oo7

Drowning Us
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Hi! Before you all start reading, I have a poll below. Please let me know if I'm wasting my time putting notes in the "Author's Thoughts" or if you actually do you read them. I just don't want to keep thanking you all there if you don't even look at it. Thanks!

 

 

Oh Tech wasn't his dream, but his father's dream and the day Senior Oh finally got his hands on it, he promised his customer's the best satisfaction. He pledged to make the best technology, specifically, smartphones for the uprising future. This year, it was finally time to launch O12, the newest model that had been in the works for three years. And, this year, it was up to Sehun to make it successful.

He couldn't remember the last time he was so anxious for such an occasion. In fact, he wasn't even this bad when he wedded Insook. The young CEO was excited yet nervous as he paced in the bedroom, their bedroom. He wasn't nervous about the event. Events like these were as slick as butter. He was tense about the dance, about how to confess to his wife and everything that had to do with Insook. He stopped in front of the full-length mirror in the walk-in closet. He leaned forward, zooming his face into the reflection. His black locks were nicely styled back, flowing along his scalp. His dress shirt, crisp and white, but his bowtie could use improvement. Why could he not tie the stupid bowtie tonight?

Insook lingered outside the walk-in closet. Her back faced the wall and she closed her eyes. All that was on her mind was when and how she would hand the stupid papers over to him. “Are you ready?” Insook had finally invited herself in. It was rare she came into the room when he occupied it if it wasn't night time, but whenever she came, it wasn't for pleasure or for joy. She meant business and tonight, she just wanted to get this charity banquet over with. It was a special occasion for him, but this was just another business for her. It was some tedious task she had to do because she was still his wife.

He jumped a little at her presence. “Sook-a, could you help me out with this?” he said, frustrated. He quickly recovered from his shock hoping she didn't notice. Sehun casually walked over to his wife; his head in the same position it was when he faced the mirror, outstretched and uncomfortable. He tipped his chin up for her to easily access the undone bow.

She remained in the doorway. Her eyes watched him unknowingly. Sook. It had been so long since he had called her that, she almost kind of missed it. But, she couldn't so easily fall for another of his stupid tricks. It had to be an act. What he called getting into the mood before an important event just like the time they had dinner with his parents.

“Insook?” he said once more, waking her out of her trance. His neck was still extended. His proximity was only inches away from her.

She finally looked at him, embarrassed she had been staring in a daze. She quietly reached out to his bowtie, putting it together, little by little. Only the tip of her toes touched the floor as she reached out. And, barely, could she reach his neck. Sehun slightly bent his knees noticing his wife's struggle. Her breath tickling his neck. She paused for a bit and hoped he didn't notice the goosebumps he gave her. She convinced herself to divorce him, yet she longed for his touch. She pulled on the final edges of the bowtie and as she started to step back, he gave her a kiss on the forehead, lingering his lips there for a tiny bit.

“Thanks, hun,” he pulled back with a smile. “You look gorgeous, by the way.”

She stood there, surprised. “What are you doing?” she questioned with a racing heart. She convinced herself to hate him, she needed to hate him.

“What?” he innocently asked as he slowly removed his hand. He was trying to let the biscuit dip into the tea slowly.

“Just, hurry up. It's getting late, ” she rolled her eyes as she turned to walk out. Insook had to get away. She could feel her heart’s want to jump right out of her chest. She quickly took a turn into the bathroom to further avoid him. She didn't know what she was doing anymore and as she looked into the mirror, it was obvious she was so flustered with his actions her face pinked. She pretended to occupy herself as she the faucet.

“Are you almost ready? I'll be in the car waiting for you, ” Sehun knocked on the door.

“A...almost, ” her voice croaked as if it could get any more embarrassing for her. She waited in the bathroom some more making sure she gave enough time for Sehun to leave the house and make it into the car. This had to be the most they've interacted since marriage and Insook wasn't sure if she was liking it too much. Especially if she was going to make herself a living fool.

Thank goodness he stayed quiet as they boarded the car and made their way to the banquet. Her heart raced as her head became clouded with the event in the closet. Insook secretly watched her husband concentrate on the road ahead. And, she couldn't help but admire him more. Her heart and thoughts wavered because it would only hurt her more. She was confused about herself, about him. Did she really want a divorce? Actually, did he really want to divorce her?

Sehun parked the car and like they always practiced he opened the door and waited for her, like the gentleman he was after he had gotten out from his side. There was no special entrance, however, as the man who held the business in his hands, there were going to always be special attention. Not even ten minutes into the event and they had greeted over fifty high entrepreneurs. It wasn't surprising that he had dragged her everywhere they went; that he had held her hand tightly through the night or smiled at her every time some man mentioned how pretty she was. Events like these were, in fact, predictable.

“Good evening Sehun, Mrs. Oh, ” the man reached out for Insook's hand. He kissed the back of it and she could feel her husband tense up. Insook pulled her hand back seeing as the man was holding it too long. They were close, but she didn't want such a physical interaction from him. After all, she is married.

“Baekhyun, ” he tried his hardest to smile back. In life, everyone had a rival and he happened to be Sehun's for

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter