oo3

Drowning Us
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

She tread the waters when they were children and as a man, he drowned her again as if she was dancing underwater.

“What kind of man do you want to marry?” he asked her.

They were both seven at that time and the word marry should have never been an option. But, Sehun had dreams he wanted to fulfill and to make Insook happy was his biggest dream.

Insook sat there. She wore her favorite sweater on the hottest day of the month to cover the latest bruise her father had given her. It wasn't that she was shy, but she was afraid. She was afraid her father would strike her later for talking to someone.

“Go on Insook. If I don't tell and you don't tell, then your father won't know,” he whispered to her.

She thought about it some more and she hesitated. “I want a man who can dance. A perfect boy,” she said. Something about Sehun made her become braver. Even if she was scared, she liked it when daddy brought her with him to business meetings with the Ohs.

This was the kind of Sehun Insook had known about twenty years ago. The Sehun she wished she could talk to again and the Sehun she wanted to keep to herself. This Sehun was pure, innocent, and happy. This was the only Sehun that could keep her from suffocating in her very own sea.

Four months seemed long when just said, but the months flew by and the night of his grandmother’s funeral became a mere memory etched in the back of their minds. The worst part of the wedding just finished. Today, he did not ask what kind of man she would like for him to be. In fact, he wasn't at all thrilled with the wedding itself. Instead, he just looked exhausted. And, as for the lady, weddings were supposed to something special for a young woman like herself, but today, she didn't know how she felt. If anything, she knew she wasn't happy. All was left was the after party, the one his mother thought was necessary to congratulate the two. It was also a good opportunity for the Ohs to introduce the new addition to their business and to show off the house they had bought for the newly wedded couple because, in business, the more elegant and the bigger something was meant more power. And, the power the Ohs held, could not be defeated.

“Now, hurry along. All the guest will be waiting for you two, ” his mother ushered them as she followed his father out the door.

Sehun’s artificial smile disappeared as soon as he closed the door. He scoffed at his mother’s lingering words. Even if you don’t love each other now, as time grows your love for each other will also blossom. His mother was partially right. He did not marry her because he loved her. In fact, he only married her because something inside him wanted to spite Baekhyun. If Baekhyun wanted to compete in life, then so be it, but this time Sehun had definitely won. However, he had no intentions of letting their “love” blossom.

“Are you going to go first or do you want me to?” he asked her as he loosened his bowtie. He carefully sat next to her on the bed making sure he wouldn't sit on her sprawled wedding dress. And, this was the Sehun he was now, cold, heartless, and stoic. It was hard trying to read what was happening beyond his mesmerizing view.

“Do you not even love me one bit?” she asked. His, as well as her mother's words, were still lingering her mind as well. Insook felt the need to confirm their relationship. After all, she didn't want to do anything that she would later regret.

He looked into her eyes sincerely and at that moment she had grown hopeful. He lightly pushed her till she laid on her back and as he hovered over her did she feel her heart accelerate.

“You see how I feel?” Sehun placed her hand on his chest. “If a man and a woman were to be in love, ” he caressed her hand he placed on his heart. He looked into her eyes endearingly. “Right now, he would not be this calm, ” he shoved her hand that remained on his chest longer than necessary and he pushed himself up letting his smirk sink into her. His eyes darkened as he turned away and he yanked his bowtie off as he strutted to the bathroom, deciding for himself that he would shower first.

Insook's heart was still racing as she tried to recover herself. She crumpled her dress as her hands balled into fists, from anger, frustration, and a lot of hurt. Had she always been just his toy?

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter