with you.”

 

Myungsoo only smiled and Sungyeol left the two there so he could prepare a drink for Myungsoo. “Are you okay to stay here for your coffee? Your shift doesn’t smart soon?”

 

“My shift doesn’t smart before 10pm so it’s good.”

 

It’s only 7pm. Sungyeol thought to himself as he takes a glimpse of their wall clock. “That means I made you go out early… you should be resting before your shift and yet you—“

 

Myungsoo lets Jureumi down and played with it with a cat toy near it. “It’s okay. Sometimes it’s better arriving earlier than what your co-workers… here Jureumi.”

 

He watched Myungsoo playing with Jureumi and he thinks that cute, before Myungsoo looks up to him, making him to look away. Myungsoo carried Jureumi again and went closer to the kitchen counter. “I have a cat named Byeol too…”

 

“Byeol?”

 

“Yup. I named it after my first love…”

 

First love? “Oh… that’s romantic.”

 

Myungsoo dimply smiled at him. “It’s my way for not forgetting about that first love. Someday, I’ll have the guts to tell my first love that I like him… even after many years of not seeing each other.”

 

Bye bye chances. “I see…” he said quite sadly. “…that’s really nice.”

 

“It is. I just hope I came back just in time…”

 

Sungyeol may be the evilest person but he wished Myungsoo lost his chances with his first love too… because that will give him a chance with the younger.

 

“By the way Sungyeol… have you received the invitation for our high school reunion?”

 

He pour coffee on the younger’s cup. “Yes. Woohyun and Hoya are one of the event organizers so I received mine early.”

 

“I see… so do you mind going together?” the younger asked with his attention with Jureumi.

 

He looks at the younger weirdly. “Together? Why? You should be going with Krystal and—wait. We’re not in the same batch so why are you asking me about the high school reunion?”

 

“Oh. Because Woohyun and Hoya sent invitations for out batch too and the next batch after us.”

 

THOSE GUYS! THEY DIDN’T EVEN INFORM ME ABOUT THOSE BIG CHANGES! “I-I see.”

 

“So?”

 

“So what?” he asked as he placed the cup before the younger.

 

“Do you want to go together?”

 

“Well… I do need a ride. I’ll ask—“ no, asking those two won’t help me. “…I mean yes. Sure, let’s go together.”

 

Myungsoo nods and take the coffee in one go before standing. “Then can I have your number? So I can call you when that time comes.”

 

Oh, yay. “Uh, sure.” He let out his phone and gave it to the younger. “Save yours and I’ll be the one to send you a text so you could save mine.”

 

“Oh, okay.” Myungsoo took it from him and saved his own number and give it back to Sungyeol before taking his own phone out. “Send me a text.”

 

He typed a message for Myungsoo and he thought for a second. This will be the first message he’ll send his ultimate crush, it should have an impact.

 

He typed and hit send button. He watched the younger’s face upon receiving it. He smiled.

 

“I thought we’ll forget about this?” he said and typed a message back.

 

And if the younger isn’t in front of him that moment, he should’ve done somersault for all he cares.

 

Yes Sungyeol… I’ll marry you.

 

He watched the younger’s car fled as he hugged his phone near his erratically beating heart. He gets inside and found his phone to call his friends.

 

“Hello?”

 

“Sungyeol, what’s up?”

 

He smiled once he heard his friends’ voices over the phone. “Did I ever mention how I love you both so much?”

 

Silence before Woohyun breaks it. “I’m waiting for you to tell us that… what’s up with the sudden I love you?”

 

“Yeah, Dongwoo just heard you and thought you’re confessing. Eww dude, but I love you too. What brought this call?”

 

“Well…” he jumped over the sofa, tummy first and giggle like he’s a fifteen year old kid. “…I just want to thank you two for giving me another chance to meet Myungsoo.”

 

“Whatever do you mean by that?” the two asked in sync and Sungyeol find it funny.

 

“I mean… didn’t you make the upcoming reunion merged with their batch? No need to hide it from me you know?”

 

Another silence. He can hear Woohyun honking his horns so maybe the older is out driving. Hoya mentioned Dongwoo so the other is probably with the older.

 

“Sungyeol, I’m glad I heard you say I love you to me and Hoya but dude… you’re forgetting something here. Didn’t I cancel that reunion to a later date because I got engaged and I will be busy for that event in my life? I cancelled that reunion long ago.”

 

“Yeah. Didn’t Woo tell us that before his actual engagement party? Even before the meeting for his engagement party.”

 

Sungyeol sits up suddenly. “Then it’s only you, Hoya, to plan all that?”

 

“Dude, no. Didn’t you hear Woohyun? He cancelled that reunion because he got engaged. What’s with you? Something hit your head?”

 

He furrowed his eyebrows, trying to understand the situation. “Then who’s organizing the event now? D-did you receive the invitation? Aren’t you the one that sent me the invitation, Woo?”

 

“No. I received mine too just recently. I just said yes for the three of us.”

 

“Me too.”

 

“Then who’s the organizer?” he asked confusedly as he look for the invitation.

 

“I think it’s Lee Sungjong… and Jung Krystal. Aren’t they the two closest friends of Myungsoo back in High School?”

 

It’s right. Krystal Jung and Lee Sungjong are the names of the organizers…

 

What is happening here?

 

--

 

Myungsoo answered his phone as he drives using the speaker phone inside his car.

 

“Oppa, where are you right now?”

 

It was Krystal. He smiled. “On my way to work.”

 

“You’re late. Aren’t your shift usually starts at six? You’ll get scolded.”

 

He chuckles. “I just made a detour before going to work tonight. I’ll just ask them to deduct on my pay slip. Anyway, what brought this call?”

 

“I’m actually with Sungjong in a café. We’re discussing the High School Reunion. You received yours as well right?”

 

“The invitation? Yes. Thank you for that, by the way. Anyway, why are you asking?”

 

“Want to go together? Me, Kai, Jong and you.”

 

“Um… no. I’m on my own for that day, if you guys don’t mind. But I have to give it to you guys… you’re actually helping me now.” He smiled to himself.

 

“Eh? You’ll go alone? Why? And besides oppa. You should be preparing for this reunion. You’ll see him there again with high probability, right? Senior Woohyun called me to confirm that he’s coming with his two other friends. And we know who his two friends are…” she said teasingly.

 

“Well yeah…” he can’t suppress his smile. “Do you want to be my stylist on that day? I kind of need it…”

 

“If the price is right, sure.”

 

He giggles. “I just arrived in the hospital. I’ll be hanging up. About that day… yes, I need you so of course I’ll pay. After all, I’ll be arriving with him there.”

 

There’s silence in the other line. “No way. You’re kidding right?”

 

“Nope… Fortunately, my cousin’s wedding allow me to step up my game before you guys could even help me, which I appreciate, by the way, with all my heart.” He smiled again as he get off his car. “I’m arriving with Lee Sungyeol on that day so I have to look cool and handsome in front of him.”

 

“You found him?!”

 

He hangs up with a smile on his face and made his way inside the hospital where everyone greeted him. He just bows in return.

 

I’ll be taking all the chances I have now. It has to be now.

 

“YAH! KIM MYUNGSOO!”

 

But first, he still got to be reprimanded by his cousin because he’s late.

 

“Hi Sunggyu.”

 

“Don’t hi Sunggyu me. YOU’RE LATE.”

 

--

A/N: Hi guys. First, sorry for the delay on releasing this chapter of “LOVE, FINALLY?”, I have my reasons of releasing it late. The main reason is because our internet connection messed up last night when I was about to let it out. And the minor reason is because I got this chapter deleted and have to rewrite again.

 

I’d like to make some announcement. The updates for both stories of mine will not be the usual AGAIN, because FINALS is fast approaching and I have some stuff to do. Like memorizing codes and stuff. My course demands everything about me so… I can’t do many adjustments due to complications with my time table. I’m not the organize person. I’m messy. HAHA

 

BUT I WILL TRY TO UPDATE AS SOON AS I CAN FIND TIME, OKAY? Trust me, I won’t abandon nor erase any of my on-going stories. I just need some time off from here. Okay? Okay. For now, let me give you a cliffhanger on this story like how I did it with Once and Again yesterday. Hahahaha <3

 

See you soon and may I still have you guys waiting for me by the time I get back. Thaaaanks!