oo5

Drowning Us
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Quick Author's Note:

It's Dimples here!

It's been A MONTH!! I'm terribly sorry for the lack of updates. I've been feeling a little uninspired and life has been keeping me busy. I'm hoping to not make this a very long fic so I did another time jump and I might do some more. The point is, I hope it does flow well despite the jumps and I strongly recommend everyone who has been keeping up with this fic to go back and reread the previous chapter or even better, read from the start to avoid confusion. I am hoping for more than once a month updates, but I really have to get my shiz together first.

Always, I thank you for the patience, subs, upvotes, and comments! Please enjoy! ^^

 

 

In her hands, she held the papers he had given her in a manila envelope. They were no longer crisp sheets but instead crinkled with her touch. The first time she looked at them, her heart dropped and she cried relentlessly every night as she slept on their king bed and him on the couch. Had it already been two months since he had brought her the news?

“Heejin is staying whether you like it or not. It's my child she's carrying, ” he shouted at her.

Heejin’s due date was nearer as time passed and reality hit her hard. Sehun and her were really never meant to be. This, she thought, had to be a record for the fastest divorce a married couple ever went through.

“I'm giving you four months, ” he said as he handed her the documents. “I will protect her.”

He gave her four months and now there were only two. A tear fell unknowingly. What happened to their vows? What happened to the to have and to hold, from this day forward, for better, for worse, for richer, for poorer, in sickness and in health, to love and to cherish, till death do us part? What happened to the I dos? God, she wanted to be stronger than that. She wanted to keep all the droplets she had bottled inside for someone more worthy than a man like him. But, every single time she cried. Her stupid tears would escape without her permission. And, even when she worked beside him, she couldn't help but think that one day, this seat would no longer be hers and that man would no longer be called her husband.

“Mrs. Oh? Sehun called and told me to tell you he’ll be picking you up in twenty minutes, ” her secretary peeked her head through the crack of the door.

She quickly wiped her tear, hoping they were unnoticeable. She adored Sehun for always being able to solve the company problems as quick as possible. But, it saddened her that he couldn't even problem solve his own marriage. She smiled at her secretary and hummed an answer of understanding before sending her off, but it was so hard for her to pretend everything was alright. That they were happily married. She shouldn't have agreed to dinner with his parents without his permission. She closed her eyes, took a deep sigh, leaned back, and relaxed a little in her seat only to have someone knock on her door, again.

“Come in, ” she answered, not meaning it one bit.

“I brought you flowers!” her guest chirped as his head peeked around the door.

Baekhyun, the only guy that seemed to be her hero in her hardest days. It was hard for him to stop pursuing her, for now, but he was doing so much better and it actually made Insook jealous.

“Didn’t I tell you to stop bringing me flowers? Sehun doesn't like it, ” she answered.

“Ah, come on Insook. Flowers always make a girl happier. Any man would know that. Besides, I don't see any flowers from him, ” he sauntered up to her in his crisp, clean suit and plopped himself right on her desk. “I think I'm already being too nice allowing this company to proceed with sales, ” he smirked.

“Yes, yes, and I've thanked you a million times for the chip, ” she said as she shuffled a pile of disorganized documents on her desk.

“He really should just consider himself lucky and stop giving you a hard time. If it wasn't for you, I would have never let him win so easily, ” he cockily said. Actually, Baekhyun didn't really give up. It just pained him to see her so hurt from arguing with Sehun all the time and to know he was the start to every single one of their arguments he decided to step back because he loved her. He would wait his turn when she was free from Sehun.

“Alright, Baekhyun. I think you should head back. I'm heading out soon, too, ” she brushed him off not wanting to let him ride his high horse for too long.

“Awww, you really don't want to see me that badly?” he joked.

And, she only sat back down.

He pouted at her. “Insook, don't think about it too much. We both know Sehun. This is just one of his phases. One of his spontaneous thoughts at work. Remember when I told you Sehun was like staples?” he asked.

She rolled her eyes at him. “Since when did you get so wise?” she asked.

“I'm serious. Here, take a look at this. Staples are wonderful because they can do a lot and without staples, we would be a mess. A stick of staples like this is great, very strong. See, this is Sehun and the company. I'm sure he's a great man when his thoughts are about work. He runs this place smoothly. But, take a look at this one staple here, ” he held up a packet of papers stapled together. “It's still great, but it can also fall apart easily, ” he said as he searched for the staple remover. “This one staple here is Sehun at home. He can fall apart easily when the wrong person approaches him. What I'm saying is you are the staple remover or you have to be the staple remover, not Heejin. Pry him open. Let him see what he's doing with his life. Get through to him because he isn't as strong as he looks.”

“Alright wise guy, ” she finally let out a laugh. “It's one thing to be wise, but why do you keep comparing life to office products? Business guys, ” she joked shaking her head at him.

“I really mean it. I think Sehun just needs someone to help him open his eyes. Open his mind. I would do it, but he hates me to the core, ” he said.

“Thank you, for always trying to cheer me on and for not pursuing me, ” she laughed. “I really need to get going before Sehun gets even more upset, ” she gave him a hug before letting him out the door.

She walked back to her desk and pondered Baekhyun's words a little as she gathered her belongings before leaving. She looked at the clock above the entrance to her office hoping she had sent Baekhyun out early enough for Sehun not to notice. As she got into the elevator a pathetic thought overwhelmed her. Wouldn't it be nice if Sehun came to personally get her in her room? She shook herself awake from such a dream and walked out onto the first floor when the elevator came to a halt. She spotted Sehun through the glass windows waiting for her.

“I see you and Baekhyun still have your little flings,” he greeted her.

And, she only wanted to shut him up, but instead, she sat down and buckled her belt for a long quiet ride.

“I thought you said he isn't pursuing you anymore? You're both liars,” he continued.

“Why do you even care? What difference does it make?” she asked.

He didn't waver one bit and instead, he focused on the road ahead just as she thought. Oh Sehun could think whatever he wanted because, in the end, they were going to get a divorce anyway.

“Are you ready to go in?” he asked her. His booming voice woke her up from sleep.

She looked over at him and he had his eyes on the little mirror that sat inside the sun visor. Sehun adjusted his tie and then he glanced over to his wife, his behavior suddenly changed. It was different, a side that was rare to her. Something she had wished he would do for her every time. Without an answer, he closed the visor and got ou

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter