012: Standing Facing Each Other

Love, Finally?

Myungsoo heard it as loud and as clear as everyone else does as he jogs around the village that moment. He stopped on his tracks and some villagers there who knows him looks at him with too much anticipation.

 

I swear it was Sungjong just now… what the is happening?

 

He takes off his earphones and look around. Yep, everyone is looking at him as they come out of their houses and damn, he don’t know if now is the right time for him to move his feet and go to where the announcement is leading them all.

 

“Ah, Myungsoo-hyung!”

 

He turns around and found Taehyung being carried by Jungkook on his back. These two really… they’re the cutest couple he ever seen.

 

“Hey, Tae.” He nods on Jungkook.

 

“Aren’t you coming hyung? That announcement was made for you isn’t it?” Jungkook puts Taehyung down who starts whining and soon, he jumped on Jungkook again leaving the younger to roll his eyes but let him do what he wants. Taehyung pressed a kiss on Jungkook’s nape before looking at Myungsoo.

 

“Hyung, is someone proposing to you? Who’s Lee Sungyeol?”

 

“Isn’t that the reason we’re going to the covered court?” Jungkook fix Taehyung behind him because the older is falling bit by bit. “You stopped me on working out and asked me to carry you on my back just to go to the covered court because you can’t stop yourself for being curious about someone else’s affair.”

 

“Don’t tell me you’re not as curious as me, Kookie.”

 

“I am not even a bit curious-“

 

“Hey, that’s enough.” Myungsoo stops the two before they start fighting. “I don’t know if I’ll go. I heard my friend Sungjong doing the announcement so maybe it’s just a prank.”

 

Jungkook raised an eyebrow and look around before looking back at him. “I don’t think Sungjong-hyung will pull out a prank this massive.” He shrugs before walking passed by Myungsoo. “We’ll be waiting for you in the court, hyung.”

 

Taehyung waves happily at him and again, Myungsoo found himself torn between believing if it’s really happening or not. He sighs. It won’t hurt if I try.

 

If Sungjong and his friends ended up pranking him and just wanted to cheer him up, he’ll surely smack the younger down. Because the last thing he want right now is being pitied for. Not to mention the amount of people actually seeing it.

 

He lazily made his way to the covered court where everyone is going to, greeting him as they saw him and congratulating him with some unknown reason.

 

He takes his own sweet slow time before he set his feet inside the covered court and he almost gasped seeing Sungyeol in the middle of the place, because what the actual , is this really happening?

 

He’s torn between moving towards the taller who’s looking at him and staying where he is. He look around and found their friends happily eating sweet things. Taehyung and Jungkook are back with their friends and was chatting noisily in some part of that covered court. The pressure rises inside him because if this is a prank, it’s a huge one.

 

Taehyung smiles at him and mouthed to him to go ahead and approach the taller in the middle. Sungyeol is watching him, and it’s choking him deep inside knowing that the taller who has been ignoring him for what feels like forever is in front of him finally, and if this is all true, there’s no way he’d say no to him.

 

A pat on his shoulder made him turn to his side and found Niel smiling at him.

 

“What are you doing here?” he asked, almost irritated. He just can’t forget the fact that Niel is the root of all the complications between him and Sungyeol. “I swear to kill you this time if you try something stupid again-“

 

“I’m actually here to fix things.” Niel cut him off. “Sunggyu-hyung asked me to be here today for this reason. I never would’ve thought that they’ll do it to this extent.”

 

“What do you mean-“

 

“I’ll go first, before you. I need to explain things with him first.”

 

Myungsoo raised his eyebrow but was left behind when Niel started walking towards Sungyeol. Niel took the microphone from Woohyun who was giving him the glare, once together with the microphone, he looks around apologetically and finally locked gazes with Sungyeol.

 

“Before you could even start with your proposal, hyung, allow me to clear things okay?”

 

Sungyeol mumble a what he is this Niel heard by all because he was near enough  to Niel to get a hold of the microphone. Niel sighs deeply and then bows a whole 3600 at Sungyeol who was surprised by the sudden action.

 

Lift your head oh my god. They heard Sungyeol again but Niel lift up his head only to bow again.

 

Even Myungsoo is caught off-guard because never did he think of Niel fixing things this way. It didn’t take him long before he started talking and everyone falls silent.

 

“Hyung!”

 

Sungyeol look around, confused to what is happening and there, Myungsoo knew it. Myungsoo knew it that they’ve been set up.

 

Not that he mind though. He swear he’s so close to asking their friends for help if it goes longer than three months that Sungyeol is ignoring him. Him without Sungyeol is dangerous and stupid. It’s bad for his record as a nurse and bad for his patients.

 

“The letter was for you! I was just teasing you!” Niel’s voice made Myungsoo turn his attention back to where they are. “It was for you. It wasn’t for Doyeon, it was yours!”

 

Sungyeol blinks and looks at Myungsoo, asking if it is true and Myungsoo crossed his arms and nods.

 

“I never would’ve thought that you’re stupid enough to believe it wasn’t for you-“

 

“Yah!”

 

Niel flinches when Woohyun throws a popcorn on him and everyone laughs. “We didn’t ask you to say more than what we wanted you to say, keep going!” Hoya said threateningly.

 

Niel rolled his eyes. “Peachy.” He mumbles but again, turns to Sungyeol. “But seriously hyung, the message I read that night was yours. It’s from Myungsoo-hyung so, yeah. I’m out of here!”

 

As if on cue, Myungsoo walks towards Sungyeol, nervously, because the last thing he wanted right now is seeing Sungyeol walking away from him again.

 

“So… did you call me?” he started. Sungyeol flinch in place and slowly turn around to face him. He smiles.

 

It’s the same Sungyeol he ever wanted in his life.

 

“I- I didn’t… they do the calling- I wasn’t prepared for this at all.”

 

“I can see that.”

 

Myungsoo lend out his hand to Sungyeol which the taller hesitantly took. “Are you taking me away from here?”

 

“Unless you really wanted them to know and see that something you wanted to tell me, then no, I will not take you away from here.”

 

“I’d like it more if you do, though.”

 

Myungsoo smiles playfully and look around. Woohyun widened his eyes when the two started leaving.

 

“Yah, what the ? Where do you think you guys are going?”

 

“We went through the trouble of calling them out here, and you’re leaving?”

 

Sungyeol fasten his pace and Myungsoo chuckles. “It’s not like we wanted you guys to witness it.”

 

“Yah! Sungyeol get the back here!”

 

But Myungsoo ran and so did Sungyeol. They run until they’re out of breath. Until they saw Eli with his wife and son on their way to the covered court probably. Eli was about to yell out their names to stop them but his wife intervene and cheer them on.

 

Sungyeol stops when the coast is clear enough but didn’t let go of Myungsoo’s hand as he take a look at the younger’s back if there’s someone among their friends that followed them.

 

“Thank goodness, they didn’t bother following us.”

 

Sungyeol let go of Myungsoo’s hand only to be gripped by Myungsoo again. The taller blinks.

 

“Let my hand go, Myungsoo.”

 

“Why? Are you brushing your teeth again?”

 

“What?”

 

Myungsoo tighten his grip again. “Or are you going to your office and work? I heard you resigned to your work so that won’t work on me anymore.”

 

“What the hell are you talking about-“

 

“The last time I let go of your hand, you shut me out for a month and a half, do you actually think I’ll let go of you again?”

 

“Myungsoo I swear I can’t-“

 

“The last time I asked you to stay right where you are, you’re gone the next time I get back. So it Sungyeol, I’m not letting go of your hand again if that means you’ll stay right where I’m seeing you.”

 

Sungyeol felt his defenses crumble as Myungsoo looks at their hands clasped together, not knowing of when it’ll be free from each other.

 

“I’m not going anywhere anymore…”

 

The wind must’ve brought those words until it reaches Myungsoo’s ears because Sungyeol swears that almost came out softly from him. Myungsoo looks up to him, eyes not leaving as their eyes locked gazes. And when Myungsoo smiles, Sungyeol nearly choked with his own saliva. His heart can’t take much of this and it hurts in a good way inside him.

 

“Are you done running away from me then?”

 

Sungyeol nods. “Yes… because I realized how little the mistakes that’s keeping us away from each other… and it’s not worth it.”

 

“It finally reaches you?”

 

“It hit me. Finally.”

 

Myungsoo didn’t say anything. And they stay like that for a few moments. Just staring, their hands gripping back to back, their gazes locked.

 

He can see his own reflection from Myungsoo’s eyes and for Sungyeol, that means the world to him. He finally get to see his own reflection mirrored through his first love’s eyes. And he swears his eyes is mirroring Myungsoo’s own reflection. Finally, ing finally their gazes meet. Their hands are clasped. They’re together.

 

After all the mish-ups. All the ed up situation. All the misunderstandings. It’s all worth it now.

 

Sungyeol saw Myungsoo’s eyes widen and suddenly, a hand is on his cheek, wiping away the solid tears that came from his eyes.

 

Why does it feel so great without words?

 

Myungsoo is yet to speak neither is he, but the unspoken words are what’s keeping them in front of each other and for Sungyeol, that’s more than enough.

 

It’s more than enough.

 

“Are you crying because you’re happy? Or are you crying because I’m not letting your hand go? Because if it’s the latter, I’d rather see you cry because there’s no way I’ll let you go even if you beg me now.”

 

Sungyeol shakes his head and finally crossed the distance between them, buried his face along Myungsoo’s neck and encircle the younger’s waist with his free arm, the one not holding Myungsoo’s hand.

 

“Both…”

 

“Both what?”

 

“I’m crying because of both…”

 

Myungsoo hums and he swears he heard him chuckle. Sungyeol cries, cries until he’s sure that Myungsoo ain’t letting him go anymore.

 

“I love you…”

 

Myungsoo whispers and Sungyeol cries even more. How many years was it before he hear it from Myungsoo? Well, it was partly his fault that he didn’t hear it sooner, because he was so stupid.

 

--

 

Sungyeol is inside Myungsoo’s car on their way back to his apartment. The younger insisted of taking him home after assuring their friends that their okay now and apologizing to the home owners of that village which their friends disturbed for fun.

 

It’s raining and they’re silent inside that metal thing called car. It’s true that they’re okay now, happy even, but because of the days without each other, something called distance  intensifies between them. And Sungyeol has been thinking hard of how to break it because he surely wanted to be back to normal with Myungsoo again.

 

“Sungyeol.”

 

He jolts. “Uh… yeah? What is it?”

 

The younger let out a shaky laugh. “Why so nervous?”

 

“I-I’m not.”

 

“Really?” he nods and Myungsoo sighs. “You should wear your seatbelt. My car may be tinted, but I can’t afford you not following rules you know? You don’t know when an accident is bound to happen. The last thing I want now is you dying on me.”

 

He almost rolled his eyes. “I won’t die, Myungsoo.”

 

“You can never tell. Here, let me help you.”

 

Myungsoo is fast in unfastening his own seatbelt only to lean towards him and reach out his seatbelt. Sungyeol held his breath. Myungsoo is too close. Too close that he could breathe in the familiar scent he grown to love. And the weight of Myungsoo is on him that he swears it’s too suffocating but in a good way. If this is how he’ll die, then he rather die that moment.

 

“There.” Myungsoo turns to him. “Is it okay? Not to tight?” Now, their faces is a few inches away and Sungyeol can feel his insides hatching. this guy…

 

“Okay. It’s okay.” Was his strained reply. He gulps. “Ah, you can go back to your own seat. It’s green light.”

 

But to Sungyeol’s dying breathe, Myungsoo just turn to look at the traffic light which is, in all honesty, is still color red. Myungsoo giggles. “Just as I thought.” He said.

 

Oh no… was I too tense? “What?”

 

“I thought it’s only because I love you too much that I always find your eyes beautiful, but now that I’m this close, I’m glad it’s real. You do have beautiful eyes, Sungyeol.” He said and leans a little closer. Closer enough for Sungyeol to choke, again. It’s harder for him to breathe now more than ever, with Myungsoo this close to him. “You have such lovely lips too. I’ve been wondering how it’d taste like.” He looks anywhere but Myungsoo making the other’s lips brushes against his cheek.

 

Myungsoo lean in to his neck and Sungyeol swears he’s dying. “W-What the hell are you doing t-there-“

 

“What’s this smell? You smelt different from the last time we’re together. Is this my smell?”

 

Sungyeol blushes. Because, . Myungsoo’s look at him is teasing, very teasing. And he’s falling harder and harder.

 

“I change my perfume and- it’s green now, I swear.”

 

Myungsoo goes back to his seat and start driving again. Sungyeol breathes out only to realize how long is he holding his breath.

 

“Don’t you have work? Can you drive faster?”

 

“I’m late anyway so it’s okay.”

 

“Won’t Sunggyu scold you then?”

 

“He’ll understand.”

 

“But I won’t like that.”

 

Silence and Myungsoo reached out for his hand. “It’s okay. Now that we’re okay, I’m back on my tracks again… Sungyeol, I swear I tried imagining myself without you and…” he kissed the back of Sungyeol’s hand. “And it hurts. I don’t want to imagine it again.”

 

Sungyeol bite down his lower lip because hey, he did too. He tried too but failed miserably. He doesn’t want it either.

 

“Then don’t…”

 

Myungsoo looks at him and let out a dimply smile. “Don’t make me again.”

 

Sungyeol smiles. The same gummy smile is back and Myungsoo felt his heart swells. “I won’t. Promise.”

 

“Good. I won’t let you.”

 

Sungyeol smiles, finally. “Now, sped up. I don’t want you to be late and I don’t want to be the cause of it. So faster-“

 

“What’s the rush? It’s been so long since I last saw you-“

 

“I’m not rushing. I just don’t want you facing any consequences just because of me.” Sungyeol loosen up and held Myungsoo’s hand back. “I don’t want you getting scolded because of me.”

 

“Hm… really? Don’t you just want to get rid of me earlier?” he amusedly asked and Sungyeol is fast to shake his head in denial.

 

Sungyeol pull back his hand and crossed his arms. “Well, first of all, I don’t want you to be late.”

 

“Second?” Myungsoo tried to take his hand back but Sungyeol playfully swat it away.

 

“Second, I hate being the reason of you being late.”

 

“Is there a third one?”

 

Sungyeol acts like he’s thinking and smack his lips which Myungsoo found very teasing, he almost lean forward to kiss the taller if he isn’t driving.

 

“Third one is I don’t want you to be late.”

 

“And the fourth one?”

 

“Shut up and drive.”

 

Myungsoo laughs and Sungyeol thankfully watched him because he can feel the distance between them has melted away. “That’s the Sungyeol I know. For a moment there, I thought you really changed. Looks like I only need to loosen up a bit to take this tension out of our system.”

 

A few more minutes and Myungsoo murmur… “Hang on.” Then takes his hand to hold again before he sped up.  His jaw dropped low as he watch Myungsoo drive his own way out of the Seoul Traffic. And before he knew it, they’re in front of his apartment complex.

 

Myungsoo steps out and looks up before Sungyeol follows.

 

“So this is where I’ll look for you now, huh? No wonder how many times I tried picking up Moonsoo from your house, I can’t see you anywhere.”

 

“You was picking up Moonsoo?”

 

“Yeah.” Myungsoo said and turn to his side. “But I failed to see you every time.”

 

Sungyeol find that cute because Myungsoo tried hard enough during those times when he shut him out.

 

At least he keeps trying… was all in his mind. Realizing how there’s nothing to be disappointed about because even when they’re apart, Myungsoo is willing to wait for him no matter how long.

 

“I’m on the 13th floor… if you will ever ask.”

 

Myungsoo nods knowingly. “And the room?”

 

“1303.”

 

Myungsoo was taken back when Sungyeol leans to kiss him on the cheek and walk away.

 

Because hey, isn’t that the exact birthdate of Myungsoo?”

 

Myungsoo watched his Sungyeol walk away and winks at him as he gets inside of that apartment complex.

 

This time, when he let Sungyeol’s hand go, he’s not scared. Not scared anymore because he knows where to find him. Because he knows where he could see him again.

 

Out of all that things that happened to them and to what every separation brings, Myungsoo trusts him now more than ever. Because the only thing that keeps him here is the idea of seeing Sungyeol at the end of it.

 

And how much he wanted his every day to start and end with Sungyeol.

 

His phone rings and unconsciously take the call without seeing the caller’s name.

 

“Hey?”

 

“Don’t you ing hey me Myungsoo. Get your here in the hospital or I’ll kill you.”

 

But for now, he got himself an angry cousin to deal with.

 

--

 

Sungyeol looks around nervously and greeted guests with a plastered smile on his lips. He can see it from where he is that Woohyun is doing well in entertaining guests and so does Hoya. Sunggyu and Dongwoo has been doing well with the kids that arrived with their parents in that cafe of his that he newly opened. He’s nervous, so ing nervous he can feel himself puking any minute.

 

The opening is a success, like what Myungsoo told him last night. Myungsoo keeps on encouraging him about this whole thing. That he’ll be okay and it’ll be successful. But how could he calm down if Myungsoo, who was encouraging him the night before that day, is nowhere to be found beside him?

 

The café speaks serenity. Open for all ages, like how Sungyeol ever wanted it. The designs and the plans were finished because Myungsoo contributed his own idea. Not to mention, the pictures hanging around his café is all Myungsoo’s. Because he asked for it. Because he wanted Myungsoo’s photography to be around his own café. Because this is how he wanted it to be.

 

But Myungsoo is ing out of nowhere. Because there’s an emergency. And his family is all there. Moonsoo is there with Daeyeol. Myungsoo’s parents are also there, , even his grandfather. But whatever it is that’s causing him to be this late, Sungyeol doesn’t know. Because the whole squad is there, but without him.

 

Myungsoo’s mother approached him and pat his shoulder gently. “He’ll be here, dear. Don’t be too nervous.”

 

He nods nervously. “I know… I just can’t wait to see him…”

 

He’s left alone again. He clutch harder against his shirt and something hard was grabbed and Sungyeol ended more nervous.

 

He sits behind the counter. Woohyun walks towards him and let out another empty tray on the counter. “You okay?” he nods. “You look anxious.”

 

“I’m fine.”

 

“You’ve been fidgeting the whole time we got here dude. Chill! What’s eating you?”

 

Sungyeol smirks. “Someone might win a bet tonight.”

 

“Huh?”

 

But Sungyeol didn’t say anything and continue with his gummy smile. The clock ticks and he looks around him. All the happy faces of the people that loved his creations down to the faces of those people who loves him as a person… it’s warm. Incredibly warm.

 

He closes his eyes and tried to imagine his life with Myungsoo ever since that day.

 

Many times they ed up again. From the moment they decided to rent a bigger apartment so they could stay together, to the moment Sungyeol is planning for this whole place which he wanted to be called home by both him and Myungsoo. A place where he can be with Myungsoo even with his own photograph, because let’s be honest here. No matter how much he wanted to be with the Myungsoo he fell in love back in high school, the one taking pictures, he can never have it back anymore. Not because he love the nurse Myungsoo now less, but because everything has changed. They grew up.

 

Many times, they fought about what to eat for breakfast, for lunch, for dinner. Many times their pets fights and they ended up fighting as well, but there’s only holding on to each other now… never letting go.

 

Out of all the good days and bad days with Myungsoo ever since they got together, the days of Myungsoo handling him with too much care is his most favorite of all. And that means, every day.

 

Sungyeol chuckles to himself. Everything that’s completing him is Myungsoo. Even this café is completed because of Myungsoo. Because finally, finally the love between them grew more and more as the day goes by.

 

The bell attached to the door rings and all attention is there, looking at Myungsoo who’s dashing, still in his nurse uniform, making him look more heavenly than he already is.

 

He jumped from his seat and walks towards the younger and took the bouquet he was lending him.

 

“Congratulations for your opening day, Babe. I’m sorry I’m late. I was assisting a surgeon and-“

 

Everyone gasped when Sungyeol leans to kiss Myungsoo, which the younger answered back shortly. And when they separated, Myungsoo eyed him playfully.

 

“I don’t mind giving them a show, but Babe, we have kids around here.”

 

“I don’t care. I’m finally letting someone win tonight.”

 

“Huh?” Myungsoo asked confused. But Sungyeol looks around and found Woohyun and Hoya looking at him, surprised about what he just did. He gives his own mother and Myungsoo’s parents a nod and they all nod back at him, as if telling him to go ahead.

 

He took a large intake of air and finally locked gazes with Myungsoo, for the million times now. He took the box out of his pockets and Sungyeol smirks when he heard Woohyun said

 

Oh my ing … is he proposing?!

 

“This came out late… I should be proposing to you as soon as I see you again but things ended up this way so… yeah. Myungsoo…” he said and Myungsoo have his hand on his lips, trying to suppress a smile and that gives him confidence. “I don’t care how many dates are ahead of us when you couldn’t make it… I don’t care how many nights I’ll spend alone because you’re on your night shift… I don’t care how many days in week will I see you… because I don’t want to lose you anymore. We already lost each other more than twice and it hurts so I don’t want that feeling anymore so now…” he knelt to the ground and Myungsoo lowered down his arms. “Marry me. I don’t take no for an answer.”

 

“Any more choices then?”

 

Sungyeol smirks. “There’s only yes and sure in my choices. Which is which?”

 

“Then…” Myungsoo pulls him up and kissed him once again and everyone gasped again. They can hear Woohyun cursing and Hoya laughing because hey, someone probably win between those two right now.

 

Myungsoo let him go and Sungyeol his lips, slightly panting. “So? What’s the answer?”

 

“Yes… and sure I’ll marry you.”

 

“That’s great.”

 

And they kissed again, this time with both of their family firing party things beside their ears but neither of them cared. Because the only thing that matters that time is each other.

 

“I got something to tell you though.”

 

“What is it?”

 

Myungsoo pulls away from him and take out something from his pockets and once again, everyone is gasping.

 

“I was about to propose to you today too. You just did it first.”

 

“Well… that’s ed up but… put that ring on me.”

 

“Why?”

 

“Because it’s mine?”

 

Myungsoo laughs and gently slides the ring on Sungyeol’s ring finger. “No running away now…”

 

“I ain’t running away now…”

 

And everyone around them cheered. Cheered for Sungyeol’s sweet surrender and Myungsoo’s domination.

 

Though it wasn’t fully Myungsoo’s domination. Sungyeol proposed first.

 

They break the kiss when Woohyun yelled.

 

“GUESS WHO WON THE BET, ES?!”

 

--

 

A/N: HAH! Oh my God, let me breath!!! I finished without getting mental blocked, thank God!!! AND Thank you, my dear subbies for staying with me till this final chapter is out. I know I’ve been updating it slower ever since my life starts happening by the start of semester, but you guys stayed and that’s all that matters to me. For that, thank you. Thank you so much.

 

I let my own self suffer for writing three fics at the same time and I swear if that doesn’t kill me, I will. HAHAHAHA Anyway, as most of you guys probably can see, as I end this story, I have two more stories left for me to update. And here I am, promising not to abandon any of those stories again, so TRUST ME.

 

I may be writing for two different fandom now, but I swear there’s no more and less here, so don’t hate me for writing for two fandom at the same time.  NEVER MISUNDERSTOOD. Okay?

 

Anyway, for the last time on this story, let me know what you think. I know it’s too cheesy, okay? I almost puke rainbows here as well. HAHA Anyway, comment down below and let’s say goodbye to this story together.

 

Thank you and God bless you all!!! ^_^

 

Published: November 4, 2016

Completed: March 25, 2017

Author: ChekkyChoding9195