oo6

Drowning Us
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

How can you so easily say that you want it to end?

She lied to herself, once when she married, she thought she could drift through her water alone. As she held those papers she was fabricated by her thoughts of a hopeless miracle, thus lying to herself twice. And, a third time when she saw those flowers in his car tonight.

As she leaned against their front door she waited until she could no longer hear his car roar. Only then did she collapse to the ground. She cried. And, she cried hard. Then she laughed, a hysterical laugh that echoed through the empty walls of their house. The house she never really even created memories with him. She wasn't exactly sane, but she wasn't insane either. She teetered somewhere in between. Why was she in remorse when she could just leave him, now? How could she have been so pathetic, so small? He had never been there for her, at least not when he had left her. There was no need for him in the future. She needed to drift through her water alone. She wanted to drift through her water alone.

With her glassy view, Insook made her way to his office and there she pulled out the papers she kept so safe to herself. She moved one step closer to getting a divorce. She glanced around for a pen, the perfect black pen Sehun had used every day and she signed it, Park Insook. Now, she only had to hand them over to him. She wiped a tear that managed to escape without her permission. Several droplets followed and she wasn't sure if it was joy or sorrow that she had felt, but she knew one thing, she felt her heart fall into the pit of her stomach.

Sehun was like an onion. He was a man of mystery. A man with many layers of secrets and as he parked outside of his destination, he had one more secret he couldn't seem to share with Insook. He turned off the engine. The stillness of the night enveloped him and he took a deep breath, closed his eyes, and leaned his forehead against the steering wheel hoping to relieve his rotating thoughts. He wished he would have just told her he wasn't going to see Heejin. He wished he would have told her he wanted to spend the night with her. But, he chose to come here and he was the one to blame, once again.

Thanks for taking such good care of her.

Those words still haunted him, a living nightmare, followed by her giggle. A month ago he had faced them, the lying and the real father, Seo Jin. He once thought he was doing well. He didn't mean any harm to divorce Insook. It was for her own good as well as his. He didn't want to become like his father, his father he had despised so much. Sehun had always brought roses to her. The roses he didn't buy for his very own wife. And, once in a while he really convinced himself that he still loved Heejin. Now in his heart, he had only felt confusion and hatred. Most of all she had hurt his pride. His good for nothing pride. He hit his steering wheel out of anger and sent a loud, unnecessary honk. He didn't know how else to express how he felt. Sehun was a man who had been taught to grow up with pride and no fear. A man of arrogance.

“Are you going to come inside? I can't bring the studio to you, you know,” Jongin knocked on his window. His cheerful voice muffled by the glass.

Sehun stopped his childish act upon his friend’s voice. It took him a minute to process what he was doing and something inside him triggered. “Here, the roses like you asked, ” he shoved the bouquet at his friend as he got out of his car. “I can't keep bringing these to you, ” he said. His voice was full of futile hatred.

“Okay, okay. I'm sorry. I've just been so busy. Last time, I promise, ” he smiled. He stepped out of the way only for Sehun to lead them inside. He stopped in the middle of the lot as he took a swift of the roses’ scent. His girlfriend would surely like these. As he looked back up, Sehun was really heading into the dance studio without him. “Hey, I'm guessing you didn't tell her yet?” Jongin quickly caught up to his friend. Jongin was a friend, the only friend that was patient enough to deal with Sehun's hard head. “Ah, come on Sehun, it's been a month. Just throw away your stupid pride and admit you lost,” he pestered his friend.

“What do you want me to say? Oh hey, Insook, the child isn't mine and I'm not seeing Heejin anymore. Please don't divorce me, ” he sarcastically said.

Jongin only laughed, finding Sehun's sarcasm a bit amusing. “You know, you should have waited. You really shouldn't be so stubborn, ” he gave his friend a pat on the back.

Jongin was right. Sehun was definitely drowning himself, but he would never admit that. At least not now. “Why is Minseo coming, again?” Sehun a

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter