Chapter Seven

Let's Not Fall In Love (우리 사랑하지 말아요)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

MAY

 

It’s Friday.

 

The day of the “date” and how I wish I can back out. I am so used to doing things with myself and having fun on my own.

 

Sera comes early with me, she’s currently buying popcorns for all of us. Taehyung texted me that he’ll be here at the cinema in 5 minutes and I wait impatiently.

 

“Hey cupcake, hope I don’t keep you waiting,” Taehyung hugs me. “Girls, I would like you to meet Chanwoo. He and I go way back.”

“Hi, nice to meet you,” he shakes our hand. “Jungjoo, I heard a lot about you.” He kindly says but Taehyung hit him at the arm.

 

“And Sera, my date for tonight,” he gently lifts her hand and kisses it.

“Wow,” she feels amaze. “What a gentleman, come along.” Sera smirks at Taehyung and I and both of them walk somewhere else.

“Don’t forget about the movie!” I manage to say.

 

Honestly, I want to run and hide. It feels really awkward with Taehyung right now.

It doesn’t feel awkward when we first met and have those fun conversations that were natural. Now… just now in time is standing still… I’m just choking.

 

“So, what do you want to do?” Taehyung break the silence.

“Hmm?” I hum, not aware of anything.

“Hmm, we can do anything but you know, my arm,” he shows the bandage thing. It seems fine now, instead of the cement. It’s now the clothing wrapping around.

 

“Why not we just check out some books at the bookstore across here,” I point at the store.

“Sure,” he agrees and we walk all the way there.

 

I know it’s odd to hang out in a bookstore right before the movie.

“Sorry, I can’t think of anywhere but here,” I whine.

“Its fine, it’s like getting to know you better,” he says. I admit, I’m surprise he said that.

 

“You like reading?” he ask, picking up a book that he end up reading the back cover.

“I love reading, I collect books,” I answer. “You should see my bookshelf, it’s completely full of books. I only read half of them.” I laugh.

“I want to try reading, I’ve been through so much,” he says.

 

Then I’m reminded on what Mino said, about Taehyung’s accident and it wasn’t him lifting weights that cause his broken arm.

“You should, it’s relaxing and fun.” I pick a book that looks interesting, ignoring whatever I’m trying to say.

 

 

 

 

Inside the cinema, the movie starts and I’m already eating the popcorn. Sera and Chanwoo are sitting in front of us, it’s

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter