Empty

Irene's Personal Artist
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter
“Unnie, you have to see this!”  

Irene rolled her eyes, already used to it. She didn't need Yeri dragging her this time; her own feet automatically lead her to the art hall, leaving Yeri to catch up behind her.

 

Huffing, Irene pushed through to the front of the crowd. Was the crowd bigger than usual? Are they taking pictures with their phones?!

 

The anonymous artist, instead of stopping like Irene had hoped, had continued with the series of portraits of Irene. Irene had even left sticky notes on the display case asking the person to stop, but got nothing in reply.

 

The students of the school started to anticipate the paintings, going as far as betting when a new portrait would be released.There was no pattern or warning to when a new piece was revealed and they changed as frequently as every week.

 

The students even named the series The Bae of SM High, and created a fan page with all the portraits released so far on the school website. The freaking school website!

 

Let's see what they drew this time.

 

Irene stopped short in front of the display, eyes bulging wide. She stood completely stunned before feeling heat rush all the way from her neck to the tips of her ears.

 

It was a full body portrait of Irene’s back with her bare shoulder peeking out from a loose collared shirt. Only the side profile of her face was visible. Her eyes were half open, with a smoky gaze, giving the painting an overall very seductive look.

 

Irene almost fainted on the spot.

 

The detail was impeccable.

 

She almost reached out her hand, wanting to trace each strand of silky hair.

 

“Damn Unnie,” Yeri whistled, breaking Irene out of her trance. “You look smoking hot,” she teased as she fanned her herself.

 

“I'm reporting this!” Irene screamed indignantly as she stomped away.

 

 

“U-um h-hello?”

 

Irene took several deep breaths trying to even out her breathing as she leaned against the door, her hair flying everywhere.

 

Note to self: never sprint all the way from the arts hall to the student council office ever again.

 

“Are you the student council president?” Irene gasped out.

 

The startled brunette’s eyes flittered down to the golden nameplate on her desk that said Student Council President and then back up at the girl that suddenly barged into her office during lunch.

 

She smiled amusedly and Irene wanted to smack her dumb self for not noticing the name plate.

 

“It seems so,” the brunette answered cheekily, completely relaxed. Gone was the flustered expression from Irene’s sudden arrival. “May I help you?”

 

Irene held back a scoff at the smug look on the girl’s face. Despite that, she couldn't help but compliment her in her head.

 

I didn't know our president was this pretty.

 

“Yeah, I need to know who's the one putting up the paintings in the display case in the art hall,” Irene spat rapidly.

 

“Huh?” The girl raised an eyebrow, thrown off by the seemingly random question. “W-why do you need to know that?”

 

“Because,” Irene groaned. “Someone keeps drawing pictures of me and putting them up there. I want them to stop.”

 

The girl raised an eyebrow. “Why would you want them to stop?”

 

“Why? Why would I-? What?  What do you mean why?” Irene sputtered. "I-I just don't like it!" She was at a loss for words. Why didn't she like it again? Why couldn’t she think in front of this girl?

 

Before she could open and embarrass herself further, someone knocked on the door and walked in.

 

That was a much more gentle entrance than mine.

 

“Seul? What are you doing here?” the newcomer asked Seulgi, who beamed back at the redhead and Irene felt her heartbeat stop for a second at the sight of such a cute smile.

 

“I was waiting for you, Seungwan-ah,” Seulgi smiled.

 

Wendy eyed her best friend and Irene suspiciously. “Don't tell me you were pretending to be the president of the student council again, Seul,” she threatened.

 

The bear-like girl chuckled nervously.

 

“What?” Irene asked increduously. “You mean you're not the president of the student council?” she pointed at Seulgi accusingly.

 

Seulgi shook her head twice, an innocent smile plastered on her face.

 

“Are you the treasurer?” Nope. “Secretary?” Nope. “Vice President?” Nope.

 

Irene narrowed her eyes. “Are you even on the student council?”

 

Nope.

 

Irene wanted to flip a table out of frustration, but how could she get mad when the girl was looking at her with such adorable eyes and the prettiest smile ever?

 

Dumb. She looks dumb.

 

“I'm not in the council,” Seulgi answered slowly. “But Seungwan here is!” she grinned as she pulled Wendy forward.

 

Wendy smiled abashedly and extended her arm for a handshake.

 

“Hi, I'm Wendy Son, the student council president and I'm sorry my best friend is an idiot,” she greeted Irene.

 

Irene returned the handshake. “Irene Bae.”

 

Wendy smiled knowingly and Irene felt unease sinking into her stomach. Both she and Seulgi seemed to know more than they let on.

 

“I know who you are, Sunbaenim,” Wendy chuckled. “Who doesn't know the bae of SM?”

 

Irene groaned. “That's the thing. I want to know who's in charge of the art being displayed in the art hall. I want them to stop putting up pictures of me and I want to find the artist.”

 

Wendy hummed, her eyes flitting towards Seulgi for only a split second. “Well, I can't help you too much there. The art council is in charge of that. You'll have to ask them,” she informed Irene.

 

“Where can I find them?” Irene asked.

 

Wendy looked at Seulgi, signaling the girl to answer.

 

Seulgi hummed in thought. “Right now, they’re probably in the arts hall. They have a meeting now.”

 

Wendy narrowed her eyes at Seulgi. “Shouldn't you be there then?”

 

Seulgi shrugged. “Yura usually tells me if I miss anything important.”

 

“You're on the art council?” Irene asked Seulgi in surprise.

 

Wendy patted her friend on the back and smiled proudly. “She's VP of performing arts.”

 

“For real?” Irene asked a bit in disbelief.

 

Seulgi laughed and Irene felt the bottom of her stomach drop at the angelic sound.

 

“Do I not seem the type?” Seulgi asked, amused.

 

“Seul here is the school's best dancer and a great singer,” Wendy praised her friend. "And she's in the art club. She's quite the artist," she said teasingly, as if insinuating something, causing Seulgi to go bright red. Irene narrowed her eyes at them suspiciously.

 

So Ms. Bear-Look-Alike here is an artist, huh? I wonder if she's-

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter