oo2

Drowning Us
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“In a competition, there's always a winner and a loser. As long as there's a competition, I can be a winner too.”

She couldn't even bear to hear the news. Her own mother seemed thrilled and Sehun's parents were definitely happy, but she was something else. And, as he stood in front of her, did she know how she felt. Hate wasn’t even the right word to describe how she felt towards him. Her condolence no longer was for his grandmother, but it was for him. He had died long ago in her sea.

It was ironic that the weather was raining so hard. It definitely wasn’t in the forecast. It was as if she was being mocked by mother nature because loving Sehun was sunshine at one point, but then it had poured.

The longer she stood in front of him, the more she felt as if she should have ran like the first night she had heard of the news. She curled up her fingers and squeezed her fist tightly just like that night she held his engagement ring. That same particular night she had hoped for the ring to suffer in her palms just like how he had made her suffocate all these years he had been gone. Tonight, she wanted to do the same to him. She could just easily squeeze the breath out of him, but what joy would that bring her if he didn't have to suffer for as long as she did. She was going to marry him and hold on to him. She was going to make him know how it felt to lose someone who had meant so much. Insook was going to make Sehun feel all the pain she had felt.

“To get married, of course. Isn't that what you wanted?” he shamelessly asked.

Insook wanted to slap him for being so bold. She could feel the tears b, but she bit down on her cheek until the taste of iron overwhelmed her taste buds bringing her back to her senses.

“No, it’s not what I wanted, ” she lied to herself. Her hair was drenched as it flowed over her shoulders making her look like a madwoman.

“Oh, ” he sounded surprised. “Is it because you wanted to be with him? Did I just ruin your happy ending?” Sehun sarcastically sympathized.

It angered her how he could still be so full of himself. Sehun hadn't changed one bit. Actually,  he had changed quite a bit. Her tears streamed down her cheeks and it didn't matter if it was pouring anyone could tell she was crying. She choked her tears back and loud ugly sobs came out in place of those being held back. She needed to leave because if she stayed any longer, she would make herself into an even bigger fool in front of the man she fell in love with.

“Our happy ending isn't ruined until our story stops, ” he walked over to Insook. Baekhyun held a large black umbrella in one hand as his other wrapped an arm around her waist bringing her into him as her head rested on his shoulder. He eyed Sehun. Never once did Baekhyun let the man before him intimidate him as he comforted Sehun's to be wife in front of Sehun's very own eyes. Somehow, it had brought him more satisfaction than he could ever imagine.

“You have no right to be interfering. This is a husband and wife's matter, ” Sehun boiled in anger. He grabbed Insook's wrist and pulled her his way, but instead of holding onto her, he sent her onto the ground beside him. Sehun held onto Baekhyun's collar. His other hand balled into a fist and he was about to strike Baekhyun. And, the only thing that held him back from doing so was the stares of the guests leaving. He pus

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter