006: In the House

Love, Finally?

“Sungyeol I…”

 

The taller covered his ears and turned his back on Myungsoo. “No no no… I’m not taking it back! NOOO.”

 

The younger immediately smiled. “No… I was about to thank you for this. I mean, this is too much.”

 

He turned around to face Myungsoo again. “This is not too much, Myungsoo. I’ve been keeping all my gifts for yo—“

 

The younger looks at him weirdly but he looks the other way to avoid being questioned. And since the younger must’ve seen his strong disapproval to be questioned, Myungsoo didn’t ask anymore.

 

“Maybe… I should be going now… the others are still back in the bar where I left them.”

 

“You’re in a bar before you come here?”

 

“Yes. My friends asked me out since you cancelled on me.” The taller saw the flicker of sadness in the younger’s eyes so he take his word back. “But since I understand your work well, I think it’s okay for them too once I tell them your reasons.”

 

“I’m sorry for—“

 

“Hey, I already told you it’s okay.” Sungyeol cut him off. “Life happens and those kids needed you more than I do and besides, we have all the time in the world so… I think I can still give you some time to make it up on me.” He said playfully making Myungsoo smile.

 

“Then, okay… I’ll make it up with you as soon as possible… so please bear with me till that day.”

 

“Okay.” He said giving out a lopsidedly smile before going out of the younger’s office, surprising Sunggyu in the process.

 

“Sungyeol? What are you doing here?” he asked. Myungsoo came out from behind the taller and there’s no need to ask anymore. “I see… anyway, I just came here to give this to you.” Sunggyu gave Myungsoo a paper bag. “The three other paper bags were delivered here, I think it’s from your parents and your younger brother. And the other one is mine.”

 

“I thought I told you guys not to bother anymore… but thanks.” He said accepting the gift before turning back on Sungyeol. “Shall I hail a taxi for you?”

 

“I’ll be fine—“

 

“No. I’ll hail a taxi for you.” He said and goes back inside his office to put the present down. “Sunggyu, I’ll be out for a bit so…”

 

“Okay.”

 

Hands inside his lab coat and Sungyeol timidly following him to where they will be waiting for taxis the silence is as chilly as the evening air, but no one broke it. Maybe they are both fluent in silence that they decided to let it do the talking.

 

Sungyeol thought he would never see Myungsoo looks so dreamy other than with a camera hanging around his neck. The younger standing before him in his lab gown proves him wrong. Because he’s hot in that lab gown, he’s not even a doctor so he wonders why he has a lab gown.

 

When they’re on their stop, Myungsoo stood close beside him. “Sungyeol, thank you again for this but… can you extend your gift for me?”

 

He let out a chuckle before turning to the younger. “My my, aren’t you using too much of your luck today? Okay, let’s hear it.”

 

The younger let out a dimply smile to him. “Can you go home? I mean, go straight home. Don’t go back to the bar…”

 

Calm down, heart! CALM DOWN! Crush is asking you to go straight home… okay DON’T CALM DOWN! DON’T! He’s near on being hyper because of it and he stops himself so hard from it.

 

“Um… sure. I guess I’ll do that… if you tell me why first.” He said teasingly that caught Myungsoo off guard, but the younger get himself together too fast to his disappointment.

 

“Because it’s already late and tomorrow is a work day… I don’t want you pushing yourself too hard and get sick again.”

 

“I see… Okay.” He hails a cab and look back at the younger for the last time. “Then I’ll go now.”

 

“Thank you again… for everything and for saving this day.”

 

“I can save all your day… just call me anytime.” He joked.

 

Before the younger could even let his thought sink in his head, the taller is already inside the cab. That he ended up laughing to himself. He sent him a message before he goes back to the hospital.

 

Take care of yourself so I can still ask you out on a date anytime.

 

--

 

Sungyeol exhaustedly came out from their building that day. He’s been revising some tally sheets and he’s emotionally and physically tired. It’s been four days since he last saw the younger. And though they’ve been changing messages more often since then, he just can’t wait to meet him again. The reunion is right around the corner and he’s excited because of it. He just wished he could make it come sooner.

 

He jumps when someone suddenly put its arm over his shoulder. And if that someone didn’t talk, he might’ve hurt him already.

 

“It’s me.” Myungsoo raised his hands defensively. “I came here to pick you up and maybe take you home.”

 

“Myungsoo!”

 

Just by thinking about him and he’s right before his eyes, how cool is that? “W-what are you doing here?”

 

“I just told you, I came here to pick you up and take you home.”

 

“Eh? Why?” he asked confusedly. “And how did you know my workplace?”

 

The younger opens the door for him and shrugs. “I have my ways. Get in.”

 

He follows and waited for the younger to get inside as well before talking again. “I can’t believe you came here… aren’t you working?”

 

“I leave my post for a while.”

 

“WHAT?! Tell me you’re kidding!” he demanded but Myungsoo only let out a chuckle.

 

“It’s okay. The hospital doesn’t need me that much today so, I find my time to spare and decided to maybe take you out to dinner.”

 

“Take me out to—I thought you’re driving me home?”

 

“Well, I’ll take you to dinner first before I take you home, so what do you say?”

 

There’s no way he’d say no to him right? So he just let the younger takes him to wherever he fancies. “I swear Kim Myungsoo, if Sunggyu calls me saying to take you back there, I’ll kill you.”

 

“Don’t worry it’s okay.”

 

He was about to say something more when something fell, who seems to be a small notebook, from the dashboard. He picked it up and he failed to see Myungsoo’s usually emotionless face in panic. That’s the notebook where he always list down Sungyeol’s time taken before looking at his side, and seeing it in the taller’s hands, he swear he’s about to faint.

 

“Ah, that notebook…” he calmly said though he’s anxious inside. “Can you put it back inside the compartment? I left it over the dashboard…”

 

The taller examined it for a while before following the younger’s request to return it inside the compartment. “What’s inside it?”

 

“My patient’s names and other details I need to keep track with.”

 

“Oh. You don’t just leave them outside your dashboard if it’s important and confidential, you know?”

 

“Sorry about that… Shall we go?” the taller put on his seatbelt and nodded.

 

Myungsoo sighs in relieve finally after the notebook was placed back, without Sungyeol seeing the real content, inside his compartment.

 

Sungyeol thought only women can receive chivalry, he thought wrong. Because Myungsoo opened the door for him and even pull out his chair for him. It’s one fancy restaurant and he wishes he could dress more appropriately for the place.

 

They were given the menu and Myungsoo looks over it. “What would you like to have?”

 

“Um… since I don’t know their specialty, I’ll leave you to it.”

 

“You don’t need to ask.” He said smiling. He gave the waiter their order. They both the glass wall of the restaurant and watch the rain as it pours down strongly. “Good thing I picked you up, or else you’ll get sick again.”

 

“My resistance is strong today. The last time you saw me get sick it was because I’m exhausted.”

 

“Well, it’s good to know you’re following your nurse’s advice.”

 

“I only listen to one nurse though.”

 

The younger let out a boy next door smile. “I’m flattered.”

 

“But wait, are you sure it’s okay for you to leave your post for a while?”

 

“Yup, they don’t need me there.” He said. “Why do you keep on asking? And here I thought you misses me.”

 

OF COURSE I MISS YOU TOO! OH MY GOSH, YOU DON’T POUT ON ME LIKE THAT! He stood and Myungsoo was confused for a while. “I’ll go to the bathroom for a while…”

 

“Okay.”

 

Once inside the comfort room, he locked the door, and like a real psychopath he punched here and there towards the air. “YES! YES! YEEES! I LOVE YOU TOO KIM MYUNGSOO!”

 

A knock from the outside stops him for saying more. He opens the door and found another man looking at him weirdly, but since he’s more than happy that moment, he doesn’t give a damn about what other people thinks.

 

“I’m back.” He said.

 

“Welcome back.” Myungsoo is yet to start eating and he wondered why.

 

“Why aren’t you starting yet?”

 

“I was waiting for you to come back.”

 

“Then why didn’t you call someone else to join you and eat?”

 

“I’m already with you, why must I look for another one?” he asked and placed foods on his plate. “Now, eat.”

 

He watched the younger filled his plate with foods. “Do you plan on making me fat?”

 

“No, I’m making you healthy. And besides, I don’t think you gaining more pounds will mar your physical appearance. You’ll still look good as ever.”

 

He coughed. The younger almost stood to help him but he raised his hand to stop him. When he finally gets his own self back, he turns to the younger again. “You okay?” he asked.

 

“Myungsoo, can you please take it easy on me? One more compliment from you and I swear I’ll die.”

 

“Why?”

 

He sighed helplessly. “Just… just stop admiring me too much okay?”

 

“Okay.” He smiled alarmingly charming.

 

“And stop smiling at me like that.” He adds.

 

He admits he like how the younger is acting that time, but one more swift unaware attack from him and he might see through him that he likes him. And he can’t let that happen. He’s not yet ready on admitting it on his face about how he feels.

 

He reached for his water to distract himself, but the younger stops him to it.

 

“What are these?” he asked and when he didn’t answer soon, he inspected his arm. “These are bruises. What made you have it?”

 

“Um… Jureumi runs over me and I fell on the front porch, hitting my arm on the shelf beside me… so yeah.”

 

“What the f—are you okay? Are these tended?”

 

“Mom gave me an ointment so it’s okay now…”

 

“Are you sure?”

 

“Yup.”

 

He smiled and this time, it was him who placed foods on the younger’s place. “You eat too. So you can help me tend my bruises when needed, okay?”

 

“Okay. Just be more careful next time okay? Seriously, even after I asked you to take care of yourself the last time we see each other.” He said and he smiled sorry at him.

 

Before that night ended, Sungyeol is once again enlightened how right he was to love someone like Kim Myungsoo. He’s funny, he’s full of emotions, he’s imaginative. And If it isn’t long known by him, Myungsoo might show him more but their time is limited.

 

“Sungyeol, I know we both agreed that we have all the time in the world for me to make it up on you but… if I don’t messes things up earlier, would you still go out with me?”

 

Second date! “Ah, yes of course. When do you want it?”

 

“Tomorrow night? Are you good at it?”

 

“Yes. I am. So… tomorrow night?”

 

Myungsoo smiles and nodded. “Tomorrow night.”

 

The younger take him home and was watching him intently as his back was pressed against the wall. “Have I ever told you how good looking you are?”

 

He shakes his head. “I’m waiting though.”

 

The young nurse chuckle and caress his cheek. “You’re really handsome.”

 

“You are too.”

 

They both smiled and when their eyes keeps locked with each other, their lips almost touching, the younger’s phone suddenly rings making Sungyeol cussed internally a thousand times. WHAT THE !

 

“Go on, take it. We almost kissed, oh my god.”

 

“Sorry about this.” He said and takes the call without letting his waist go. “Hello? Oh, he’s there?” Okay. I’ll be there.” He looks back at Sungyeol. “I got to go, I’m needed back in the hospital.”

 

“Ah, yes. Okay… um…”

 

Before he could say more, Myungsoo placed a kiss over his lips but it was too short for him to act immediately. And when everything sinks in his head, the younger is already gone.

 

“Get yourself ready Kim Myungsoo! Because I’ll be taking that kiss from you tomorrow. By crook or by hook!”

 

--

 

Myungsoo reached his home only to find his friends and cousin scattered around the floor of his house.

 

“What the hell are you guys doing here?”

 

Kai came out from the kitchen with a newly cooked pop-corn at hand welcomes him home. “Yo. Welcome home.”

 

“Kai, what are you guys doing here?”

 

“They wanted to watch a movie.”

 

“And exactly when did my house become a movie theater?”

 

“Since now.” Kai walks passed by him and sits beside Krystal that only noticed his return.

 

“Oh, Myungsoo-oppa. You’re back, welcome back.”

 

He throws himself on the couch. Sunggyu was texting someone suddenly broke his silence. “Are you planning on taking Lee Sungyeol out tomorrow?”

 

“How did you know?”

 

“Sungyeol told Woohyun.”

 

He nods. “I am, why?”

 

“Nothing, I’m just asking.”

 

He joined into watching the movie they were watching. He smiles to himself as he takes out his phone from his pocket when it vibrated and Sungyeol’s name flashed on his screen. The taller is asking if he’s already home safely. He replied to that message only to gain attention from Sungjong who happens to be the nearest to him and Sunggyu that’s been watching him since he got the message.

 

Myungsoo is not the type to return calls or texts immediately, not unless it’s important like life to him, so looking at how fast he could type someone a message, it could only be mean that he’s texting: LEE SUNGYEOL.

 

Sunggyu and Sungjong sighs as Myungsoo giggles lowly. Their friend really looks like a love struck fool, but there’s nothing they can’t do about it. He’s been inlove since he noticed that man stalking him and always smiling as he looked at him. It must’ve been so precious, precious enough to be kept hidden the next time they meet.

 

And now, they’re looking at Myungsoo after meeting the same person he only takes interest to. Lee Sungyeol is back in his life, talking to him, eating with him and will probably go out with him. Who are they to fool themselves when it’s very obvious, these two are in love with each other, though no one wanted to confirm it first.

 

They’ve been waiting for a chance to talk, to eat together, to date, and that time only comes now, where they can converse more freely because they’ve matured enough to do that.

 

Myungsoo gets up on his seat before going inside his own room, and all of them follows him as he do that.

 

“Is it just me, or Myungsoo-oppa didn’t yell at us tonight?”

 

Myungsoo usually kicks them all out as soon as he arrived finding them all scattered around his floor, but not tonight. “I guess he had a good time with we know who…” Sunggyu simply said. “You guys better say thank you to Sungyeol. He’s probably the reason behind his good mood tonight.”

 

The youngers nodded and continue watching the film while he follows his cousin inside his room. Myungsoo is letting some clothes out, with its pairs and what shoes could be perfect with it. He watched the younger do wonders about coordination and it takes longer for Myungsoo to notice him.

 

“Why are you here?” he asked as he placed belts near the jeans he was preparing. “You are not allowed in here, get out.”

 

Sunggyu saw the brand new camera placed neatly over the younger’s study table. It’s a new model and he knows how expensive that is. “Let me guess, your Dad or your Mom gave that to you?” he said pointing at the camera. Myungsoo looked at where he pointed out and rolled his eyes. He guessed wrongly.

 

“There’s no way Dad or even Mom will buy me that.”

 

“Then who bought it for you? It can’t be Moonsoo… oh. Is it Grandma?”

 

“No. Sungyeol did.”

 

He whistles and was about to get closer to the camera when Myungsoo throws a pillow before his feet. “Stay right there and don’t touch it. You can look but no touching… definitely no touching it.”

 

He lifts up both his arms as a sign of surrender. Now even selfishness is inside the younger’s vocabulary. Myungsoo is still on his shirts and pants, trying to select the best pair.

 

“Yah, Kim Myungsoo. What are you doing?”

 

“As you can see clearly, I’m trying to find myself decent clothing for tomorrow.”

 

“Tomorrow? For your date?” the younger nodded and he snort. “I can’t believe I’ll see you in this situation.”

 

“Why? Can’t I do this?” he asked playfully. “I’ll be taking LEE SUNGYEOL out on a date for the first time tomorrow night. I should leave a good impression to have date number 2 and number 3 and number 4…”

 

He amusedly sits over the younger’s bed and helped him with his clothes. “Myungsoo, you know Sungyeol likes you too, there’s no way he wouldn’t ask you for date number 2, 3 and so on.”

 

“We wouldn’t know that. It’s been so long since we last saw each other, his feelings must’ve change.”

 

“Change? He asked you to marry him once he saw you again and you call that feelings changed? You’re kidding me right?” Sunggyu argued. “It’s as clear as crystals that Lee Sungyeol still likes you. There’s no way those deer eyes could emit wrongly.”

 

“Whatever. All I know is I have to be more sensitive to make him like me as much as he liked me before… and maybe… just maybe… we could be more than I expect us to be.”

 

A shirt flew on Myungsoo’s face. Sunggyu can no longer tolerate his love struck fool look. “Sungyeol likes pink, maybe you should wear pink.”

 

“It’s not my color.”

 

--

 

Sungyeol wakes up later yesterday and he found himself with an aching head. He goes down to their living room where he found his younger brother Daeyeol watching cartoons.

 

“Why aren’t you in uniform, kid?” he asked as he sits down beside him. “You’re supposed to be at school today.”

 

“You’re supposed to be at work today too.”

 

“I have a date today so I don’t go to work.”

 

“I have a date with the TV too.”

 

“Yah.”

 

“We have no classes. It’s a holiday.” Daeyeol answered finally.

 

“It is?”

 

“Yes.”

 

He just yawns before getting of his feet again and approach the kitchen. “Hyung, you should change first…”

 

“Why? Do I look weird?”

 

“You always look weird with your bedhair and your onesie pajama… and that’s Olaf you’re wearing. You’re really weird.”

 

“Why? It’s only you here to see me like this, why are you saying that as if you’re asking me to not give you your allowance?”

 

“I’m just suggesting…” Daeyeol pouts and he knows he wins this argument so he continues to go to the kitchen.

 

It’s been his habit to go straight to where the fridge is and just let his head rest inside it for a while. He doesn’t have anything in particular to get inside from it, it’s just one of his weirdest habit during the mornings that he know he can’t show anyone, though his friends knows it all.

 

“Mom, what’s for breakfast or is it lunch now? I’m starving.” He whines.

 

“I can cook you some if you like.”

 

He widened his eyes. He knows that voice… but it’s impossible… why is he hearing that voice inside their house?

 

“Sungyeol?”

 

He abruptly pulled out his head, hitting the fridge’s door in process, hurting himself stupidly, again, in front of the man he likes. “Ouch! !”

 

“Oh my gosh! Are you okay?”

 

Myungsoo helped him up and the younger led him to sit in one of the seats near them. He can’t be dreaming, it really is Myungsoo.

 

“What are you doing here? Our date is not yet… now right?” he asked carefully as the younger inspects his head for a bump or bleeding. He hit his head quite strongly to the fridge’s door.

 

“My God, what do you think you’re doing so early in the morning? Good thing it’s nothing serious and you’re not bleeding.”

 

“It should be me asking that question… what are you doing here?” he asked again and this time, Myungsoo stops inspecting his head and smiles charmingly at him, with his dimples out.

 

“I’m sorry for being here unannounced. I never would’ve thought that the woman I helped in the grocery store happens to be your mom.”

 

“My Mom?” Oh my god, my Mom knows him! “…” His Mom knows Myungsoo to be his first love. So maybe his Mother insisted with the younger to join them or come home with her so she could give Sungyeol the biggest surprise of his life, which he succeeded effortlessly, because seeing Myungsoo when he just woke up appears to his dreams only. And he thought dream always wins over reality? Looks like it isn’t always like that.

 

Myungsoo looks at him with confused eyes. “Why ?”

 

“Oh… nothing… did my mom asked you to stay?”

 

“She said she’ll cook for lunch and I should join you. I should’ve refused but she insisted.”

 

Mom, I love you! “I see…” he said trying to act innocent. His mother really done it this time. “And where is my mom?”

 

“I think she went to the neighbors to borrow something… I said I’ll help him with the faucet too.”

 

“You shouldn’t—“

 

“Yah, Lee SUngyeol. What do you think you’re doing in front of the visitor?” she asked looking terrified at him.

 

They both looked at Sungyeol’s mom appearing to the kitchen door with something in her hands. “Mom… you’re back!” he said with a very cheerful voice. “You need help with any—“

 

“I’m asking you what are you doing appearing before Myungsoo with that onesie you like so much?”

 

He looks down to himself, and … he’s in his OLAF ONESIE PAJAMA! “OH MY GOOOD!”

 

“Yes, oh my God. Now, go back and change before you scare Myungsoo out.”

 

The younger beside him giggles but he doesn’t even look at him disgustingly, he’s more of… amused. “Yah Kim Myungsoo! Why are you smiling like an idiot?”

 

“Sorry, you look cute nonetheless… no worry.”

 

“No! I’m not even cute yet when you saw me! Oh my God oh My God!” he runs as if his life is depending on it. And Daeyeol, with his most teasing tact, let BTS’s Run played in full volume, making him hit his brother with a cushion straight to his face. “Stupid Lee Daeyeol! You should’ve told me he’s here!”

 

“I did tell you to change!”

 

“Shut up! No allowance for youuu!” he said and go on with his running galore.

 

“Moooom! Hyung is mistreating me again!”

 

But only his Mom’s and Myungsoo’s giggle were heard from the kitchen and he swear he blushes, real hard again.

 

Crush is in the house! Crush is in the house! Crush is in our ing houuuuse!

 

--

 

A/N: I can’t say I’m back with my usual update till Monday so… please hang in there. I’m trying to figure my final project out and hopefully, I’ll be over and done with it on Friday so I can finally relax and give you guys multiple updates. I only came back in AFF since I realized it’s been… ten days[?] since I last updated this story of mine. Sorry about that. Comments, anyone?