Irene's Personal Artist
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Yah! Kang Seul!”

 

Seulgi turned around to find Wendy rushing towards her.

 

“The president shouldn't be running in the halls,” Seulgi teased as Wendy got closer. “Shouldn't you be setting a good example?”

 

“Forget that,” Wendy stuck her tongue out, blatantly acting as un-president-like as possible. “Where are you going?”

 

Seulgi raised an eyebrow. “My first class. Why?”

 

“Shouldn't you be checking the results of the art competition?” Wendy asked. “They're out.”

 

“Which one?”

 

Wendy raised an eyebrow suspiciously. Seulgi’s dumb innocent act didn’t work on her anymore.

 

“The Irene Bae one.”

 

Seulgi stiffened and Wendy could see the walls going up and the internal conflict playing in Seulgi’s eyes.

 

“So?” Wendy asked.

 

“It doesn't matter, Seungwan-ah. There's no way I won,” Seulgi denied. She turned around, ready to walk away, but Wendy grabbed her just in time.

 

“It does matter, Seul,” Wendy insisted, dragging her away despite the girl’s weak protests.

 

“Just look at the results, will you?” Wendy almost begged. She’s just about had it with Seulgi’s stubbornness. “You would want to see this. Trust me.”

 

“Why? Did I win?” Seulgi asked as they turned the corner into the arts hall.

 

“Look for yourself,” Wendy stated as vague as possible.

 

However, even if Seulgi wanted to see the results, she couldn't. The arts hall was completely crammed with people, leaving Seulgi and Wendy all the way in the back of the crowd.

 

“What is going on?” Seulgi asked, curious of the commotion. Her previous works hadn't even garnered such a fiery response. What were the students chattering about?

 

“Yah, do you think she's the one?”

 

“It's really good, but I don't think it's at the same level.”

 

“Really? I think this sketch is really, really amazing. Look at the details in the eyes. It practically looks like a photograph.”

 

“Yeah, she draws really well. I wouldn’t mind paying for a portrait from her.”

 

“Who even is Kang Seulgi?”

 

“Wait, I’ve heard of her! The teachers in the art program refer to her as the model student of this generation. She’s good at every aspect of art, unlike other people who tend to specialize in only one style.”

 

“Well it’s no surprise she won then.”

 

“What does she look like?”

 

“I heard she's ridiculously pretty.”

 

“Sounds like she’s perfect girlfriend material.”

 

“...I thought you were straight?!”

 

“So? I can make an exception for her.”

 

“Do you think she's the one, though? The one that’s been behind all these portraits of Bae?”

 

“Makes sense. Who else could it be?”

 

“That would explain the previous portrait and why they looked so perfect. If anyone could do it, it would be her.”

 

Seulgi wanted to shrink away, disappear into the crowd, have the earth swallow her, anything really.

 

At this point, Seulgi wanted to just turn around and come back later, or never, but Wendy had a death grip on her arm.

 

They were freaking talking about her.

 

Right in front of her face.

 

And if there was anything Seulgi hated more than having hands too big to fit inside pringle cans, it was being the center of attention.

 

Just as Seulgi was about to tap Wendy on the shoulder and ask if they could just slip out unnoticed, Wendy cupped her hands around and shouted.

 

“Alright, everyone move!”

 

Everyone stopped talking and looked towards Wendy and Seulgi. Seulgi’s face heated up, as she felt at least fifty pairs of eyes on her.

 

Great. If they didn’t notice who I was before, they definitely know now.

 

“Hey, that's the student council president!” someone whispered within the crowd, causing the students instantly split, creating a pathway in the middle.

 

“Thanks,” Wendy beamed a smile at the crowd before turning back and facing Seulgi. “C’mon, let's go.”

 

Seulgi blushed harder as she walked down the aisle feeling shy under everyone’s searching eyes. She mumbled something about Wendy abusing her president privileges, but the girl pretended not to hear.

 

At the end of the display case was none other than the Bae herself, st

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter