oo8

Drowning Us
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Insook awoke to the cool of the wind hitting her skin. She stretched her arms and glanced at the dashboard where the clock was nearing ten in the morning. Her eyebrows furrowed not quite understanding how she had slept through the whole night, especially in a position like this in the seat she still occupied. She looked over to see Sehun concentrated on the road and his window wide open.

“Did you sleep last night?” she greeted him. Her arms stretched out followed by a yawn and his jacket fell to her lap. She thought she had given this back to him last night. How odd it ended up here again.

He hummed an answer of yes and handed her a sweet bun he was munching on. “Eat this for now. We still have thirty minutes, ” he said.

Insook hesitated at his friendly gesture. Wasn't he just mad at her last night? She looked at him and then at the bun before taking it because her stomach wasn't going to save her from embarrassment.

“Where are we going?” she asked. “Sehun, if you don't turn this car home right now, I'll….”

“Busan, for our honeymoon. We haven't had one, ” he casually said interrupting her mid-sentence. He figured they both needed a vacation, a break from life and maybe he would be able to dip into the tea with peace, ask her to stay, and life would be simple.

She stopped chewing and became quite dumbfounded. Her heart rate suddenly increased with happiness, but she dare not show it. Was this Sehun trying to apologize for last night?

“In these?” she asked as she pulled on the edge of her dress.

“There's a flea market around here. I was thinking we do some shopping and get some food to eat before we head to a hotel for the night, ” he said as he fumbled around with his GPS.

She wanted to laugh at him, but she needed to be mad at him. This was so Sehun. He was lost without his company and a clutz without his secretary. But, instead, she looked at him. Her heart was really messed up. He can't be like this, he can't keep being like this when he wanted a divorce.

“Sehun?” she asked, the mood suddenly changed.

He hummed at her, a sign that he was listening and she may ask whatever was on her mind.

“Do you, ” she began but was soon interrupted by the ringing of his phone. He gave Insook a look of apology before picking up. “Love me?” she whispered the last two words as he talked to the caller. She needed an answer. She wanted an answer. She sighed. Just as she finally mustered enough courage to bring this up again, this would happen to her.

“Sorry, Insook. What was it that you wanted to ask me?” he said as he parked the car at their destination, ” He looked into her eyes as he pulled the key out of the ignition.

“N...nothing, ” she said as she opened the door. It was a good thing that thirty minutes didn't take long because Insook had to get out. She wasn't sure if she was going to be okay today. He was acting weird and it was making her heart beat irregular. She closed the door and heard him mirror her movements. Insook walked around the car relieved he wasn't waiting for her. It would have only made things even more not Sehun.

“I think we should find something to change out of first, ” she said when she finally caught up to her husband's pace. In front of them was the flea market he was talking about. The variety of shops here shouldn't make it too hard for them to find something decent.

He looked around and finally realized what she was referring to. Sehun smoothly took in her hand only to have her struggle out of his grip.

“Sehun let go, ” she pulled on his hand. “You hurting my hand.”

“Well, then stop struggling and just let me hold them. We wouldn't want someone to snatch away the most sought out lady, would we?” he .

“Why do you care? All you want is a divorce. What good would I be to these people if you don't even want me?” she challenged him. Insook’s blood began to boil as if she wasn't even happy a minute ago.

“Ajusshi, ” a little girl tugged on Sehun's pants reminding them they were out in the public. Sehun looked at the little girl. Her hair was held back by a headband, but what attracted his attention the most was her big round eyes and the yellow flower that hung right above her right ear. Dumbfounded, he spotted her basket of shirts, each one had their own price tag. The little girl lifted the basket closer to his face, a definite sign she wanted them to buy what she was selling.

“Would you like me to buy one?” he sweetly asked the little girl.

She gave him a wide grin and nodded. Even if the shirts weren't the best style, he couldn't help but pull out his wallet. And, as soon as he pulled out some money, she already had a pair of shirts waiting for him. Without rejection, he took the flowered shirts and handed her the money he owed. Satisfied the little girl walked off to the next customer she wanted to pester.

“What are you going to do with those?” Insook asked.

He looked at the nice Hawaiian shirts. “One for me and one for you, ” he smiled as he handed one to her. Sehun walked ahead ignoring the argument they had just now. He decided he no longer wanted to continue to argue and instead of telling her he didn't want a divorce anymore, he ignor

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter