Chapter Eight

Let's Not Fall In Love (우리 사랑하지 말아요)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

MAY

 

“I’m… I’m sorry…” he stutters.

“No… um…” it’s official, we render ourselves speechless.

“Let’s go home, I’ll send you home,” he says and walks all the way to the car.

 

The entire ride is quiet and I don’t feel any awkwardness. All I do is stare out the window and try my best to not look at Taehyung.

My mouth is too heavy to move or speak.

 

Once I reach my dorm, I take a few seconds just in case he needs to say something but nothing, figures.

“See you,” I avoid eye contact and instantly get out of the car.

 

I continue walking without looking back to my dorm, hoping a little that Taehyung will explain what happened earlier but none of that happen.

The next thing I know, I am already in my dorm leaning against the door.

 

I am officially confuse and speechless.

 

 

The next few days, I try to find and avoid Taehyung at the same time. Everytime I step in college, something inside me stings like a force shield is preventing me from walking forward in life.

 

“Sup bestie,” Sera greets me, bringing her lunch to my hang out. “Where’s Taehyung? I haven’t seen him since he introduced Chanwoo to me.”

“He’s busy I guess,” I say, realizing that I don’t know what Taehyung is doing now and Sera might know. I change the topic quick, “So, how’s you and Chanwoo?”

 

“Oh, he and I didn’t work out,” she wrinkles her nose when she says that. “I think the guy I’m friends with ever since, I am falling for him.”

 

I remember that my crush on Jin, she has been texting him all day until midnight nonstop. She does that to my crushes but mostly, lucky they never had feelings for her but instead, chose to be friends with her than me.

I did confront her about it but she says that it’s what friends do.

 

“Who is it?” I want to know.

“I will tell you soon once it’s official,” she says, taking a bit of her sandwich then chugs on her diet soda. “So, you and Taehyung, where’d you guys go to after the movie?”

“What about you? Where’d you go?”

“Back to my house,” she smirks. “Now answer my question.”

 

“Can we stop talking about Taehyung? Can we talk just about anything other than ing boys or something? I’m so tired of it,” I exclaim and realizing what I said. Regretting it as soon as it comes out.

 

“Woah, are you okay?” Sera gives a confuse look.

“Not really, look I just want to be alone for a while okay?” I say as I get up and walk way. I can’t stand to hear the name of his.

 

 

 

Stopping in front of the door of my class, I don’t know if he’s in or not. If he is, I won’t go in. If he’s not in, I’ll go in.

 

Opening the door a little, I immediately see the seat he will always sit in and fortunately he’s not in class. I muster the courage, take a deep breath and enter.

 

There goes my day, back to normal like I haven’t meet Taehyung at all.

 

Waking up, going to class, eating lunch, hanging out with some friends, watching TV in my dorm and going to sleep at night.

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter