Winner

Irene's Personal Artist
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter
 

“Unnie, what are you doing?”

 

Irene snapped out of her trance as Yeri caught her alone in the arts hall, eyes still drawn to the empty display case.

 

It’s been weeks…

 

“Unnie?” Yeri called out worriedly.

 

“N-nothing. Let’s go. The art competition is about to start.” Irene tried to smile, but it ended in a grimace instead.

 

Yeri could only shake her head. Irene had been out of it ever since they removed the last portrait, and never replaced it with a new one.

 

When will she come to terms with herself and how she actually feels about the paintings?

 

 

 

“Yo baby bear!” Yura called out as she swung her arm around Seulgi’s shoulder. “You ready for this competition?” she asked, looking around the room at all the people bustling about and setting up their art aisles.

 

The art competition was going to be held in real time. There was a centerpiece in the middle of the room, for Irene to pose on. The time limit was three hours and the artists were allowed to use any tool they had in their possession and any style.

 

Seulgi grinned up at her senior, after she finished setting up her canvas. “Think you can challenge my winning streak?” she joked.

 

“You may be better at painting, but I’m still the best at realistic sketches. Let’s see who wins this time, my pencil or your brush,” Yura challenged lightheartedly.

 

“Actually, I’m planning on doing a sketch this time too,” Seulgi revealed.

 

“Really?” Yura drew back slightly from the embrace in surprise. “You think you can beat me in my own game?” she smirked.

 

Seulgi laughed humbly. “No, I don’t think so.”

 

“Don’t be so modest, bear. You aren’t the best artist in all of SM high for nothing, even if you are a year younger. I have to say though, you have improved alot since last year,” Yura paused, and Seulgi sensed a change in ther one. “Especially your portraits of people.”

 

“T-thank you,” Seulgi muttered in surprise. Apprehension started to settle in her stomach.

 

Does she know?

 

Yura suddenly leaned in closer so Seulgi could feel her breath, hot on her right ear.

 

“My favorite was the black and white sketch done in graphite. I was pretty impressed,” Yura whispered.

 

 

 

 

 

 

She leaned in even closer with a teasing smile. “Your fingers are quite skilled, aren’t they?”

 

Seulgi gulped involuntarily.

 

She definitely knows.

 

Before Seulgi could grasp her mind around the situation and react, the door to the art room swung open harshly, revealing a flustered(?) Irene Bae.

 

Seulgi fought back a shiver as she looked up and met Irene’s steely cold gaze. Irene seemed pissed and she seemed to be glaring straight at her.

 

Irene walked to the center piece, eyes looking anywhere but Seulgi’s, whereas Seulgi kept her eyes on Irene the entire time, completely entranced by her mere presence.

 

“Let’s begin.”

 

 

 

 

Irene took a deep breath as she placed her hand on the doorknob.

 

Somewhere on the other side of this door, is my artist.

 

She pushed the door open slightly and her eyes instantly fell upon Seulgi.

 

She is really pretty.

 

Irene felt her mind stop for a second, as she admired the girl's beautiful side profile, before she noticed a pair of lips, dangerously close to Seulgi’s ear.

 

Suddenly pissed, Irene slammed the door open and strutted to the center piece, glaring once at Yura.

 

She sat down, eyes refusing to glance in Seulgi’s direction, and heart still beating in annoyance.

 

Calm down. Why am I so pissed anyways?

 

“Let’s begin.”

 

 

 

It’s been an hour and Irene was bored out of her mind.

 

This was a mistake.

 

For the first ten or so minutes, Irene had felt super self conscious.

 

Who wouldn’t if they had thirty pairs of eyes scanning their body and scrutinizing every detail? Irene tried her hardest not to move or make eye contact, but she found herself constantly glancing to her left, where a certain bear-like girl sat.

 

Next to that annoying Yura.

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter