Date

Irene's Personal Artist
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Seulgi stared at the address Irene texted her. She thought it looked familiar when she first saw it. Looking up at the building in front of her, she now knew why.

 

It was the National Museum of Art

 

Seulgi grinned to herself. Did Irene decide to come here for their date because of Seulgi? As far as Seulgi knew, Irene was not the type to frequent art museums. Seulgi was pretty sure Irene avoided anything art related. The fact that Irene decided to come here for their date warmed Seulgi’s heart.

 

Of course, there was no way that Seulgi was going to tell Irene that she's been to this very museum hundreds of times already.

 

 

 

 

Irene silently fumed to herself.

 

What was she thinking? An art museum? Really?

 

For some reason, she desperately wanted Seulgi to enjoy their date and this was what she came up with.

 

She hated art. Well... not hated, but she just really didn’t like art. She had no appreciation for it. Yet here she was, heading towards the biggest art museum in Seoul, all because of Seulgi.

 

But what if Seulgi was sick of art and didn’t want to see even more art? Or what if she’s already been to the art museum and seen all the paintings.

 

‘She probably has’, Irene pouted to herself. She really didn’t think this one through. But it was too late.

 

All her apprehension disappeared though as she spotted a familiar figure waiting on the marble steps of the museum.

 

Shyly, and very unlike herself, she walked up.

 

“Did you wait long?”

 

 

 

Seulgi looked up from her phone, and her jaw dropped open, not even registering the question Irene just asked her.

 

Who needed an art museum when she had the Irene Bae standing in front of her looking like a goddess?

 

“You look gorgeous,” Seulgi breathed out in awe as she felt her soul leave her body. She’s surprised she didn’t stutter. The blush she received in return only made the sight in front of her all that more endearing. Irene was so pretty it hurt.

 

“That wasn’t the question,” Irene coughed lightly into fist as she tried to fight away the warmth in her cheeks. Two seconds into the date and she was already blushing.

 

'Focus. You’re here for a reason. Don’t get distracted by her good looks, her adorable smile, her warm eyes...ahem.'

 

Irene shook her head slightly. She had to stay focused. Today was not just a date. No, she was a girl on a mission. Today, she was going to figure out whether Seulgi was the one behind those portraits or not.

 

The two of them walked up the stairs awkwardly. Seulgi was too nervous to look at the beauty next to her and Irene was too anxious.

 

Seulgi pulled the door open and gestured for Irene to enter first. Blushing slightly, Irene bowed her head slightly in appreciation (and to hide her red cheeks) before walking in.

 

They then spent the next hour or so awkwardly standing next to each other pretending to be appreciating the various galleries the museum had to offer. Key word: pretending.

 

In reality, Seulgi couldn’t keep her eyes off the girl next to her, preferring to stare at Irene than even the most famous and acclaimed paintings of history. To her, nothing beat Irene Bae’s beauty.

 

Irene on the other hand, felt pressured to keep her eyes on the art. She didn’t want to seem disinterested in the art and offend Seulgi. So for every painting they came across, she would stop to examine it  and furrow her eyebrows pretending to be in deep contemplation when in reality, her mind was completely blank.

 

The only thoughts that ran through her mind were how cute Seulgi looked in her normal clothes as opposed to the school uniform; or how nice Seulgi smelled whenever the girl came close enough.

 

Just like her favorite detergent.

 

Seulgi chuckled silently to herself as she saw Irene once again scrunch her nose and lean towards the painting, pretending to be interested in the abstract art. It was cute seeing the older girl try so hard for her. Knowing Irene was bored out of her mind in reality, Seulgi decided to relieve the older girl of her torment.

 

“Sunbaenim, I’m a bit hungry. How about we leave and go to a cafe?”

 

The way Irene turned towards her with sparkles in her eyes, cute nods, and a bright smile, Seulgi could feel herself falling more in love. Seulgi’s eyes softened as she grabbed the girl’s hand, and led them out of the museum.

 

Irene on the other hand, was just grateful to escape from that horrid place. Another painting and she would’ve exploded from boredom.

 

Nope, art was definitely not for her.

 

But she would be lying if she said she didn’t enjoy Seulgi’s warm hands holding hers.

 

 

 

 

“I’ll be right back,” Irene told Seulgi as she got up from her seat in the cafe.  

 

Seulgi nodded and Irene half walked half ran to the bathroom. She didn’t want to keep Seulgi waiting, but she also didn’t want to seem too desperate. Irene Bae had to be cool no matte

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter